Ancestry DNA Information (Yes legit topic lol)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Well, I ordered an ancestry DNA test in the mail to find out more about myself and whatnot. My mom did one so I know the information from her side which I include here along with the information I get from mine when it arrives. Which will give me information from my dad's side of the family. With that being said I am making this topic just cause it's interesting to me. And, well. Ya know. However, the information I can supply now is something I do have information on. While I am true including some personal information like last names. I'm not really worried about doing that as it isn't much you can glean from that. And, trust and believe. There are thousands if not millions of Beatty's and Bowens in the world. So, safe to say I am not really worried.

Bowen Surname
Bowen is a Celtic surname representing two separate Celtic ethnicities, the Welsh ab Owain ("son of Owen") and the Irish Ó Buadhacháin ("descendant of Bohan")

Beatty Surname
Beatty is a surname of Scottish and Irish origin. In some cases from Bartholomew, which was often shortened to Bate or Baty. Male descendants were then often called Beatty, or similar derivations like Beattie or Beatey. The name Beatty or Beattie, others think, arose in Ireland from Betagh, a surname meaning hospitaller. A majority of people named Beatty or Beattie in Ireland are the descendants of Scots who came over to Ulster in the seventeenth century. Beattie is common in counties Antrim and Down, whilst Beatty is more common in counties Armagh and Tyrone. In Fermanagh in 1962, Beatty was the fifteenth most common name and was recorded as synonymous with the names Betty and MacCaffrey (or McCaffrey).

It is most likely that the name derives from Mac a'Bhiadhtaigh, from biadhtach, "one who held land on condition of supplying food (biad) to those billeted on him by the chief". In the rest of Ireland, the name Biadhtach (Betagh; "public victualler") was changed to Beatty or Beattie. In Scotland, the Beatties were a reiver clan in the Langholm area of Eskdale. George MacDonald Fraser has written about the reiving clans in "The Steel Bonnets : The Story of the Anglo-Scottish Border Reivers".

An Irish origin of the name Beattie is supported specifically by the Irish-specific marker S169 which is most common in Leinster, Ireland, but also "found in Scotland, especially among men with the surnames of Beattie and Ferguson".

So, that's an interesting start and a lot I had no idea about. It would appear that the Beatty name was more common than the Bowen name. So, I indeed plan to update this in the coming weeks as more information comes together from the analysis of my DNA.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
I would hope you are laughing about the legit topic part.

:yamchadead

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
  • Haha
Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If this was 23 and Me, you're a real moron, Google owns that shit and they already have enough of your information. Hell, I'm sure all of these fuckin' things are owned by evil corporations.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I got a test for my dad as he was adopted. We knew some stuff, like his birth mother’s full name, where she was from, her sister’s name, and we ended up getting in contact with a first cousin of his who lives in Australia. She met my dad’s birth mother one time, and, told us a pretty sad story about the family, and how messed up my dad’s mom was. The only thing not clear is his dad’s side of it. The father he knew was his birth father, or so he was told, and, they look alike, so, I can believe that. He passed away when my dad was 17. His cousin also knows of a half sister of his. I’m so happy for my dad cuz he’s been wanting clear answers for a long time.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
If this was 23 and Me, you're a real moron, Google owns that shit and they already have enough of your information. Hell, I'm sure all of these fuckin' things are owned by evil corporations.

but it isn't 23 and me.

Thank you for your input.

And, that's cool as hell @LadyHotrod.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I found out the other week that I'm a 4th Generation American. My Paternal Grandfather's grandfather was born in Germany and immigrated to Iowa.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
From just ny own research (that was easy bc my grandpa is obsessed with our family lineage) my family on my mom's side at least has been in fucking East Texas for 4 or 5 generations :lmao idk about my biological dad or my step dad's (who's family i claim if not by blood) much though

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Well, an update. Got my kit today, did everything and registered it.

Now it is in the mail. They say I should have my results in six to eight weeks.

Will update this when that time arises.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Also, that's pretty cool guys that you can get that information. Me, I'm not so lucky.

On my dad's side, my grandmother is basically a dementia patient so it's not like I can ask her anything. My dad's dad died the year I was born. (and from what I heard, its likely for the best I never knew him, shame isn't it) And, dad isn't the easiest person to get along with. Let alone get this kinda information from so asking is fruitless.

And, Grandmother on my mom's side claims she knows who my mom's father is. But, no one really knows. So, it's not like I have a ground set of people I can ask. Hell, my mom doesn't even know who her dad was. So, yeah. That's kinda family dynamic I have. wonderful isn't it?

Last edited:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Lucky for me, my mom already done her DNA shit and has that info. So, I plan to conclude with her again once I have mine so we can talk about it and I will be able to provide to you both sides which is why I did include both family surnames in the opening post.

So, if you guys want to share more of what you know of your family lineage I'd like to hear it if you wanna share it. I'm always up for learning about different people, upbringings nationalities and different cultures as well.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Also, that's pretty cool guys that you can get that information. Me, I'm not so lucky.

On my dad's side, my grandmother is basically a dementia patient so it's not like I can ask her anything. My dad's dad died the year I was born. (and from what I heard, its likely for the best I never knew him, shame isn't it) And, dad isn't the easiest person to get along with. Let alone get this kinda information from so asking is fruitless.

And, Grandmother on my mom's side claims she knows who my mom's father is. But, no one really knows. So, it's not like I have a ground set of people I can ask. Hell, my mom doesn't even know who her dad was. So, yeah. That's kinda family dynamic I have. wonderful isn't it?

Yeah, my dad was kinda in the same boat, as said above. My dad found out at age 10 he was adopted when he found the paperwork. They obviously then admitted he was, but, never really touched on anything else about it. Whenever my dad would ask my grandma about it in later years, she would get mad and not want to discuss it. I know she lost a baby and then was told she couldn't have any more kids after, so, not sure if asking about the adoption was just angering to her because of that, or, if it was something else. Don't think he ever asked my grandpa about it, but, my grandpa did apparently say he was his biological father, and, as I stated in my other post, I can believe that because they have similar features.

My dad was told a few stories, one was that my grandma and grandpa broke up for a few weeks, and, that is when he got with my dad's biological mom. Another was that a 'deal' was made that, since my grandma wanted kids, but, couldn't have any, she allowed my grandpa and my dad's biological mom to have him and allow my grandma to adopt as the mother.

My dad also gets stories messed up and sometimes remembers things incorrectly, lol, so, the above stories can also be wrong. He only had a godfather as another family member here, but, besides him, my grandma and me and my brothers, my dad had no other family here to go to.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You folks are just lettin' AI take over.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler