Zack Ryder...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
...is getting a MAJOR push. The way they are building him is actually really incredible. They took a very 1 dimensional character and added another dimension. They are building a huge return for him, no doubt. My question to you is where would you like to see them take Ryder from here?

I was talking with CTG about it, and I'm hoping they use him as the catalyst for a Cena heel turn. They hype a Ryder return, still injured, but as a "to say hi to the WWE universe interview segment" and he is still recouping from his broken back. Cena, slowly turning heel from the Kane feud and the impending Rock match at Mania, comes out, says this wouldn't have happened had he let Ryder defend him from Kane. Ryder tells him he didn't need him or so forth, the fans pile on the Cena hate. Cena loses his shit, snaps on Ryder and cripples him further. Cena gets even hotter heat, Ryder returns into an insta-heat feud and could easily drive the Cena heat and feud to the top of facedom. How do you guys see this playing out and how would you want to see it?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^What you just said would be incredible. Honestly, you could have Cena shelf him until Summerslam... just so you've got him out for enough time for the fallout from Mania... maybe have Cena get reinvolved with Punk on some feud to hold on to last decade instead of transitioning to this new era of Punk's... and have him take the belt off Punk (who presumably would still be involved with Jericho) before Summerslam setting up Ryder's return the following night on Raw and put them in a feud for the belt. Don't give us the payoff right away... stretch it out a couple months... if Ryder's got the right momentum from it, with Cena having mega-heat... launch Ryder.

...god...

Reaction score
You were talking with CTG about using Ryder as a catalyst for a Cena heel turn? I didn't post and say that about a month ago, did I... oh yeah I did. If it happens, you'll say 'I was the first to say it' though like always cus you're a cunt, just like the Orton thing.

Reaction score
I don't recall such a post. Don't try and steal my glory, you twit. Plus, your idea wasn't half as good, you probably just said something like "Cena will turn heel on Ryder", just with really poor grammar. And I was the first to start championing Orton's improvement. You cunt. You ineffectual cunt.

fuzzy

Reaction score
can someone tell me how cena is turning heel from this feud with kane? i just don't see it.

...god...

Reaction score
I don't recall such a post. Don't try and steal my glory, you twit. Plus, your idea wasn't half as good, you probably just said something like "Cena will turn heel on Ryder", just with really poor grammar. And I was the first to start championing Orton's improvement. You cunt. You ineffectual cunt.
YOU DON'T RECALL IT? YOU JUST LITERALLY QUOTED IT. The fuck with that I don't believe you or you're some kind of messiah.

Also, can somebody draw fuzzy a picture or something, kid needs help.

...god...

Reaction score
or you looked it up/remembered.

soulpower

Reaction score
^^^ I think it comes down to Ryder being a guy who managed to gain a cult following without ANY help from WWE.

He's really not that good on the mic (And his acting is TERRIBLE!), and although he's a solid hand in the ring, its not like he's among the best in-ring performers in the company.

Hell, to quote MS... I still don't understand the Ryder love.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
^^^ I think it comes down to Ryder being a guy who managed to gain a cult following without ANY help from WWE.

That I do respect him for. On the other hand I also hate him for insipiring all the clowns who came afterwards. Example; Tyler Rex is not funny and neither is his show.

He's really not that good on the mic (And his acting is TERRIBLE!), and although he's a solid hand in the ring, its not like he's among the best in-ring performers in the company.

Hell, to quote MS... I still don't understand the Ryder love.

He reminds me a lot of John Cena in certain ways and they're the things that people despise about Cena so that really baffles me too.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^Ryder isn't yet the top guy tho... he was a guy who wasn't even on the card. Cena is the face of the WWE... so when people get sick of his shit, people REALLY get sick of his shit. Ryder adapted with his audience, Cena's stale.

BTW, a lot of Ryder's weaknesses, I'm sure get taken care of during his injury. It's not like he's the first guy to require acting classes and some work on promos... Hell, Randy Orton still fucking sucks at promos... Del Rio is terrible at it and he got the main belt within 2 years BEFORE getting good at promos.

Ryder is a kid who has potential... untapped. He's a guy who gained fans despite the WWE. He "broke the 4th wall" before Punk made it cool to do so... and he had an entire locker room of guys the company is scared to lose, recognize his work ethic and ask for him to get a shot.

...god...

