Your favourite Guilty Pleasure movies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'm curious to know what you think of modern-day spoofs of B-Movies, such as Lesbian Vampire Killers and Zombie Strippers, which are tongue-in-cheek and cheesy on purpose, rather than due to lack of means.

I have no time for those films they miss the point of what made the origainal films fun.

Pete

Reaction score
Dead Alive? Gotta love Simerian Rat Monkeys.

I think the LVK is the same one I am thinking of, the final scene was a sillouhette of a werewolf howling at the moon, with a limp wrist.

When it comes to zombies, the Romero zombie is a bastardization of the mythos, as the "Voodoo Zombie" is the longest running zombie mythos. Also, since there are many ways that zombies could be brought back(No room left in hell, man made virus, radioactive meteors, etc) it leaves alot of ways they could vary. A typical Romero is a slow shambling wreck with rigormortis, while your 28 days later doesnt even kill the host, so they can remain at top physical conditioning, then your Kirkman/Walking Dead zombies feed off both of these in a way, at the beginning a walker is still fairly quick as rigormortis has yet to set in, but they become the slow brooding zombies Romero made famous as time goes on.

Even Bram Stoker bastardized the vampyre for Dracula. And I cant blame Twilight for something that Buffy the Vampire Slayer started.

So Buffy made vampires sparkle in the sun, did it? :fp:

Besides, Spike managed to be an emo vampire while still remaining badass. Eddie, on the other hand...not so much.

Re: zombies, I was thinking specifically of them being able to run in the Day remake. I thought that was kind of ridiculous.

Re: Peter Jackson. Braindead? Bad Taste? Meet The Feebles?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
[/B]
Yeah but if you going to do something which has always been done either do it better or at least match it, Twilight came no where near Buffy and actually I don't see that much of a link, one is a sharply written, entertaining cult TV show with great character depth and the other is a broading, romantic blockbuster which works for a nietch audience but not for many outside it.

Keith I am quoting your question, as answering it will answer both yours, and Pete's questions.

Buffy, is about teenagers, their love lives, and supernatural creatures like Demons, Vampires, & Werewolves, the romantic stories were always front & center, and an action scene wouldnt last nearly as long as the build up to Angel & Buffy leaning in to kiss one another. Twilight wouldnt exist if it wasnt for the core demographic being found in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Teen girls that have necropheliac fantasies.

Pete, Dead Alive is the only pre-LOTR Peter Jackson movie I own, but I have seen Braindead, I think I am going to have to find the other 2, as the names dont seem familiar.

Pete

Reaction score
One is Braindead, except worse, the other is a Muppets parody. There's also Heavenly Creatures.

Re: Buffy, then how come teenage boys and geeks love Buffy (present poster included) and can't STAND Twilight? Answer: sparkles.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
TheLangoliers1995.png

lol

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
One is Braindead, except worse, the other is a Muppets parody. There's also Heavenly Creatures.
Re: Buffy, then how come teenage boys and geeks love Buffy (present poster included) and can't STAND Twilight? Answer: sparkles.

Wait whats wrong with Braindead? I find that a very entertaining film and Heavenly Creatures is a great film by the way I am sure you agree Pete was just saying.

Pete

Reaction score
No, no. I was saying Bad Taste is a worse version of Braindead. Haven't seen Heavenly Creatures.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No, no. I was saying Bad Taste is a worse version of Braindead. Haven't seen Heavenly Creatures.

Ok well I still need to see Bad Taste but on the basis Braindead I am excited to do so. Really you should see HC.

Reaction score
Like that film. SMG steals it for me her best movie performance to date. At the time I loved the soundtrack maybe not so much now.

Yes! She was great in that film. I didn't expect her to play a villain so perfectly. It's not your typical teenage film. It's actually interesting and the acting is pretty good!

You aren't the only one.

I am glad to hear that! :D

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes! She was great in that film. I didn't expect her to play a villain so perfectly. It's not your typical teenage film. It's actually interesting and the acting is pretty good!I am glad to hear that! :D

Whats interesting about her stealing the film is that it was a bit of a suprise because when you see how good Reese Weatherspoon has become and even was then it was a shock to see Gellar so good in it. Have you seen the origianal it was based on? Now thats an even better film.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The Green Lantern
Transformers sequels.
Skyline(No matter how awful it is, I can't seem to not watch it when it's on.)
When Mars Attacks
Spaceballs

I can't think of too many others. I pretty much usually like what most people don't.

Pete

Reaction score
Just watched one last night, Save The Last Dance. This film has a story for me: when I was 15, I went out with a group of friends, and we were three boys and two girls IIRC. The boys wanted to go see Dude Where's My Car and the girls wanted this one. In the end, one of the guys turned coat, hoping to bag one of the girls, and we ended up watching this one. I remember actually liking it, and I remember everyone being like "ummmm, yeahhhh, it was OK..." trying to hide the fact we'd liked it because it was a "girly flick" :lmao

Anyway, it's still watchable. Nothing special, but by no means bad either. I mostly bought it for the nostalgia, though.