Brandy is Back

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Brandy is heading back to the big screen. The 32-year old singer/actress has confirmed news that she will be appearing in Tyler Perry’s upcoming film ‘The Marriage Counselor.’

Brandy will be joined by ‘Roc’ actress Ella Joyce, comedian Ben Stiller, ‘House of Payne’ actor Lance Gross, ‘Eve’s Bayou’ actress
Jurnee Smollett and socialite Kim Kardashian.

‘The Marriage Counselor’ will be Perry’s 13th film under the Lionsgate umbrella and his second to be filmed exclusively at his Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta, Georgia.

Editor’s Note: Tyler Perry has singlehandedly kept black Hollywood working for the last 7 years and for that I respect him. He has especially given work to black women that I feel would have remained jobless were it not for me. Having said that, I was saddened to see him cast Kardashian in a role that could have, and should have, gone to one of the many struggling black actresses we all know exist in Hollywood.

Not only that, but when it comes time for this film to be promoted, the press will focus in on Kardasian, as oppose to Jurnee and Lance, who are the film’s starring characters.

If Perry is trying to broaden his fan base, he surely has the right to do so. However, he should be careful not to alienate the base that has so far helped make him
the richest man in Hollywood.

Kairi

Reaction score
Janet Jackson Postpones Brazilian Tour Date to Concentrate on New Movie Role.

http://brownsista.com/janet-jackson-lands-new-movie-role/janet-jackson-lands-new-film-role/According to a message posted on Janet Jackson’s official Facebook page, the singer is postponing her December 9th concert in Brazil because the date conflicts with a film role the singer has reportedly signed on for.

Janet doesn’t say what the role is, but does assure her Brazilian fans that she and T4F, the concert’s promoters, will make up the date at a “mutually agreeable time” in the future.

A check of Janet’s IMDB page lists no movie role for the singer, however, I have a sneaking suspicion that she will somehow make a quick appearance in Tyler Perry’s upcoming film ‘The Marriage Counselor.’