BREAKING NEWS.redskins saftey Sean Taylor shot at Miami home.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
source : sohh global forums
credit : dat bama p

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. -- Washington Redskins and former University of Miami standout football player Sean Taylor was shot in his home early Monday morning, Local 10 has learned.

Local 10 is reporting that Miami-Dade police are investigating the shooting at the home at 18050 Old Cutler Road.

One person was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital around 2 a.m., according to police.

A family friend, who did not want to be identified, told Local 10's Rad Berky that Taylor was shot twice.

Miami-Dade police confirmed there was a shooting at about 1:30 a.m. at Taylor's home in Palmetto Bay, but would not confirm if Taylor was the person who had been shot.

Crime scene investigators were seen leaving with bags of evidence collected inside the home, Berky said.

The 212-pound Taylor played in his first Pro Bowl in 2006.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i heard about that. sucks to be him

circle

Reaction score
He was involved in some criminal activity at the end of his rookie year and got out scott free...sorry to hear this though b/c I think although don't quote me on this he was in a coma after surgery. Could be he can't stay out of trouble or he makes the wrong deals

vickymania

Reaction score
i dont watch american football that much..looks exciting,but i dont know any rules of the game..is this guy a good player ??

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Saw this on Sky Sports news the other night. Don't really know a lot about the guy but anybody that get's shot twice, your hart goes out to them. Here's hoping he recovers from this incident.

VM, he was one of the league's best Young "safties" but supposedly he got into a lot of trouble off the pitch.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has been pronounced dead after undergoing surgery on a gunshot wound.

The 24-year-old defenceman, who was the Redskins' first pick in the 2004 draft, reportedly received a gunshot to the groin in the early hours of Monday morning after hearing an intruder at his home.

Police declined to confirm the nature of his injuries, but he was understood to have suffered severe blood loss.

The former University of Miami college star, who has made five interceptions this season, was recovering from a leg injury when the incident occurred.

Family friend Richard Sharpstein confirmed the news: "His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me.

"It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

PeepShow

I actually feel bad for the guy. Shame to see him go. But I just have one question. Why does it seem like it's always a Miami player that is in the news like this. Another shame.....

phantomgerald

This is sad news, but this just shows what is wrong with the NFL. We had the Broncos cornerback Williams get shot last year, Taylor now, and with all the Vick shit going on, the NFL has to do something. I'm not being racist of something, but this is something that is happening to mainly the negro players, especially with some of them with bad disciplinary records and with the culture they grew up in.

I think that Goodell have to implement a rule whereby people with scholarships need to be on their perfect behavior and breaking one rule would rule them out of the NFL.

flo23

Reaction score
Sad to see another young talented man like Taylor die, although i didnt like his team, i couldnt deny the fact that he was probably the best playing his postion.

RIP Sean Taylor you will be missed.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
This is sad news, but this just shows what is wrong with the NFL. We had the Broncos cornerback Williams get shot last year, Taylor now, and with all the Vick shit going on, the NFL has to do something. I'm not being racist of something, but this is something that is happening to mainly the negro players, especially with some of them with bad disciplinary records and with the culture they grew up in.

I think that Goodell have to implement a rule whereby people with scholarships need to be on their perfect behavior and breaking one rule would rule them out of the NFL.

U ain't bein racist man u provin a point.

NYKings

Reaction score
The sad thing about both Darrent Williams and Sean Taylor is the careers they had ahead of them. Taylor's like 24? and already a Pro-Bowler whereas Williams was 23 and learning from Champ Baily...

It's sad to see anyone go but I was watching ESPN earlier and they brought up a good point. So many people in the same demographic as Taylor get shot and killed but we only hear about him because he plays a sport. Twisted world we live in.

RIP Sean Taylor

PeepShow

Well, true, but I got a better one. 3 Words:

University of Miami.

Its just a shame. One of the hardest hitters and a great player. RIP man.....