AEW Dynamite March 25th: We’re still here

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I seriously doubt the whole character is gonna be a Vince parody lol. They wouldn’t use someone as talented as him for it. If it was some jobber who be happy to just have a job sure. Not someone who could get a job in any wrestling company in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what I'm going with the Segment is Brodie saying I'm doing what I want, when I want etc. He didn't get to do that he felt in the WWE, but it's not a sly at WWE in some way then I'm thinking this is stupid. No one was to see him eating at the Dinner Table, rather kicking some ass and elevating the group.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well what I'm going with the Segment is Brodie saying I'm doing what I want, when I want etc. He didn't get to do that he felt in the WWE, but it's not a sly at WWE in some way then I'm thinking this is stupid. No one was to see him eating at the Dinner Table, rather kicking some ass and elevating the group.

Oh the segment at hand surely was something. I just don’t feel the whole gimmick will be.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Oh the segment at hand surely was something. I just don’t feel the whole gimmick will be.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I don’t mind parodies if it’s not overdone and it doesn’t feel so forced, and I do like Brodie so I hope it isn’t all he does and I’d like to believe that it won’t be the whole thing.

Benoit's Weight Machine

Reaction score
They got financial backup, thanks to founders Shahid and Tony Khan, to keep the show running.
Yes, they have the backing however these are unprecedented times. I have friends who had super stable jobs just last week laid off and told that their termination was permanent. We are in unprecedented times right now and I would take nothing for granted.

The Khan's also own an NFL team and a soccer team, neither of which are operational during this crisis. I'm not sure if Shad is still involved in the auto parts business but if so, you better believe that is also taking a hit right now. Tony owns a sports analytics company which obviously has no work right now either. The Khan's are likely living off their savings right now as are countless other Americans.

How much longer will TNT keep paying AEW? They make their money by playing commercials. What good is advertising if A) people are stuck in the house and B) everyone is unemployed and has no money. The whole house of cards can and will come crashing down in about another month or so if this crisis continues.

Davey Wrestling

Does AEW have your attention now?!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bOKjo7Z
Favorite Wrestler
UserAEW
Favorite Wrestler
bwpLynH
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Hi guys, figured my first post on here should be about my favourite fed of the moment, so here it is:

I loved this weeks show; they've got the empty arena thing down, to the point that some of what they're doing is more enjoyable without a crowd (I'm looking at Guevara in particular here, his pissing about with the caracatures made me smile).

That said, if Guevara and Omega was in front of a crowd I think people would be raving about it, but they aren't, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Anybody catch Brodi Lee kicking the guy out for sneezing? If there's any doubt that his current thing is taking swipes at Vince then this should be the proof that he is.

What made this show SO enjoyable for me though was Jericho taking the silly and just running with it... I've no idea how he didn't crack up cutting that promo on Vanguard 1... Even the Matt Hardy teleporting, as ridiculous as it was, made me laugh because it was just so off the wall in an entertaining way.

As for the money situation - I imagine pretty much everybody on the planet is in the same boat at the moment; individuals and businesses only have so much money locked away and a businesses first priority will be to protect the business as much as possible.

Is it possible that TNT cut AEW the same way other businesses are cutting employees? Of course it is. That said, IMO at least, AEW is also right up their with New Japan in terms of the none WWE feds that are the most likely to survive.

Last edited: