Your 2011 Grade for TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How would you Grade TNA in 2011

• d- bad no potential

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • f- sucked and should be canceled

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Since we have entered into 2012 and kicked 2011 to the curb lets look back at what TNA did last year and give it a grade.

I give it a C, because the first half of the year was pretty abysmal with all crap story lines and the copycatting of WWE with 2/21 promos with Sting (I do understand their logic since it created such a stir with everyone believing Sting was going to WWE and they were trying to capture audiences with it), Anderson not knowing what he was doing, and the infamous Victory Road debacle.

The positives for the year was:

The evolution of Booby Roode and making him the champ, spitting on Dixie Carter

The last 3 months of Impact have been very good television wise and the shows have had a pretty good flow.

The KO's seem to have gotten back to being the best female division on tv.

Bully Ray has been golden all year with his promos and this is his best singles push of his career.

Eric Young no man has made me laugh, smile and wish I was him in quite some time. He was one reason why I continued to watch TNA in dull months and he seems to enjoy himself with whatever they throw at him.

Steiner promos are the best when he is drunk and you cant understand what he is saying but whatever comes out of his mouth always is sold with conviction and everyone is FAT.

So what does everyone here think and please back up your grade when you vote.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I gave it a C because even the good bits e.g. Roode winning the title were really screwed up.

When you've been pushing a guy for four months and put him in the main event of your biggest pay per view against a champion who is injured the natural instinct is to give him the win. But no, they even had to fuck up that.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I'd give it a Solid B. I think TNA has made major strides in being a great alternative to WWE but a lot of people still don't like TNA. I think TNA has had lots of great storylines this year and making Bobby Roode World Champion was pure brilliance but they have also made a lot of mistakes and need to try and eradicate them as soon as possible. If TNA can keep improving and eliminate the simple mistakes then by the end of 2012 they could get rid of the impression that WWE is totally intouchable.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I gave it a B because even with the flaws they had the action they did have in the ring(aside from the VR problem) was pretty good and I enjoyed the matches I like how they started to do some more with the X-Division again we got to see a few great champions and feuds this year but I think they could have done better and I think 2012 will be a great year for them and maybe get can work up to a B+ or A- for this year.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I gave it a B because even with the flaws they had the action they did have in the ring(aside from the VR problem) was pretty good and I enjoyed the matches I like how they started to do some more with the X-Division again we got to see a few great champions and feuds this year but I think they could have done better and I think 2012 will be a great year for them and maybe get can work up to a B+ or A- for this year.

These were the reasons that I didn't fail it.

Bringing Jack Evans (even if he's no longer there) was awesome. I really think all of the competing the X Division wrestlers should have been hired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wish Jack was kept he was pretty great and I bet he could work a feud with any of them and it be good. Maybe TNA will bring him back in this year hopefully and we get some great matches out of him.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I wish that TNA would advertise more on say like MTV since Spike and MTV are owned by the same company. Hell even have some of the TNA wrestlers show up on MTV shows like WWE does with USA. IF they ran ads on MTV stating dont miss the next episode of Impact wrestling it would also add to their audience base to some extent those who dont care for the Jersey Shore tards. Even a few more adds on USA wouldnt hurt them either. I have seen some WWE ads run during Impact myself.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I gave it an A but now I realize I should have given it a B. Jeff hardy fucked up victory road as we all know. And some storylines were all over the place and copying the 2/21/11 promo for stings return was beyond Blue. But I love that they signed new x division stars, turned Kurt angle heel, made bobby roode into a credible champion, and made James storm an ass kicking babyface. Bully ray has been exceptional this year. So yeah I give it a B

Postman Dave

Reaction score
thankfully improved as the year went on, B

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Hopefully for everyones sake TNA keeps improving and soon they will gain a lot more fans and popularity.