CM Punk vs Rey Mysterio

• Thread starter The Rated R CMStar
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

I for one am very excited for this match. I think this two can put a hell of a match together and I think they could merge very well in their styles and give us a MOTN candidate.

I am also really happy this match happened in a PPV and not on a normal Raw.

Do you think this two can put a good match together?

seX-Power

I think that this match will be really awesome and I hope these two are given a lot of time to produce what might be the show stealer. I think that Punk will win and later win the IC title.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
**3/4. I can't see this match being any good. It will either get enough time will be wasted, or not enough and just be a waste anyway. It's good this is on PPV, but what about the ACTUAL TITLE?

Enigma22

Reaction score
it should be good if they give it enough time. they might give it around ten minutes so it should be decent. they could have a great match if they gave them like 15-20 minutes to work with...

noumenon

I'm a little confused as well that the title isn't actually being defended at the PPV...kind of seems like the logical move. But anyway, I would have much rather see the finals come down to Punk/Morrison or Punk/Kofi.... I think either of those would have been the far more entertaining match. If the finish to the Kofi/Rey match was any hint to how Punk/Rey will be I can't say im excited.

MattC13

Reaction score
This will probably be a good match and a confusing ending. I think that CM will go for the GTs, Rey counters and pushes him into the ropes, gets the 619, but screws up the Droppin the Dime, but somehow getting Punk into a inside cradle or something.

noumenon

Ugh...I'm so sick of Rey and his rollups and cradles...he looks like he belongs in a damn cradle..lol.......the only non midget to ever hit the middle ropes...
If he beats Punk with a rollup I'll seriously shit in an envelope and mail it to WWE. And they'll reply...."Oh look Snitsky's paycheck arrived early this week."
I'm sorry... anyway. These guys have what it takes to make this a great match. I just feel that this tournament has been getting a lot of exposure, but the actual title hasn't. I know Regal has been sick and all but perhaps an actual walk down to the ring with the title on RAW would have been warranted...something besides sitting on the couch and watching the match on TV.

Nancy Di Loreto

Reaction score
Ugh...I'm so sick of Rey and his rollups and cradles...he looks like he belongs in a damn cradle..lol.......the only non midget to ever hit the middle ropes...
If he beats Punk with a rollup I'll seriously shit in an envelope and mail it to WWE. And they'll reply...."Oh look Snitsky's paycheck arrived early this week."
I'm sorry... anyway. These guys have what it takes to make this a great match. I just feel that this tournament has been getting a lot of exposure, but the actual title hasn't. I know Regal has been sick and all but perhaps an actual walk down to the ring with the title on RAW would have been warranted...something besides sitting on the couch and watching the match on TV.

Regal should at least wrestle. And even though he's been giving all the men in the tourney respect, he should just go out and squash a jobber and even break out the Regal-Plex, and say that's what he's gonna do to the No. 1 Contender.

I really don't care, I just wanna see the IC Title actually be given some time, as oppose to the tourney. :clap_1:

seX-Power

After Armageddon, instead of having the winner of the tourny to face Regal the next week, Id like a month of build up to enhance the feud, and then let the championship match happen at the Rumble.

TrayBlaylock

Reaction score
This match has many strong points but Punk will have to carry broken down Mysterio. Punk has the ability to make anyone look good though so it should be a good contest.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I also would av preferred Punk/Morrison. But hey it didn't happen. IMO it has the ability to be a good to great match. But i some how don't think it will end up being that good. I think punk will carry 70% of the match. I hope we do get a cracking match out of them, But i don't think we will

Airfixx

Bit dissapointed, mainly because I thought the idea was to have Regal's first title defense @ Armageddon... It would have 'rubberstamped' the push they're giving the IC-belt nicely. Plus it will seem rather odd if the #1 contenders match makes it to PPV only for them to have the title match on Raw (Unless they make it the ME one week which, although I think it would be cool, I doubt they'll do it)?

I also agree with the above comments that they should have had Regal make some appearances during the tourney... I'd have liked him to have joined the commentary team during the matches as if he's trying to suss out the competition. The guy's good the in the mic and I think this would have worked well.

....Oh, and dare I mention the good ol' 'no compete' clause for champs.

As for Rey v Punk.... Could be a good match, but I thik it'll probably open the show and only get like 10 mins max.

C4

In the CM Punk vs. John Morrison match on the Slammys, the high-flying skills of Punk and Morrison were put into play. Now that makes me want to see more of the "high flying" action involving Punk, and this match is going to be exactly that; we're going to see two amazing competitors wrestle and show off their high-flying skills.

It's gonna be awesome!
:thumbsup:

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
After Armageddon, instead of having the winner of the tourny to face Regal the next week, Id like a month of build up to enhance the feud, and then let the championship match happen at the Rumble.

I think this what will happen as well. A lot of you seem to think that the IC title match will be a waste, but does anyone realize that they have slightly been building the feud between Punk and Regal. Remember Punk vs. Orton, Regal interfered allowing Orton to win. This won't be a one match thing. I'm willing to bet there will be a couple matches with the better one being held at Royal Rumble.