Cody Rhodes News Pieces from WrestleMania weekend

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

I'm so down to see where this wild ride goes. I do think he becomes world champ before too long, I just hope they give it a bit of time and really build to it because it would be super special. Probably gonna be plenty of watchful eyes over on the AEW side to see how gets used aswell.​

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Shit is just surreal honestly lmao

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I haven't watched Wrestlemania Night 1 yet but hearing how he was treated makes me really happy. We better enjoy the ride while it's lasts.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Once the 24 hour spoiler is over, i'm just going to make this a megathread for all Cody articles from over the weekend

In an interview with The Ringer shortly after his victory over Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 38, Cody Rhodes detailed the process that led to his comeback to WWE after six years.

Rhodes revealed WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and WWE Senior VP Bruce Prichard gave him his flowers for his involvement in the formation of AEW.

“One of the most special parts of it was Bruce and Vince flew down to meet me,” Rhodes revealed. “If that meeting had not led to anything, if it was just a conversation about wrestling or sports entertainment, it would been great closure for the last loop – because I left here on the worst of terms. I talked all the smack on earth – but none of it mattered. It was just a case of [Vince] telling me, ‘you went out and did it.’”

Rhodes also confirmed earlier reports that several high-placed officials in WWE were adamant about Cody Rhodes maintaining his AEW ring gear, theme music, pyro and persona.

“I remember saying, ‘I have to be me. It has to be Kingdom [theme music], it has to be the American Nightmare, all of it.’ To hear Vince say, ‘well, it’s not broke, that’s what we’re buying’ felt like vindication. It felt so good.

“You spend all this time trying to prove people wrong who doubted you, prove people right who were on board with you – but at that moment, it was just closure on the first loop, and excitement for what’s next. I’m going to talk about it on RAW.”

Rhodes emphasized he’s back to WWE to carry out unfinished business for his family.

“”But it’s pretty clear what I came back to do,” Rhodes said. “There’s unfinished business for my family, and something we never got. And I want to be the one to get it.”

Speaking further on his meeting with WWE officials, Rhodes referred to WWE President Nick Khan as the nicest guy he’s ever met.

“He is the nicest guy I’ve ever met in my life,” Rhodes said of Khan. “It was so nice to have him, the Chairman and Bruce all come in [to meet me]. The courtship felt so good, it really did.”
Seems like he badly needed / needs that validation from Vince and the world championship would be the cherry on top.​

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't need this much insider information. The match itself was awesome.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I joked about it once the rumors of him coming back started but that…

“Wrestling has more than one royal family” just hit differently. The fans lost their fucking minds :proud

Reactions: Swerve

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah no matter bow anything goes in the future, that return entrance and match is an all time moment

Reactions: Cwalker

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I don't need this much insider information. The match itself was awesome.
So don't open a thread that says media scrum then

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
I have to admit it was cool but hopefully Cody doesn't get stale like he did in AEW.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Isn't the match more important than this? If ya want delete most posts for not bein' on topic but you know I hate social media shit.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
That one entrance and match was better than anything Cody did in his first run with WWE

Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Cody Rhodes made his WWE return at WrestleMania Saturday with a win over Seth Rollins, and one of the first things he did in the match was a reference to his old gimmick, Stardust, when he did the cartwheel, which you can see below.

Rhodes has made it clear in past interviews that he doesn’t like the run as Stardust. After returning to WWE this weekend, Rhodes spoke with Ariel Helwani and revealed that he asked WWE not to mention his past as Stardust. He said the following:

“There wasn’t any true guarantees,” Rhodes said of his new WWE contract. “There was a request. I said I never want to ever see Stardust ever again, and I never want to hear it and talk about it. I never want to see it, and it was a handshake and that was all I needed. And the first thing I did in the match last night was a random Stardust reference. I thought, ‘What are you doing?’ You’re going back on your own strange requests. But other than that, it’s complex to get this all together, maybe one of wrestling’s biggest contracts, which I’m so flattered about. I’m like, ‘Gosh, I’m happy,’ and I have a child, so yeah.

“But It was more a matter of, I don’t not trust people, right? It’s not that I don’t trust this person’s words or that person’s words. But at this point in my career, I do trust myself, fully, implicitly trust myself, so I know what I can do, and if given the platform to do it, I’m able to move on, I’m able to get over, and I’m able to get hopefully what I want, and that was presented to me on a silver platter last night. Nothing changed. Kingdom played. Wrestling has more than one royal family. This is a world where the term ‘wrestling’ isn’t said that often. So to hear that was a big give from them, and to be me, yeah, I trust me.”

So who's the first opponent going to be who mentions it :hmm:

Swerve

Whose House?!
Reaction score
Gaffney, SC (Home of the Big Butt "Peach" on I-85)
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
RGKCxbB
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Cody Rhodes’ return to WWE has been expected since hours after the news broke he and his wife Brandi were leaving AEW. We’d heard for weeks he would make his first appearance for the company at WrestleMania 38, as Seth Rollins’ opponent.

Even with the advance warning, it was still wild to see the American Nightmare make his entrance in AT&T Stadium last night (April 2) — an entrance that was nearly identical to the last time we saw him on Dynamite in January — then go on to defeat Rollins in a match of the night candidate... on a very good night of matches.

If it was weird for fans, imagine how weird it must have been for Rhodes’ family and former co-workers. Well, we don’t have to completely imagine it because, like Cody himself, some of them have shared a bit about his new job finally becoming official.

Tweets from Brandi, Dustin, Ric Flair, various AEW talents etc. embedded in the article.

Last edited:

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I guess I’m one of the few people that didn’t hate the Stardust shit. It wasn’t THAT bad. And I think the whole supervillain turn the character took was more entertaining than any of the shit he was doing with his brother initially.

Reactions: Swerve

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I genuinely don't remember anything about it other than im 99% sure I fucking hated it. I seem to remember him fucking hissing like a cat or some shit and I was big nope.