CM Punk Signs with UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Throughout the UFC 181 preliminary card, the UFC teased a huge announcement during the pay-per-view portion of the show.
CM Punk joined Joe Rogan during the broadcast and announced that he had signed a contract with UFC.

"I have a limited window like all fighters do, and I'm here for a fight," Punk said. "This is my new career, 100%," Punk told Rogan in the interview. He mentioned that he'd signed a multi-fight deal.

"I have respect for everyone who fights in the UFC, and by the time I'm done, they'll respect me," Punk said. He said that he'll likely be competing at middleweight or welterweight, but light heavyweight is completely out of the question.

Punk recently spoke out on his exit from WWE and noted that the company wanted him to sign a no-compete clause which included the UFC.

UFC President Dana White said this week that he hoped to talk to CM Punk. White said that if Punk were to join the UFC, he'd face someone with a record comparable to his, which is 0-0.

Punk was also seen training today with Rener Gracie, Roy Nelson and "King" Mo Lawal.

Source

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
It's gonna be a much different story without predetermined outcomes buddy. I'll watch just to enjoy the inevitable ass whipping he'll receive.

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm 99.9% sure he'll be scared back to the WWE in 2 fights in.

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Holy Sh*t

C.M. Punk in UFC cool (note to punk "take brook and Paul back with ya")

• Haha
Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Won't he make in one fight what he would in wwe in like 5 years. Hate to say it but he's fucking smart

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
It was guarenteed he'll try to do something else but I totally knew he wasnt done with actio0n yet,, personally, he should fight Jason David Frank as his first fight but we'll see how he does.

Z.T.O

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
vimeo.com
Won't he make in one fight what he would in wwe in like 5 years. Hate to say it but he's fucking smart
Punk is trained in numerous different fighting techniques. He's no pussy.

I'm glad to see he's following his dream, Hopefully he does well though.

"And WWE can't even be considered a martial art... Awkward!" Haha
JhLhvlF.jpg

GsC0pkQ.jpg

Ewicze0.jpg

t9KuyMk.jpg

Wj3O1xI.jpg

MoZzkkx.jpg

J5VMnFN.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Damn, I was just about to post this thread. Ya beat me to it, Kev!

Anyways... I don't think there's much of a chance of him being successful in the UFC. Just because Brock made it big time doesn't mean every other pro-wrestler could. But we'll see...

I wouldn't be surprised if he went back to the WWE after he gets an ass whooping of a lifetime.
But oh well... If this is what he really wants, then alright, I wish him all the best in his new career.

Last edited: