AJ Styles Contract Status With TNA *Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
- We noted on Wednesday that AJ Styles had not signed a new deal with TNA yet and that they were still negotiating with money appearing to be the biggest issue.

Styles was backstage at Tuesday night's Impact Wrestling tapings and returned on Wednesday night at the tapings for the January 2nd episode and a match was made against Magnus, winner of the tournament finals, to crown an Undisputed TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

That match took place at Thursday night's tapings and will air on January 9th. The match had a No DQ stipulation added to it and saw interference from a handful of stars, including Dixie Carter. The end saw Magnus get the win to become the Undisputed TNA World Heavyweight Champion. After the match, Styles cut what was described as a somber promo and thanked the fans for letting him wrestle for them. He said Dixie could forget about him but he won't ever forget about the TNA fans. He said this was real life and talked about his time in TNA. Styles said goodbye before greeting fans at ringside on his way out.

There is still no confirmation that a new deal was signed since Tuesday but if there wasn't, PWInsider reports that Thursday night's tapings, which will air January 9th, could be Styles' last appearance for the company. The latest word was that both sides were still very far apart on money and that it would come down to the wire. Styles' contract expires before the end of the year.

If AJ leaves then TNA may be just about finished. Their roster is already paper thin and they clearly don't have the money to pay their top stars. Things look bad.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So my thread gets moved and the person who moved it doesn't comment? Cool

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
So my thread gets moved and the person who moved it doesn't comment? Cool

Who gives a shit someone moved it and put it in the correct place. Does this really need a response, no.

Hope AJ signs again but who knows.

Using the Force on tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TNA is going to be very interesting to watch in 2014, and not from a TV viewpoint, a business viewpoint.

Oh and nice to see TNA has started up yet another faction based around Dixie, because that's exactly what was need, another god damn heel faction.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
TNA is going to be very interesting to watch in 2014, and not from a TV viewpoint, a business viewpoint.

Oh and nice to see TNA has started up yet another faction based around Dixie, because that's exactly what was need, another god damn heel faction.

They've relied on that since 2009. Main event mafia, immortal, and aces and eights

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I seriously think TNA could go out of business in 2014.

It will be awful to see but they really need to shape themselves up.

Joey

Reaction score
I seriously think TNA could go out of business in 2014.

It will be awful to see but they really need to shape themselves up.

Agreed. I'll go out on a limb at say they might last till summer 2014, but i doubt it. TNA is a trainwreck of a company, and as long as WWE is around, no other Promotion will take the top spot. I don't even think TNA tries to compete with WWE because its merely impossible. Rememember when they aired iMPACT on Mondays to see if they could put up a fight? They couldn't. It's going to be sad to see alot of great talent crawl away, unless they do the indy thing, or sign with WWE afterward.

As for AJ? Well, I think he's done. Not expecting any type of deal with WWE, especcially seeing that WWE is focusing on signing younger talent, and training them in NXT. Unless its a hype-type deal, but I don't think AJ could really fill that many seats, especcially in comparison to guys like The Rock.

Fanged Fury

I have the same mindset about TNA's life span if AJ Styles leaves the company. TNA is currently on life support and its in a vegetarian state and maybe giving them onto Summer 2014 is a bit too nice. They have pay-per views on their weekly televised show. I look at the arenas and they don't have nearly as many heads as a WWE show, even the arena in Bakersfield, CA (one of the smaller WWE venues) makes ALL the Impact's arenas look tiny.

When it comes to TNA, my favorite guys were Shelley, Sabin, Styles, Daniels, Kazarian, Ms. Brooks, and so forth. Then I was okay with them bringing in guys like Kurt Angle, J. Hardy, and Steiner, but it got to a point where it seemed like TNA was turning into a mini wannabe WWE. Styles and Jarrett are two guys who are the CORE of the company. When you think about TNA, those two guys almost always pop up in our heads. If Styles leaves, TNA is doomed.

Joey

Reaction score
Agreed. Its a shipwreck. Its the WWE orphanage. Dixie knows absolutely nothing about promoting, and the creative staff tries too hard to make things interesting.

Everything is way too fast with TNA too. Like i could miss one impact, and there could be like 4 heel turns and 2 new champs.

Booking is okay for the most part. I enjoy most of the matches on impact, usually. They need to work on angles, and production. I could say for every 50 pieces of WWE Merch purchased, 1 piece of TNA Merch is purchased. And i think i'm being nice on that one.

They have a failing fan base, arenas are never sold out, and they are horrible at advertising. I could walk up to random people in the street and ask them what TNA was and maybe 1 out of 15 would know. I could go out on a limb and say that 13/15 would know what WWE is. TNA has never ever been a threat to the WWE even when WWE was in that really dark spot.

I give TNA until next summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk