Chris Benoit movie to be made

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

03mnm

Reaction score
Dude get the ponit noone want to join your site. Just stop advertising and start talking about wrestling.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- SRG Films has signed an agreement with Richard O'Sullivan to do a movie on the life and death of Chris Benoit. Half of the movie's $7 million budget is said to have been raised. If the other half can be raised, the movie would be produced in 2011.
Figured this would come at some point and it kind of interest me.

SAL

Reaction score
They didn't exactly strike while the iron was hot, did they? I don't see how this will make money.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah they waited too long tbh as the attention on his death has totally died down. Doing it in 2008 would have worked. Movie prob wouldn't come out till either late 2011 or 2012 so pretty late. I'd still watch it though.

Kizza

Reaction score
I personally believe this is the right time. There will be much less public backlash now then if they had done it only a year or so after his death. I'll watch this, but hopefully it's not just some HE KILLED HIS FAMILY EVIL EVIL SCUM sort of movie, I don't want to see that.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Has the potential to be good if done properly, I'll keep this in mind.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think how he'll be portrayed in the movie is if they are planning to get legit info from the people who knew him or not. If they are doing this without any real knowledge of who he was then this is gonna probably make it look like "people should have saw this coming"

Humble Novice

Reaction score
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]So they’re really going to make a movie about Chris Benoit? If so, how will they deal with the fact that he just murdered his wife and child before committing suicide? Will they try to omit those parts instead or let it be used as part of the film’s climax?[/FONT]

Nexus

Reaction score
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]So they’re really going to make a movie about Chris Benoit? If so, how will they deal with the fact that he just murdered his wife and child before committing suicide? Will they try to omit those parts instead or let it be used as part of the film’s climax?[/FONT]

I think those parts will be in the movie. IT is apart of his life and yeah I see it as the climax. It makes for a good sad ending. Too bad this story is true. :(

Shortie861

Reaction score
I think it's a good thing that they chose to wait this long before considering it or giving it the green light, it will be a movie I will watch but I really do hope they make sure they get it as close to the truth as possible otherwise there maybe some backlash.

Rush

Banned
Reaction score
I hope they emphasise the brain damage part, it's a lot easier to look at Benoit that way rather than a conscious murderer.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
I think they should make a fictional movie (like with a wrestler but not call him Chris Benoit) and make it a legit movie, based off of "a true story" (which would be Benoit).

Kairi

Reaction score
i am interested to see how this turns out, will be interesting to see what they focus on