Ben Affleck named Justice League Executive producer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros has made a subtle addition to the Justice Leaguebraintrust. Ben Affleck, already set to co-star in the film, has signed on to become its executive producer as well. In that role, he will work with directorZack Snyder and screenwriter Chris Terrio behind the scenes to make the film the best it can be. It seems like a smart move, given that Affleck is already on the premises to reprise his Batman/Bruce Wayne character, and because he’s as strong a storytelling presence as Warner Bros has on its lot. He showed that with his writing-directing efforts Gone Baby Gone, The Town and Argo, the latter of which won the Best Picture Oscar for Warner Bros and was scripted by Terrio, who also won an Academy Award for the film.

Related
Ben Affleck Re-Confirms Batman Stand-Alone Movie; Will Smith & 'Suicide Squad' Storm Warner...

I’m told that Affleck is doing this to be supportive of Snyder, with whom he worked well on Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, which grossed $864 million worldwide despite not being beloved by the critics. Warner Bros is still figuring out its stylistic superhero mojo, and Affleck will help. Justice League is slotted for a November 17, 2017 release, and Affleck’s Batman is expected to be paired alongside Henry Cavill’s Superman, Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, and likely Jason Momoa’s Aquaman.

batman-v-superman-faceoff.jpg
Affleck, who followed his Batman turn by directing and starring in his scripted adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novelLive By Night for an October 20, 2017 release by Warner Bros, is building toward a relaunch of the Batman franchise as a stand-alone. As Deadlinerevealed last Comic-Con, he has teamed with DC’s Geoff Johns to write the movie he’ll star in and direct.

I like this news. I would really like it if they brought Kevin Smith on as well.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Affleck can make good movies, first thing he should do is kick Zack Snyder to the curb.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Affleck can make good movies, first thing he should do is kick Zack Snyder to the curb.
Just imagine what BvS could have been like with Affleck directing instead of Hack Snyder.

Reactions: Deezy

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I don't know why BvS is getting all the hate. I mean, it wasn't a perfect movie by any stretch, but it was still a damn good time to watch. Can't wait for the director's cut on blu ray in July.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
BVS was a just a mess, trying to be 3 movies instead of one.

My main problem was it looked like Zack Snyder hates Superman.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
My main problem was " our moms have the same name oh cool lets be besties".

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

Reactions: Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bruce Wayne was Donald Trump, hating on illegal aliens and shit.

Reactions: Fuji Vice

Sabretooth

Reaction score
BvS wasn't bad but just didn't meet expectations. Affleck's turns at directing/producing have all ended well so this is good. Tbh, Affleck should direct while Snyder produces.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Nah, Affleck should direct and produce while Snyder eats a bowl of dicks.

Many Bothans died to bring you this Tapatalk message.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Watch your mouth, Fuji-San!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Snyder can takes his lens filter and make low budget flicks from now on.._..3 kicks at the comic book can and most were disappointing

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
BVS was a just a mess, trying to be 3 movies instead of one.

My main problem was it looked like Zack Snyder hates Superman.

I saw that just from the trailers that it was just tryin' to do so much. It's BvS for fuck sakes, let them unite at the end not in the middle. Just killed the whole aspect of even callin' it Batman v.s Superman. I hated Freddy v.s Jason but at least they didn't team up against Micheal Myers and Leatherface durin' the middle of the movie.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Snyder can takes his lens filter and make low budget flicks from now on.._..3 kicks at the comic book can and most were disappointing

Nah Watchmen was pretty great. Never saw 300 so can't comment on that. Man of Steel I liked as well but it had flaws. BvS was certainly a bit of a letdown but I found some enjoyment. Snyder's work definitely divides fans which is probably not what DC needs.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Nah Watchmen was pretty great. Never saw 300 so can't comment on that. Man of Steel I liked as well but it had flaws. BvS was certainly a bit of a letdown but I found some enjoyment. Snyder's work definitely divides fans which is probably not what DC needs.
Watchmen was another too many movies thrown together mess and its biggest redeeming quality was The Comedian. Comic was better, and I'm not even into comics.

I'll give that 300 was alright, it was homoerotic enough for Zack Snyder to give a shit.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Watchmen was another too many movies thrown together mess and its biggest redeeming quality was The Comedian. Comic was better, and I'm not even into comics.

I'll give that 300 was alright, it was homoerotic enough for Zack Snyder to give a shit.

The Watchmen movie was almost a page for page translation of the comic book and the cinematography was gorgeous. The whole cast was impeccable except Malin Akerman but you get to see her ass so I'll let it slide.