Conflicting Reports On Alberto Del Rio Having Talks With WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
But these guys are older talent you can really only count on once or twice a year. Del Rio seems to still be in prime wrestling age and could probably be at the worst a mid-carder.

I guess I just enjoyed the roster more last year than this year.
Well, he's 42 years old and he wrestled about 10 times in 2019 and once in 2020, so I wouldn't say he's in the prime of his career by any means. After two lukewarm runs in the company before and being exposed time after time as a negative locker room guy, what does he bring to the table that would warrant any kind of serious investment? He's a midcard at BEST imo, because he sure as hell doesn't deserve to be pushed at the level of guys like Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, McIntyre, Styles, Owens, etc. and I personally wouldn't want him taking time from the likes of Aleister, Andrade, Garza, Zayn and so on. They already have more talent that they know what to do with so, I'm just not seeing the upside of having him. I don't think it would be catastrophic to bring him back or anything but I'd prefer to just look back fondly on his initial run than to bring him back a third time for no good reason.

Having said all that... I think the whole rumor was bullshit from the get go and I seriously doubt WWE have been in any kind of contact with him to begin with.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
He doesn't need another shot.

Pat

Yowie Wowie Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
jeffhardy
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Sports Team
v0Br4GW
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Well, he's 42 years old and he wrestled about 10 times in 2019 and once in 2020, so I wouldn't say he's in the prime of his career by any means. After two lukewarm runs in the company before and being exposed time after time as a negative locker room guy, what does he bring to the table that would warrant any kind of serious investment? He's a midcard at BEST imo, because he sure as hell doesn't deserve to be pushed at the level of guys like Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, McIntyre, Styles, Owens, etc. and I personally wouldn't want him taking time from the likes of Aleister, Andrade, Garza, Zayn and so on. They already have more talent that they know what to do with so, I'm just not seeing the upside of having him. I don't think it would be catastrophic to bring him back or anything but I'd prefer to just look back fondly on his initial run than to bring him back a third time for no good reason.

Having said all that... I think the whole rumor was bullshit from the get go and I seriously doubt WWE have been in any kind of contact with him to begin with.

I'm not out here saying he needs an immediate shot at the WWE title, but I think he's at an age where he can still compete reliably and put on good matches. I'd like to see him back, hear the music, Ricardo Rodriquez and what not. There are a ton of "badass" characters in WWE right now, so I think one like ADR might get some variability going.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm not out here saying he needs an immediate shot at the WWE title, but I think he's at an age where he can still compete reliably and put on good matches. I'd like to see him back, hear the music, Ricardo Rodriquez and what not. There are a ton of "badass" characters in WWE right now, so I think one like ADR might get some variability going.
Well I can understand that and I won't take that away from you. I don't think it would be just awful if he was to return, but it's not something that interests me and I legitimately don't think it'll happen.