Reaction score
i posted somewhere on here about this, can't find it, and I'm sure Luke will agree as well. But I like him because he has genuine passion for the business, he's like a kid trying to live his dream and no matter how hard the WWE tried not to give him a shot and keep him off TV he was smart enough and creatively genius enough to invent a way to get himself over and get fans to gather around him. He used his wit and brain and it shows in ZTLIS because the show is funny as fuck especially the first several episodes, you could tell the guy had a genuine talent for creativity and that's what you need to make a character and get it over which is what he did and that's why he's good. He can play a character and he knows how, and he fits the bill, he's got the size, he CAN talk perfectly fine (again, he knows his character). I'm not sure why you think he can't act, because the WWE put him in some stupid ass tire changing segment? How could he have made that better? If anyone, Eve was the one displaying HORRIBLE acting tendencies in that segment and the ones prior. Zack isn't great in the ring, but he's not awful, he's gradually learning how to work the fans and that's the basis the WWE always looks for. Del Rio was the same, he actually COULD cut promos, his promos when he first came to SD were great Luke not sure what you were watching. Later on when he went to Raw they got awful and stale, it was like he ran out of material. I'm not sure how you couldn't even be slightly happy for the fans rallying around to get him on TV and get his title match, it was one of the only stories the WWE told well lately. I can see the similarities you would see in Cena and Ryder, but the thing is, Cena wasn't hated when he first turned. He was hated after he had the SAME exact character year after year after year and didn't know what the fuck he was doing because he would be on our TV screen each and every day in the title picture. They're already doing the right thing with Ryder by taking him off TV so he doesn't get stale, the rest is up to him to actually advance his character like Cena fails to. Now if they're smart, they'll keep him off and let the fans build up like before until the arenas are erupting with the "WE WANT RYDER" chants again, the thing that brought him here in the first place, then bring him back for the pay off. They should just do ANYTHING they can to keep him off, screw him over so he won't be on TV just to incite fury in his fans and allow him time to do the same shit that brought him to the dance, make videos and rally everyone together with the Ryder revolution deal. If he doesn't completely take off it's because the WWE didn't allow him to do his thing, give him room to work his promos, because we KNOW they work. Same goes for Dolph Ziggler. Both of those guys are ridiculously talented, I think Dolph will go even further though once he gets his chance.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^That's what I meant about Del Rio. He got stale... and to be fair, Smackdown being recorded helped him a great deal... the live event wasn't his thing.

You're right about Ryder, it's something he's genuinely passionate about, and that's why I think a moment like they gave HBK would be tremendous... but down the line. Make this huge deal about this being his boyhood dream, and rah rah rah... it writes itself if you're smart enough to keep it simple.

But his acting IS a little bad. He seems almost too overwhelmed at times being on screen on Raw... big difference between that and Youtube... but it's not outrageous, just a little awkward. I'd like to see him get a little more serious because he's got a crazy intensity. I like how they made him look the past couple of weeks though. It's not like he was a nobody that Kane dismantled... he toughed it out until being put through the stage! It took Jack Swagger, former WHC 4 finishers to finally put him out of a match when he "wasn't medically cleared" to wrestle. If that's foreshadowing at his resolve and toughness, I like what they've done with the kid, because only a few guys an era get that kind of rub from the E, and it's a real good way to establish someone.

Come on, the kid breaks his back and fights his way back into shape to compete and perform for his fans, or the love of the business, or the hunger to be the best. I just hope they don't make him some cheapskate heel... push him to the moon as a clean competitor no matter what, face or heel, and let him do it the right way so that you can always fall back on him being honest between the ropes. Screwjob aside, that's one of the things that made HBK tremendous, was his ability to be a heel character-wise, but a brilliant, legal performer in the ring. And I'm not trying to make people sick with comparisons of Ryder/HBK, it's not really comparisons, I'm saying that Shawn is the blueprint for how you should build a young, charismatic kid with good ability and potential and a corny character, and make a star. Not many better blueprints than that. Also, the broken back thing might play in real well for comparisons to charismatic, non-original character superstars like Flair & HBK...

I'm hooked on what they do from here though, because it's a tremendous opportunity for everyone to gather themselves and do this right... and I like the idea you put out there about him being screwed out of a return, and hopefully saying Cena DID interfere in the match in some capacity (not really) to keep him from the US Title to really sell him being screwed.