Charlotte Flair: A Detriment To Me Is I'm Consistent, But I Lose More Than Any Female

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Charlotte Flair is often criticized for being a ten-time Women's/Divas Champion and for almost always being at the top of the card in the women's division. But her overall record might not be what you expect.

According to cagematch, Charlotte had a record of 35-100-4 in 2019, though much of that losing was at live events. She went 19-20-1 in matches on television and pay-per-view.

"If you look at my stats, I have THE HIGHEST losing record out of anyone on the roster. It's just, 'Oh, it's Charlotte Flair,'" Charlotte told Gary Cassidy of Sportskeeda in an "exclusive promo."

She continued, "I think a detriment to me, which is also a positive, is I am consistent. I am consistent, I am never hurt, I am always here. It's almost like, 'Yes, that is awesome,' but at the same time, it's like, I've never had the opportunity for the fans to miss me, but that's what people forget. It's like, yes, I won a match this week - Oh, my God, I won a match - but they're like... "Oh, she wins all the time." But that's not been the case. Actually I've, like you said, lost more matches than probably any female booked currently. It's crazy. I think it's the stigma of the name and always being in the title picture - but I'm consistent and a workaholic. It's a good thing and a bad thing, you know?"

Charlotte is currently 2-2 in 2020, but 1-0 on television. 2019 was the only year she's had a losing record on television since debuting in 2013.

Charlotte was the first female to enter the 2020 Women's Royal Rumble. You can find the full list of current entrants by clicking here.
Source: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/...l Wrestling News&utm_campaign=dlvr.it.organic

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:swaggyp

Loses more than anyone?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
:swaggyp

Loses more than anyone?

I doubt her win-loss percentage is the worst but yeah, I think there's a good chance she has the most cumulative losses in the women's division based on that Cagematch stat.

Not that it really makes a difference between wins and losses don't really mean much. It's all about how you get pushed and she is undeniably the hardest pushed woman over the course of the last five years.

Seems like a non-story though tbh.

I do think the point about her never being gone and giving the fans a chance to miss her is valid. I believe some people would be happy to have her MIA, but I think if she left for 6 months-a year, she would be huge when she returned.

Reactions: Chris

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
She's an interesting case because I genuinely don't know what you do with her. It just feels like she's stuck in a position where no matter what they do with her now, that stigma of her being 'shoehorn charlotte' is just going to keep following her around.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Stigma stems from being overused as a top star....it happens to anyone on top.

Still one of the best female talents on the planet (deal with it Joshi Stans) and will eventually stop spinning her tires and be used to her full potential again.

Reactions: Hoss

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
This is what can happen when you have a million (so to speak) world title reigns within the first half of your career.

It makes it so later on in your career (like right now), if that talent isn't Champion, it makes it seem like that particular wrestler is out of things to achieve or do. And here we are.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Stigma stems from being overused as a top star....it happens to anyone on top.

Still one of the best female talents on the planet (deal with it Joshi Stans) and will eventually stop spinning her tires and be used to her full potential again.

I mean I don't get why you brought up the Joshi Community into this, no one as ever said in that Community I'm apart of that she isn't one of the best in the World today, but I can't lie here and say I can't name a dozen of talent who I feel are just as good or better in Japan. To me this is a non-story I rather talk about this

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
See?.......deal with it.

Charlotteever went to Japan she'd be maineventing the Tokyo dome.

sportsnews

Reaction score
Website
sportsinfonow.com
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Charlotte is been most consistent performer in WWE Women division. She is now 10 times women champion and this record says it all.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Before I read this yesterday and just heard about it I laughed. Me and my pals figured maybe it’s house show lost that really did it cause I knew I seen her win A LOT. Lol. She’s acting as if house shows matter(unless it’s mentioned on tv). You got 20 damn loses last year that actually matters. Acting like she’s out here always damn losing lol.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Before I read this yesterday and just heard about it I laughed. Me and my pals figured maybe it’s house show lost that really did it cause I knew I seen her win A LOT. Lol. She’s acting as if house shows matter(unless it’s mentioned on tv). You got 20 damn loses last year that actually matters. Acting like she’s out here always damn losing lol.
what top star do you know that loses 20 times on TV a year?

Ace

Reaction score
Curious to know how many of those losses were to people other than Lynch and Rousey.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If we’re talking strictly 2019, she didn’t lose to Rousey. She probably lost to Lynch 3 times.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Putting Asuka over on all the house shows.....and y'all can't see it :TI:

Reactions: Cwalker

Stellar

Cowgirl Barbie
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
SdPLF
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
nikkibella
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
yUZITLS
Well yeah, it did seem like Charlotte spent most of the year of 2019 putting over Bayley at house shows and on TV. I know that house shows don't count because we never see them, but shes still going to these events and losing.

Ember did beat Charlotte. Asuka pinned her on RAW 2 months ago when Asuka and Kairi were beating her in some variation of a match 4 times in a row. Charlotte took more of that green mist than any other woman. If Triple threat matches count, Ripley technically pinned her. The rest were Becky and Bayley.

Last year wasn't a good year for the women that aren't the 4 horsewomen (outside of The IIconics and BlissCross reigns) because most have been hurt at one time or still is. The only other woman that deserved a chance of getting put over by Charlotte is Sonya. I can't argue against Sonya.

The one thing that I will say is that Charlotte shouldn't have been in that Rousey/Becky Mania match. Thrusting another short Championship reign on Charlotte just to thrust her in to that WM Main Event was bad but that was all Vince. It put Charlotte in a bad spot with the fans because the fans clearly wanted Becky and Rousey to fight it out. It was a long time coming after Becky had to sit out of Survivor Series 2018.

Vince clearly loves Charlotte and comes up with stupid logic with the use of her. Thats the problem. I feel like anger to Charlotte is directed at the wrong person. Vince randomly appearing on RAW to replace Becky with Charlotte for the Mania match pretty much says it all.

The "Charlotte always wins" thing is assumptions because shes pushed on either show a lot. Thats all.

Last edited: