Cena blasts The Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Wrestlezone said:
Former WWE champion John Cena recently lashed out at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in a recent interview with The Sun in the United Kingdom. Cena was quoted as saying the following:

"He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being. What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

You can listen to the interview here:

http://del.interoute.com/?id=950d6949-47cd-4728-9ce6-1bb767085d66&delivery=download

Thoughts?

Vandy316

Reaction score
i still see cena being the next rock in a few years but never coming back for anything

MC Rae

Reaction score
I don't agree with much Cena says, but I agree with what he's saying here.

LKP

In a way i agree with cena. But on the other hand its never to late for the rock to change his mind on coming back even for a one of or a short rebirth of the rock. Cena is filming himself and is still with the wwe. We will see what he's doing in 5 years. Films or wwe.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
What does Cena want The Rock to do exactly? Wrestle? Have more cameos?

because this seems like a really silly thing to say especially since Rock is inducting his grandfather and his father in the hall of fame this year.

Yes, wrestling fans made Dwayne Johnson the phenomenal star he is today but his wrestling career has been over for a long time now and he paid his dues. If he didn't care about the fans he wouldn't of came back as Hollywood Rock and cut the best promo ever in Toronto. If he didn't care he wouldn't praise the buisness every time he's asked about it in interviews. If he didn't care about the fans he wouldn't go on the promotional tours he does for every movie and still do the peoples eyebrow every time it gets requested. But the fact is that he does care, he loves wrestling he's said it himself but he's moved on. He wants to be a top list celebrity and you can't do that with ties to wrestling. Most of North America thinks wrestling's a joke so why would he strengthen his ties with a buisness no one respects and do some silly angles when he's already climbed over that hill and solidified himself as a legit top-caliber actor? Why would he want to come back to wrestling and have all the respect he busted his ass for be tarnished by a angle with Shawn Michaels or whoever? You can't tell me there's any way Rocks career can get benefited by doing more in the WWE, but it's not hard to argue that it could have a negative effect if he does come back for more angles in the WWE.

If anything, this is the jealous side of Cena that's came out. Because no matter what Cena will never be the peoples champion and come close to having the magnitude of respect that the people have for the Rock. And Cena knows damn sure that if people loved him as much as they loved Rocky he would bend over backwards and let a classroom of kids shove rulers up his ass while he singing some tshirts whereas Rock doesn't and this is Cena's way of calling him out.

chessarmy

Cena is an idiot, The Rock did all he could do in the WWF and the WWE. He was the top star for a long time, every person has his or her limit and The Rock reached it. He didnt want to wrestle anymore, so what? That doesnt mean he hates the fans! If Rock wants to become an actor then let him, its not his fault that he has moved on from wrestling. Who knows, maybe the road schedule was bothering him, and his body couldnt take it anymore

Nation

Cena can just shut the fuck up. The Rock happens to be intelligent and he doesn't plan on wrestling twenty years past his prime. Cough*Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan*Cough. Plus it could hurt his hollywood career and right now The Rock is getting bigger and bigger in hollywood. Not to mention he does do cameos once in a while and he's inducting his father and grandfather. Damn Cena is an idiot.

Conc3pt

Reaction score
I'm guessing Cena wants The Rock to be a little more like Stone Cold; making appearance every now and then. I gotta disagree with him though, The Rock made himself and does not owe anything to the business (although it would be nice to see him in the ring again).

I don't know if it can be considered "blasting" seeing as Cena still praises The Rock for some things.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I agree with what the Rock is doing, I think rock reached and achieved what he wanted to do in wrestling and has grown and moved on and is a very happy and successful in his acting career and its a good life not as hard as the daily bumps,falls and injuries he would take in wrestling not to mention the daily schedule and on road life wrestlers have do deal with. So yeah he is taking the sensible option IMO, As for ppl complaining he could do more promos or appearances why for the sake of cutting one it would make no sense unless he was coming back to wrestle, or like Now when there is actually something to cut a promo for, For example Inducting his dad and grandad in to Hall of Fame perfect opportunity to cut the odd promo which he may do. Pers i think it Cena should wait and see how is acting career pans out and if he become a hollywood hit and has to make the same choices acting full time or wrestling and see if he is still chooses getting banged about in a ring 24/7 or easier life acting

The Rated R CMStar

Still, what Cena is asking is to give something back to the business. A cameo, an interview. Like for example, would it have hurt The Rock to come back, Rock Bottom Vince at the Raw XV Anniversary and then leave.

And, he does the People's Eyebrow wherever he goes because that's what made him famous, not because he loves wrestling.

CenaMark54

Cena better be careful or the Rock will come back and bury him......

Markz

Reaction score
I may dislike Cena but I do agree to an extent. Yes, The Rock has seemingly ditched his fans and found an addiction to acting. John Cena and The Rock though, professionaly are not too different, their in-ring capability leaves a lot to be desired, on the mic, they are great with The Rock having the edge.

Back to the point. The Rock should have appeared at the 15th anniversary show, or even Wrestle-freaking-Mania...

CenaMark54

This is stupid though. He makes more money and is able to spend more time with his family. I don't see any drawbacks.

The Rock is just like any other person. He took the promotion. Lets just say a guy who works the nights and weekends at McDonalds gets offered a day shift at Arby's for more money and weekends off. I don't think anyone would bash him for not considering the feelings of the Mcdonalds customers.

Deep down, this worker might still like McDonalds better. But he can't go in to eat out of fear that it could effect his standing within his current company if someone finds out. Instead, he chooses to enjoy the golden arches from afar.

You can still love the business and not be directly involved in it.

Soulpower

Cena: Rocky sucks because he won't come back to job to me.

Just imagine all the poopy jokes if these two guys were to feud >_>

And is anyone else going to laugh about this when Cena does the same exact thing in 5 or 6 years?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Not to mention I'm sure he's going to appreciate the ability to live without pain in his twilight years.