Cena Wants to Re-Design the WWE Title

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
During a recent interview conducted for Mix106.1 in Philadelphia, WWE star John Cena discussed several topics, including who he'd most like to wrestle right now other than The Rock, who he feels are the brightest young talents in WWE right now, and more. When the topic of the WWE Spinner Belt came up, Cena noted that it's the most purchased belt in WWE history, but also said the following:

“Being the guy who truly invented it, it needs to change. It has been the way it’s been for years now. It’s had it’s run. It doesn’t even spin anymore. It’s heavy. It’s awkward. It really is. An average championship belt weighs about 12 pounds. The current WWE spinning championship weighs 27 pounds. So we need a rehash. I’m proactively trying to do that, but I’ve only got so much stroke, guys. I can’t do everything.”

Cena mentions that other than The Rock, he'd most like to face Stone Cold Steve Austin, and believes Austin has one match left in him, and although CM Punk wants that match, he'd like to "throw his name into the hat." You can check out the entire interview below:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npyj0HzICuE[/yt]

Source

Probably because the little kids can't carry it when they wants to wear/hold it.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Posted this interview earlier, but if this is strictly about him wanting the title to change the way it looks then it can stay open :).

He says it all the time in many interviews, people seem to think just because he's one massive star he can do/say/suggest/add whatever he wants, that's not the case (though he probably does get special treatment). He's right though, I can't imagine carrying 27lbs around with me all day which the champion has to do most of the time, not to mention the fact it's ugly and was made for a gimmick Cena had years ago.

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
THE 1998-2002 Belt! WAS WAY FUCKIN BETTER! And the spinner is ownly buy that much is b/c of the Kids!

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
It does need a redesign so badly it's a hideous looking belt in this day and age they should change it after WM new start and all.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Interesting that it's the most sold merchandise ever or something he said. The most bought toy too. It must be doing something wrong - at least we know now why WWE are so hesitant to remove it.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Anxiety said:
Interesting that it's the most sold merchandise ever or something he said. The most bought toy too. It must be doing something wrong - at least we know now why WWE are so hesitant to remove it.

Seriously who would buy that belt??????

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wade Barrett said:
Kids and collectors.

Even as a kid I wouldn't want that belt! Much rather have a decent tee anyday!

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
WWE can still sell all the shitty replica spinners they want. No reason to continue to punish the fans and workers who are all begging for the hideous piece of shit to be changed

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wade Barrett said:
Alot of them have the mentality of they'd rather have everything it seems.

True!

And in regards to Dolph's post in this modern world it's all bout money unfortunately as much as many of us on this forum hate that as it means continued garbage like that belt!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It's always been about money tbh, that's why Hogan stayed on top even when the fans turned on him in the early 90's. I can't blame Vince for sticking with the formula which is putting money in his pocket.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Wade Barrett said:
It's always been about money tbh, that's why Hogan stayed on top even when the fans turned on him in the early 90's.

Yeah it's just even worse nowadays.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Cloud said:
True!

And in regards to Dolph's post in this modern world it's all bout money unfortunately as much as many of us on this forum hate that as it means continued garbage like that belt!

Like I said nothing is stopping them from selling replicas of the spinner belt if it's such a hot seller. And while having a new belt would probably hurt those sales, it would be made up for with the sales of the new belt.

The replica sales argument doesn't hold much water with me

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I agree Dolph, all they need to do is have Punk / Cena introduce the belt and it'll sell stupid amounts. It's just another example of why Vince's monopoly is a negative with professional wrestling's popularity.

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler