AJ Lee retires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WWE just Tweeted the following:

BREAKING: AJ Lee (April Mendez) has decided to retire from in-ring competition with WWE. We wish AJ the very best.

Swinny

Reaction score
Pretty crazy and abrupt, makes me wonder if a Little Punk is actually on its way this time.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Or the lawsuit against Phil wore on her relationship with the E

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I felt like it was coming as he relationship with WWE seemed very strained after the whole CM Punk fiasco, this doesn't surprise me really.

Swinny

Reaction score
Or the lawsuit against Phil wore on her relationship with the E

Well yeah, that too. Could be she just wanted to get a chance to be at WrestleMania one last time before hanging it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Most def did the problems with Punk and WWE really put her in a bad situation. It's hard to think about your career, when you're hearing your Husband getting sued from a Doctor/Company you work for. Hopefully she keeps that Wrestling passion, and wrestle one day again maybe for TNA!

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I don't see her going to TNA. I think it would benefit TNA, but I don't think it would benefit AJ all that much, unless she thinks she would have much more freedom in her work and would like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've already said it elsewhere but I'll repeat here...there is no chance in hell she ever wrestles for TNA. I will make a video of myself cooking and eating one of my shoes if she does. Seriously.

That being said, AJ was always hella overrated so I'm not too sad to see her go.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've already said it elsewhere but I'll repeat here...there is no chance in hell she ever wrestles for TNA. I will make a video of myself cooking and eating one of my shoes if she does. Seriously.

That being said, AJ was always hella overrated so I'm not too sad to see her go.
Well I hoping she does go so I can you eat a shoe. If cooked well shoes taste pretty good.

Sad she is going but she really won't be missed. Did anyone really miss her all thay much while she was gone earlier or is this all another ploy by wwe to get one over on us like the whole JBL, Michael Coke, and Booker act they have going on.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I agree that AJ Lee was seriously overrated. Hell, if she and Punk ever split, I bet she would be coming right back to the WWE. Not really a big loss for WWE.

Even if she went to TNA, she wouldn't really do shit to improve their ratings or product.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Some news on AJ.

Source: Prowrestling.net

Retired WWE wrestler A.J. Lee announce that a book deal with Leshne Agency via her Twitter page. "I hope our book inspires strong women and underdogs to make their dreams a reality," Lee wrote. Follow her online at Twitter.com/wweajlee.

Powell's POV: The deal was done before Lee opted to retire from WWE. Lisa Leshne referred to Lee as her agency's "client" back in February after Lee called out Stephanie McMahon on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I think plenty of people will want to read her book, to my knowledge she was homeless at one point living in a Motel? I've had a similar life, and my Family and I didn't get outta of it for legit 4 or 5 years.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Whilst her retirement won't have a significant impact on the business, it will have a big dent on the divas division. She was the most over female since Trish and Lita, for a long time she was a big part of the WWE product.