Carlito, Good or Bad in ECW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Truth

Reaction score
I think he may be drafted to ECW in the draft next week and it all fits perfectly to me. If he supposedly isnt putting in enough effort, send him to a one hour program on Sci Fi. His vibe that he sends off to me makes me feel he is fit for ECW, his look mostly. We could see Carlito get hardcore once in a while, its a new change for him, he could show how well of a main eventer he is as well, as ECW should be the show for young guys showcasing there skills, like Lashley did. Bring in Finlay and Kane and Orton over to ECW in the draft, keep the originals on ECW, if Ortons not taking them out have Carlito fued with Finlay (get his in ring skills better even more), Kane (improving all round, has a legend to motivate him to put in effort, like Flair has done for him), Dreamer (getting hardcore, every main eventer needs to be good at street fights I beleive). He is way better off here then as a midcarder on Raw or SD, maybe even bring Burchill over.

This is how I think ECW should look after the draft (just the high carders)

Orton(heel), Carlito(heel), Finlay(face), Kane,(face) Dreamer(face), Sandman(face), Burke(heel), Holly(face), Burchill (heel)

Kaedon

Reaction score
Im pretty sure I picked him to go to ECW as well, and I think its a good idea. They are sorely in need of some name power and in 2007 Carlito would be a really well known name.

Antony_nz

Reaction score
I think he may be drafted to ECW in the draft next week and it all fits perfectly to me. If he supposedly isnt putting in enough effort, send him to a one hour program on Sci Fi. His vibe that he sends off to me makes me feel he is fit for ECW, his look mostly. We could see Carlito get hardcore once in a while, its a new change for him, he could show how well of a main eventer he is as well, as ECW should be the show for young guys showcasing there skills, like Lashley did. Bring in Finlay and Kane and Orton over to ECW in the draft, keep the originals on ECW, if Ortons not taking them out have Carlito fued with Finlay (get his in ring skills better even more), Kane (improving all round, has a legend to motivate him to put in effort, like Flair has done for him), Dreamer (getting hardcore, every main eventer needs to be good at street fights I beleive). He is way better off here then as a midcarder on Raw or SD, maybe even bring Burchill over.

This is how I think ECW should look after the draft (just the high carders)

Orton(heel), Carlito(heel), Finlay(face), Kane,(face) Dreamer(face), Sandman(face), Burke(heel), Holly(face), Burchill (heel)

I agree with every thing you have said.
Carlito will do well in ECW.

as ECW should be the show for young guys showcasing there skills
And i all so agree with this. ECW should be the place wear midcarders are maineventers. ECW was the place for old dieing stars who want to get back in the spotlight or the new and up coming.

Any one who voted CM to leave ECW is stupid. CM punk is the only new bread who shows what ECW is about.

I dont no what they were thinking puting Bobby Lashly on there.
What a joke.
I like your roster. Here is how i think it should be.

MAINEVENTERS.
Randy orton, Carlito, Kane,Dreamer, CM punk, Rob Van Dam.
Chris Benoit??? Taz wrestling.

UPERMIDCARD

Mat Hardy
Sabu.
Sandman
Burke
Shane Mcman
Little Guido Maritato

MIDCARDER.
Holly,
Burchill

And all the rest.

Shane Mcman is a good wrestler and can use weapons well.
Look at Kurt Angle Vs Shane street fight to name a few.

Mat Hardy is doing fuck all in smackdown. Same with jeff hardy.
ECW was about weapons and high flyers.

I didnt like your Kane idea then i thought about it and i love it.
Kanes doing fuck all now and i would like to see him main eventing ECW.

Chris Benoit is a hard one. What do you think? I rekon with these wrestlers rating will go up.
They need to make the stage a bit smaller and and use way more weapons.

Soulpower

He should go to ECW. Carlito is basically being wasted on RAW, he's already been pn SD before, so it would make sense to send him to ECW. Like Keadon said, ECW is hurting for big names and Carlito could help fill that void.

wwe_fanatic

Reaction score
Well he just gave Torrie a backcracker on RAW so he has the makings of a heel that could spin off that.

CenaMark54

Carlito bores me to death right now and he hasn't gotten any better in the ring. When's the last time he put on a good match?

Anyway, a move to ECW might do him good. Maybe it will light a fire under his ass.

Soulpower

^^^ When's the last time he wrestled someone that wasn't Flair or Chris Masters?

CenaMark54

^^^ When's the last time he wrestled someone that wasn't Flair or Chris Masters?

Orton and Flair were able to put on a good match and Carlito has the ability to be able to carry someone like Masters.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Yeah, if he gets drafted to Ecw ,then maybe he will make a good member of the new breed

C4

Carlito as ECW Champion and as leader of the New Breed, would look real good and he has to go somewhere, he has nothing left on RAW, so yeah ECW and Carlito would be a real good idea.

3lions

Reaction score
Carlito has unbelievable potential, but he has shown me nothing to interest me in his character or in-ring ability. Granted, he has only been feuding with Flair/Masters, but he should still be able to gain my interest. Maybe a move to ECW would help him, but either way, he needs to be taken off Raw.

I would like to see Carlito bring back the 'Carlito's Cobana' - his interview segment - to whichever brand he is on. It was a big tool in getting him over initially and could be re-introduced to have the same effect again.

Potential feuds I'd like to see Carlito in are:
ECW: Punk
SD!: Benoit

Markz

Reaction score
He is in the middle of a push, one of which he needs. He is a fantastic superstar but to put him on ECW would de-crease the guy's exposure. I don't watch ECW and I know alot of people only watch Raw and Smackdown! thinking ECW would be a waste of time.

Keep him on Raw or better yet put him on SD!

Reaction score
No I think it would work for him....put him on ME status.....and then make him cross brand with someone like Benoit...that would work well for him imo.....

Truth

Reaction score
He is in the middle of a push, one of which he needs. He is a fantastic superstar but to put him on ECW would de-crease the guy's exposure. I don't watch ECW and I know alot of people only watch Raw and Smackdown! thinking ECW would be a waste of time.

Keep him on Raw or better yet put him on SD!

Keep him on Raw and let him do nothing, or move him to ECW and have him main event?
Imagine a Burke vs. Carlito fued/match it would be sick. They have similar styles it seems to me, not only in the ring but promo wise and character wise in a sense. Carlito comes in as a major heel, saying since everybody on ECW sucks, and cant beat CM Punk, he'll do it. He would be a MAJOR heel, hating on both heels and faces, beating on both heels and faces, but only fueding with faces. If the oppurtunity presents itself (tag match) he would walk out on his partners or turn on them and his opponents. With this major heel build for about 2 months he could easily be a great ECW champion. While he's being built up we would have Orton as champ fueding with Kane. Orton eventually loses it to Kane and Carlito/Kane get into a fued. This is basically the best option for Carlito, bring back Carlitos Cabana to add more heel heat on him. Pretty much he should be the biggest heel today.