AEW Rankings 12/6/19

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Mens.jpg

Womens.jpg

Tag Team.jpg

Men's Division (Champion Chris Jericho)

1. Jon Moxley (Singles: 4-0-1, Overall: 4-1-1, Last Week: #3)
2. Kenny Omega (Singles: 5-2, Overall: 8-4, Last Week: #1)
3. PAC (Singles: 4-2-1, Overall: 4-3-1, Last Week: #2)
4. Cody Rhodes (Singles 4-1-1, Overall: 5-2-1, Last Week: #4)
5. MJF (Singles: 2-1, Overall: 3-1, Last Week: #5)

Women's Division (Champion Riho)

1. Hikaru Shida (Singles: 3-2, Overall: 4-3, Last Week: #1)
2. Nyla Rose (Singles 3-3, Overall: 4-3, Last Week: #4)
3. Emi Sakura (Singles: 1-1, Overall: 3-3, Last Week: #2)
4. Britt Baker (Singles: 3-2, Overall: 6-3, Last Week: #3)
5. Kris Statlander (Singles: 1-0, Overall: 1-2, Last Week: N/A)

Tag Team Division (Champions SCU)

1. Santana and Ortiz (Tag Team: 3-1, Last Week: #1)
2. The Young Bucks (Tag Team: 4-3, Last Week: #2)
3. The Best Friends (Tag Team: 4-3, Last Week: #3)
4. The Lucha Bros (Tag Team: 4-4, Last Week: #4)
5. Private Party (Tag Team: 4-4, Last Week: #5)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vegeta

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
Omega shooting up in the ranks after getting 2 decent victories.

Pac not looking nearly as bad as it's felt watching his descend from undefeated and beating top stars to aimless and in a losing streak. I really hope they find something for him to do/ is in the long term plans they currently have made a year ahead.

Womens Division rankings looking better than they previously were when everyone had a losing record. Emi Sakura being 3rd with a 1-1 record is a bit mind-boggling to me.

Santana and Ortiz looking like the only legit Tag-Team until the Bucks start getting wins back. Best Friends looking incredibly and Lucha Bros keep falling. The overall records of the Tag Division explains what's been happening with it. All of it is pretty aimless and Santana / Ortiz winning the belts off of SCU will bring some much needed personality, legitimacy, and hopefully some new tag-team stars. Possibly Face Lucha Bros. Idk it looked like Lucha Bros still weren't done with SCU last week.

Riho really needs to commit to AEW, pre-tape some promos, or get the belt taken off. It really sucks not having a Champion on your show. It's the same criticism I have about Brock (even with him being one of my favorites of all time). But for AEW it's even more imperative that your Champion is on your show since it's your very first Champion on a very young / new nationally televised T.V. show.

One thing the Rankings have shown me after keeping up with them on a weekly basis is Rankings are really tough to do in Wrestling. Because a lot of these rankings don't look so bad. But some of these wrestlers / teams feel really bad.

There are some interesting dynamics and eventually I expect AEW to flesh out some of the concerns people have. But so far rankings have been very interesting to me and putting a few things in perspective. If they keep hammering home that wins / losses really matter - eventually Rankings will mean a whole lot more to people.

Last edited: