Ciampa Addresses Possible DIY Reunion With Triple H Leading WWE Creative

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

One of the most memorable teams of WWE’s 2010s, especially in “NXT,” was the team known as DIY which featured Johnny Gargano and Ciampa, fka Tommaso Ciampa. The duo won the “NXT” Tag Team Championships before splitting up and beginning an epic feud that would shape the black-and-gold brand right up until it was reimagined as “NXT 2.0.” Ciampa is now on the main roster, and Paul Levesque, fka Triple H, the founder and longtime godfather of “NXT,” is the new head of main roster creative. Gargano, on the other hand, declined to re-up with WWE in 2021 and his currently a free agent after celebrating the birth of his son, though all eyes are currently turned to this weekend’s Starrcast V event in Nashville, where Gargano will presumably reveal what his future holds.

“The door was always open,” Ciampa said in an exclusive interview with Wrestling Inc.’s Senior News Editor Nick Hausman. “Johnny left so he could go be a dad … For Johnny, it was like, ‘Oh, I have baby Quill, and I have to [wrestle] full-time or I take a break,’ and he just took a break. So I don’t know, I think the chances of him returning were always really good … Maybe they’re better now, but regardless, I think he’s definitely going to come back to wrestling.

“He’s in shape, he still loves it. I’m sure he’s still probably one of the best in the world right now. So for him, it’s just a matter of time.”

Despite their lengthy feud, Gargano and Ciampa would team together once more in Gargano’s last match to date for the company — and in wrestling overall — as they teamed up alongside Pete Dunne and LA Knight to represent Team Black and Gold in WarGames, taking on Team 2.0, which consisted of Bron Breakker, Carmelo Hayes, Tony D’Angelo, and Grayson Waller. The match was won by Team 2.0, and the following Wednesday, Gargano delivered a promo to the “NXT” audience. Afterward, he was attacked by Grayson Waller, writing him off TV. He hasn’t been seen in wrestling since, with the sole exception of a video package appearance celebrating Alex Shelley on “Impact on AXS TV” this week.

Ciampa, meanwhile, has been seen on recent episodes of “WWE Raw” serving as a guardian angel for The Miz, who is facing Logan Paul at WWE SummerSlam the day before Gargano’s Starrcast panel.​

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Gargano coming back? :andreno

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Do it Hunter. You need the help in that division

Reactions: Daddy Dom

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

If I ever get to hear this song again on WWE TV I’ll be a happy camper. I do hope that Gargano does come back.

CakeWalker

Fancy a slice?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
TigerMask1
Favorite Wrestler
AZs1Z5p
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Sports Team
2fIlV8l
Favorite Sports Team
Stewart52
Favorite Sports Team
Brad6
Favorite Sports Team
OH6F0Jl
honestly - this alone would make me consider watchign the product again.