Bedlam - Video Game/Novel Tie-In Announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Krisis

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
rtruth
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
sheltonbenjamin
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Bedlam - Video Game/Novel Tie-In Announced
by Daniel Krupa DECEMBER 11, 2013

Bedlam is a new first-person shooter from UK developer RedBedlam, which has been written partly by Scottish novelist Christopher Brookmyre.

It follows the events of the novel Bedlam by Christopher Brookmyre, which will be published in paperback in the New Year. The project is being described as the "first true video game/novel tie-in" in a press release.

The synopsis of the book is as follows:

The plot sees the player, a regular man with a regular job, subjected to a variety of tests only to wake in a videogame world in which he is not in fact the mythical hero so often seen in gaming, but a grunt designed purely to be cannon fodder for someone else. In attempting to find out how this has happened and what strange space he is in, the player progresses through a variety of familiar gaming worlds, relentlessly pursued by an enigmatic predator, an organisation known as Integrity that will be rid of him at all costs...

Passing through these familiar world will allow the game to play with multiple styles and genres, from classic platformers to more contemporary RTS and shooter locations.

The project clearly stems from Brookmyre's interest in video games. "A lot of my writing has been inspired by video games," he says, "and it has always been a big part of my life. When the guys at RedBedlam got in touch to see if I was interested in creating a game with them, I jumped at the chance and have since been consistently thrilled to see my own literary worlds visualised so accurately.

“Bedlam is a tribute to gaming in all its forms and the part it has played in all our lives – as well as being a top quality FPS adventure in itself. I look forward to seeing more of these fantastic characters and worlds fully realised and I think people are going to really enjoy what we’ve put together.â€￾

Bedlam, the novel, is out in paperback from January 21st.

Bedlam, the game, will appear on Steam in summer 2014 with two further novel/game tie-ins in the works.
IGN