Chris Jericho doesn't want to be AEW's only Star - Article inside

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Link: Chris Jericho doesn't want to be AEW's only Star

“I created 90% of that, and that’s why it reeked so much of Jericho,” said Jericho. “There wasn’t a lot of actual writing. The actual script was mostly bullet points. The script was, ‘Marching band starts playing; Soul Train Jones introduces Jericho; Jericho comes to the ring and cuts a short promo, then gives out coupons; Jericho has a toast of the bubbly with Soul Train like gentlemen; Jericho calls down Inner Circle, who give gifts to Jericho.’

“I know a lot of people have already said, ‘This is happening too quickly.’ Everybody needs to sit back, relax, and watch the story unfold. Trust me, we are not rushing anything. I wouldn’t allow it.”

Jericho also said that he already knows what he's going to be doing in AEW through the end of February. That kind of long-term planning was something that was missing from Jericho's tenure in WWE.

This is great news and I'm glad Jericho seems to be at the helm of at least his own story-line. But he's providing such a great mind to a small company that needs it. He is right though... only 9 weeks of TV and I already have a ton of favorites.

MJF, Sky, Darby, Janela, Cody, Lucha Bros, Luchasauras, Jungleboy, Dark Order, ect...

Actual stars are obvious like MJF, Cody, Lucha Bros, ect.. bottom line is... AEW isn't perfect and they don't have to be. But at least it seems they're trying to learn. Jericho legit critiques AEW in this same interview and that is a breath of fresh air. They're going to learn from their mistakes and 9 months from now I bet the show starts being incredibly smooth and by then we'll get some amazing storylines :mark: :mark: :mark:

Reactions: Vegeta

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Jericho has always been about building people up and AEW needs to do that as well. It is going to take time to make stars and hopefully they keep doing it. Darby and MJF especially already come off as stars to me.

AverageJoe9

Listen to me, when the time comes you run and don't look back
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
calgaryflames
AEW has the pieces and they are doing a great job of building stars, MJF in particular is going to be printing dollars for AEW and wherver else he goes for a long time.

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
AEW has the pieces and they are doing a great job of building stars, MJF in particular is going to be printing dollars for AEW and wherver else he goes for a long time.

If he can improve in the ring just a bit, you know, "workrate" wise. He is literally going to be printable money. His character is excellent, his selling is unmatched right now so when he's a face (if he can pull it off) he can make heels look incredibly powerful and give himself some sympathy. His in-ring charisma is off the charts.

He's an old school wrestler, which is fantastic, I do want to see him adapt a little bit to the faster style that modern wrestling is now popular for.

Reactions: AverageJoe9

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jericho is focusing on Jericho....if he really wanted to help, he'd write for the other guys doing hokey shit and adding some common sense to their feuds.

Because as of right now, he is the only highlight of this company....because I've only seen TWO promos from MJF.....not everyone watches the YouTube show either....some people don't like that platform.

Reactions: Sir Linko