Benoit Film Potentially in the Works

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Rate the PPV-Day 2-

pwinsider said:
Lost Colony Entertainment announced today that they had purchased the telelvision and film rights to adapt the Irv Muchnick book "Chris & Nancy" on the Benoit family tragedy. This basically means that they will have the rights to develop and sell the property or raise the funds to produce the film on their own.

I am unsure how they would be able to delvelop this film accurately since WWE wouldn't help them at all. There could be no mention of WWE or any other wrestlers so it would be very difficult to do. Who could play Benoit anyway? I can't think of anyone that even looks similar to him.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Firstly I think a documentary could tackle this subject much better. Second even if it could be made into a film, I think it might be a little in poor taste, and besides Its only been a little over three years since the tredgy, which for me is still a little soon. I guess if they did something about this subject in genral, and maybe just mentioned the Benoit case as the prime example, I would be a little more easy with it.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A documentary would be a much better way to cover this but again it would be difficult to get clearance. It is quite soon to cover this but for these people they are most likely in it for profit rather than making a statement. I haven't read the book so I am unsure what the plot is but if it focused more on the condition rather than the dramatic ending it would be better.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I would defantly like to read the book, I am guessing it is by someone who knew the Benoits personally. Trouble is at the moment the details are so skeetching, maybe it will be a film covering his life and career, in which case it might be a nice tribute to a guy who was very overlooked and gave so much to Wrestling. Only time will tell.