Between The Lines:Tough Enough Season1 Episode2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
terrytate_02-1.jpg

toughenough.jpg

With the current success of WWE NXT, it's easy to forget that this isn't the first time WWE has used a TV time to showcase and develop potential future superstars. Let me take you back to the year 2001, and reality TV is all the rage. And WWE are nothing but willing to jog right behind the bandwagon, and with that came Tough Enough. With MTV, WWE would show 12(?) normal folk train and compete against one another to win one of two (?) WWE wrestling contracts. Now, TE does';t exactly have the legacy that NXT has already developed, and god knows what's happened to half these people, but let's reminise and go back in time to the second episode of season one (because the first episode is just the auditioning process, and that's no where near as fun)

Here's the show below if anyone wants to watch themselves. Not gonna lie, sorta tempted to find a copy of the DVD.

[video=youtube;OYqLpPLt5zw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYqLpPLt5zw[/video]​

• First guy I see is Chris Nowinski. Fitting as he's the most notable Tough Enough alumni
  • Do not remember half of these in the slightest
  • Oh man, this is so Real World
  • Chris is immediately better than everyone. Duh
  • Maven!
  • Darryl is real ill guys
  • I can't remember who the hard ass trainer is in this series
  • Big John! His 30 minutes of fame begins!
  • Victoria is semi hot
  • Trainers are Al Snow, Tori (I know, right?), and Jacqueline. Wow, that is underwhelming
  • Imagine signing up for this and getting trained by the Job Squad?
  • Jackie is the hard ass. Brilliant
  • Real superstars do jumping jacks
  • Watching a bunch of folks learning to fall on their back is pretty funny

• WWF headquarters! With fitness centre!
  • Eat your heart out Performance Centre. This place has treadmills and everything
  • I'm really struggling to separate these losers from one another so far
  • Darryl is still real ill guys
  • Hahahaha, holy shit I forgot Josh Matthews was in this!
  • Oh look, Nidia too
  • Hey that's interesting. Chris tries to show Josh how he was taught to do a headlock, and Tori has a go at him for not doing it “the WWF wayâ€￾. Notable
  • “Please do not land on meâ€￾ Famous last words Al
  • Maven somehow is training next to Stephanie McMahon. Ohhhhh, THAT's how he won this show :shifty:
  • Awww, Steph is so innocent and nice back then

• First episode is basically learning the many ways of falling on your ass
  • This show needs more Josh Matthews
  • Lots of ibruprofen being passed out this show. Wonder if that would be edited out today?
  • IT'S TAZZ
    it-s-taz-o.gif
  • TAZZ WAKE UP CALL. HIS MUSIC IS THE SOUNDTRACK
  • Shout out to Tazz's XFL jacket

• We're now wrestling in pigs muck on their knees. Officiated by Tazz of course
  • I wish I had Tazz as a coach
  • Tackle onto the traffic cone!
  • I seem to be watching the DVD version with exclusive footage. None of that footage is interesting though
  • Remember when Tazz used to be a badass?
  • This Jason chap is being featured a lot. What happened to him?
  • Todays lesson: exercise hurts stop it
  • Executive producer, Ken Mok. Hey the same producer from America's Next Top Model!
  • *Ahem*, I mean, who?
  • I wonder if Darryl is feeling better?