Your most annoying cancellation?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fluttershy

Reaction score
Website
mobile.twitter.com
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
aliciafox2
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
gailkim2
Favorite Wrestler
kharma
Which cancellations of shows irritated people the most, as many times shows that have great potential are shelved after only one season. Here are a few of mine.

• Pushing Daisies: great show, original concept. Didn't see cancellation coming!
  • Ringer: Such a missed opportunity. Sarah Michelle Geller was amazing in it.The cliffhanger left me furious.
  • Ugly Betty: At the time of cancellation the show was at its best.
  • V: A great show cancelled before its time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Easily the Chappelle show for me. One of my favorite shows of all time that really ended way too soon even though it was a self inflicted thing since Dave walked away from it. Came totally out of left field but if they were trying to get him to compromise I do understand him wanting out of that situation just sucks cause the show was perfect.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Swear if anyone brings up Firefly.....

Shows get cancelled for a reason....Nobody watches them, if they did they would do everything they could to get it back, like Cagney and Lacey.....bitches got pissed off they cancelled it and they all mailed letters to the network and got the show back on.....Lazy innernet fucks can do it too if they actually cared.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
My So Called Life

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Thought Rules of Engagement was funny till the last.

Big fan of Southland too.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Swear if anyone brings up Firefly.....

Shows get cancelled for a reason....Nobody watches them, if they did they would do everything they could to get it back, like Cagney and Lacey.....bitches got pissed off they cancelled it and they all mailed letters to the network and got the show back on.....Lazy innernet fucks can do it too if they actually cared.

I agree, but that's not the point of the thread. Even if you realize why a show was canceled, you can still be a fan of it and be annoyed that it was canceled. I love Firefly, it's pretty obvious why it was canceled but am I not allowed to be annoyed that there aren't more than 14 episodes of a show that I liked?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Has to be Dirt! for me.

half of season two didn't get done... during the Writer's block so it was awful timing... but ratings weren't where they wanted them... but they could have at least got the second season done in time cause the story was good.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I was pretty pissed when CSI: Miami was cancelled half way through the season. I mean at least they could've finished it with a nice series ending rather than a typical season ending. I know it doesn't sound logical, but I've posted my complaint.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
My Name is Earl. Rules of Engagement. Pushing Daisies

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Way back around 2002 I think, when Cena's rapper gimmick debuted and Eddie started bringing low-riders to the ring, they cancelled Smackdown in Australia for a couple of years. I remember being excited for a week when I heard it was coming back and things were sooo different.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Rules of Engagement was cancelled?

Wolverine and the X-Men, ended with a huge Age of Apocalypse tease. Which just so happens to be the best alternate reality story from any company.

My Name is Earl, you just don't end a series on To Be Continued. Made for TV movie, or anything just to see an actual end.

HBO's Spawn, they just kept teasing shit for 3 seasons with no payoff.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
My Name is Earl, you just don't end a series on To Be Continued. Made for TV movie, or anything just to see an actual end.

Thats the worst part of it, it ended on a cliffhanger and the biggest cliffhanger of any season. It has to be finished off at some point, but the longer it takes the less likely they're able to get all the actors back together for a possible/rumoured movie

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
THe Black Donnelly's was great, Life with Louie on HBO (although Louie on FX sort of makes up for it), and as most others have said My Name is Earl..

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree, but that's not the point of the thread. Even if you realize why a show was canceled, you can still be a fan of it and be annoyed that it was canceled. I love Firefly, it's pretty obvious why it was canceled but am I not allowed to be annoyed that there aren't more than 14 episodes of a show that I liked?

Also it has been proven that if a network doesn't push the panic button that a show can produce ratings long term.

Both Cheers and Seinfeld had poor ratings in the early seasons, both went on to be among the most highly rated sitcoms in history. Another example is the UK Office that was a slow burner but went on to be one of the success stories of the last decade for the BBC though DVD sales alone.