15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Apparently Tottenham and Newcastle is feuding over Sandro Ramirez, a 20 year old currently struggling to find play time in Barca.
Spurs are also linked to Wissam Ben Yedder, a striker in French League 1 team Tolouse.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I give you, the goal of the season.

Everyone else can sit down

Stopspot

Reaction score
Chelsea beating Arsenal today spiced up the title race a fair bit for a bit. Leicester ahead in top, City and Arsenal on even points but City ahead on goals. And Spurs only 2 points behind. And United hanging on in the back at 37 points.

What a time to be alive.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Jan Vertonghen is out for at least 10 weeks with an MCL injury. Blow for Spurs since he brought a lot of seniority and experience to the squad. But we should be alright. We have big Kevin Wimmer who can slot in and Eric Dier can always drop back down to Center defender if we start having a crisis. but I think Kevin should do well under Toby's lead

Stopspot

Reaction score
Adebayor has signed for Palace. Good, now we don't have to pay him anymore

Reactions: Crayo

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Our biggest transfer should be LVG to a concentration camp.

My three predictions; one of these will come true.

1) Van Gaal fired soon; Giggs replaces with Fergie's help until the end of the season. If he does well, we keep him on. If not, Pep Guardiola comes.

2) We keep LVG until the summer and Guardiola comes.

3) Sack LVG, and hire Mourinho.

The only one that worries me as a Manchester United fan is Giggs, but it could turn out wonderful. I just feel the squad needs an overhaul of quality and Guardiola and Mourinho are the two biggest managerial names on the planet; players will come to those names alone.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Our biggest transfer should be LVG to a concentration camp.

My three predictions; one of these will come true.

1) Van Gaal fired soon; Giggs replaces with Fergie's help until the end of the season. If he does well, we keep him on. If not, Pep Guardiola comes.

2) We keep LVG until the summer and Guardiola comes.

3) Sack LVG, and hire Mourinho.

The only one that worries me as a Manchester United fan is Giggs, but it could turn out wonderful. I just feel the squad needs an overhaul of quality and Guardiola and Mourinho are the two biggest managerial names on the planet; players will come to those names alone.
Didn't LVG basically resign after the Southampton game but Woodward convinced him to stay? From what I have read the plan is for them to keep LVG on for the season just for stability's sake, then replace him with either Guardiola or Mourinho. Guardiola is apparently very keen on coaching City so it could go either way obviously.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Didn't LVG basically resign after the Southampton game but Woodward convinced him to stay? From what I have read the plan is for them to keep LVG on for the season just for stability's sake, then replace him with either Guardiola or Mourinho. Guardiola is apparently very keen on coaching City so it could go either way obviously.
Rumour, apparently. LVG already had a scheduled visit to Netherlands and the papers picked up on that. I do, however, believe Woodward would (tongue twister there) be stupid enough to try convince him to stay. I also think it's fathomable to believe the reason we haven't given LVG any money in January thus far is because our long term plans does not involve him as a manager come the summer. If Mourinho is our target though surely it makes sense to bring him in like RIGHT NOW! He's been super keen for the United job since he was at Real.

My only thinking is that Guardiola is the target, or that Giggs/Fergie will be our future. The latter -- again -- could be done now instead of summer.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Rumour, apparently. LVG already had a scheduled visit to Netherlands and the papers picked up on that. I do, however, believe Woodward would (tongue twister there) be stupid enough to try convince him to stay. I also think it's fathomable to believe the reason we haven't given LVG any money in January thus far is because our long term plans does not involve him as a manager come the summer. If Mourinho is our target though surely it makes sense to bring him in like RIGHT NOW! He's been super keen for the United job since he was at Real.

My only thinking is that Guardiola is the target, or that Giggs/Fergie will be our future. The latter -- again -- could be done now instead of summer.
I read that Mourinho apparently sent Woodward a six page letter begging for the job (stalker fangirl levels unlocked).
Out of the options I think Mourinho should be the one that you bring in. He's used to the big club pressure and the heat that comes with it. Giggs needs to go train another club I think first, prove he can be a good manager and not just rely on him being a United legend and expecting Fergie to be some sort of magic rewind button.

Send Giggs to train another team for a year or two, and if he is good on his own two feet, bring him back

Stopspot

Reaction score
Townsend is moving from Tottenham to Newcastle. And in typical Daniel Levy fashion we made some good money off it. Roughly 12 million pounds for him.

It was his time to move on I guess. He had ended up on the outs with the coaching staff and gotten relegated to the U21s