Boardwalk Empire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anyone watch this? I have been watching since it started and think this is Steve Buscemi's best work. I love the prohibition era gangsters and lawlessness of Atlantic City. Very entertain show.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else watches this show but, Jimmy seems to be on a downward spiral to me. He's losing friends left and right. Now he has badass butcher Billy Forsythe on his ass, and even Richard's questioning how genuine Jimmy's being with him.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
I can't see Jimmy surviving past this season. Botched assassination attempts on Nucky AND Manny Horvitz? Epic fail.

Killswitch

Reaction score
I am bummed about Angela, did not see that one coming at all. She was one of my favorite characters.

Is anybody else totally bored and uninterested with Margaret's daughter having polio thing? I just can't seem to muster enough energy to give a single shit.

Reaction score
I have been watching the second season but I haven't seen the last two episodes yet. Season 2 has been pretty good so far but nothing spectacular.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
Is anybody else totally bored and uninterested with Margaret's daughter having polio thing? I just can't seem to muster enough energy to give a single shit.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I was pretty into it in the first season but it couldn't keep my interest in the beginning of this season. I may attempt it again when all of my other shows are on hiatus.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Glad to see I am not the only one who finds this to be overated. It is a classic example of style over substance. It is one of those shows which is so concerned and in love with period detail that it forgets about the story and characters. While I agree that it is an interesting point in history and there are some shocking moments, I just feel it is just too macho and basic and doesn't give the viewer that much more of an insight than they couldn't find out themselfs. Plus the women are mostly given very weak roles and Michael Pitt is bland as Jimmy, I normally like him, but not in this.

Reaction score
^
I agree. I feel that it's repetitive. There is a lot of dialogue throughout one episode and the ending usually consists of someone dying or going to prison. There isn't anything that draws me into the show anymore. As you said, the female characters are very weak. I used to think that Jimmy's mother was cool last season but she's very weird now. Why would a mother kiss her baby's private parts and kiss her adult son on the lips? It's unfortunate because she had the potential to be a great female character.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Hot, steamy incest! Van Alden on the lam! Jimmy killed his father!

For an episode that felt kind of slow with all the flashbacks, a lot of shit just went down.

Killswitch

Reaction score
What a finale. There are going to be some major changes next season. I'm going to miss all of the characters that got killed/written off :(