X-Division Changes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Announced;

For years, TNA has billed the X Division as a “no limitsâ€￾ division. but on Thursday’s Impact Wrestling, TNA announced the rule changes to X Division matches that Dixie Carter hinted at last week on Twitter. Moving forward:

1. The X Division now has a weight limit of 230 lbs.
2. All X Division matches will now be 3-man matches

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Wanna bet that, that 3-way rule gets thrown away this time next month.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So basically it's a cruiserweight division with a forced triple threat stip.

Guessing so you can throw more guys on the card to get their shit in and collect a check, because TNA guys are paid for appearances.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Still not clear on what these changes will be. Maybe every match has to be a triple threat match. Or they could steal the stipulation for the TV title in that it has to be defended each week and then they can drop the meaningless TV title.

Called it, well more like guessed it. I don't mind that change as it gets more of those guys on tv and that is a good thing. Makes sense for them to bring back the weight limit as well since all the guys used in that division are on the small side. What they should try to do though is make the TV title mean something so that larger midcarders have a secondary title to chase.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This was after that three way at Lockdown!? Why? That match wasn't even great and now I just saw Impact's three way match and I'm truly offended that they not only want these incredibly crappy spotfests, they want more chances for botches. This is just a horrible stipulation and won't equate to match quality and hurts the progression of the undercard guys in the division. You completely throw out having a heat-based feud between two people over the belt, now we are just going to get thrown together garbage.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would totally nullify any real feuds for that division and thus having viewers not give a fuck about the title. Also, expecting to see a tower of doom spot in every match.

shap3shift3rko

Reaction score
"Why are you not upset about this?" - Eric Mathews
*Ponders; smirks; eats a fry* "Things Change" - Corey Mathews

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
"Why are you not upset about this?" - Eric Mathews
*Ponders; smirks; eats a fry* "Things Change" - Corey Mathews

:lmao

You can enjoy your sloppy spotfests if you want man.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I predicted it would go to all threeways but I don't give a fuck anyway as I skip over all the X-Division matches anyway because I couldn't give a flying fuck about anyone in that division.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is pretty sad how poor this division is compared to what it was like in the early days of TNA. Early on it was the thing that made TNA stand out and was the best division they had. Now it is filled with a bunch of guys that have no backstory or build and struggle to connect with the audience.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
They are trying to re create the 2005 magic with Joe/Styles/Daniels. Good luck with that.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I don't like the three way concept. It eliminates any real potential for feuds to develop when every match has a third wheel in it.

It's obvious that the only two guys they really seem to care about in the division are Kenny King and Zema Ion. Let them go at it for a few months while building up other X-Division wrestlers as credible threats.

SBS

Reaction score
I don't like the three way concept. It eliminates any real potential for feuds to develop when every match has a third wheel in it.

It's obvious that the only two guys they really seem to care about in the division are Kenny King and Zema Ion. Let them go at it for a few months while building up other X-Division wrestlers as credible threats.

This is exactly what TNA should do. Of course we all know the best ideas are the ones they don't think of. Have King and Ion have a Cena/Orton style feud where the belt keeps switching back and forth. In the meantime build up 2 or 3 other x division guys and there you go you'll have 5 guys to play with. But hey what do I know right?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
As everyone else said already it kills feuds and every match will be a spotfest. I don't have a problem with the spotfests because that's what the X division always was but feuds made it matter.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
The spotfests are fine, but now it just makes the whole title thing pointless. Having two guys fight for the belt is usually what works best. It indicates that those 2 guys are the best of the division. Adding a third guy just seems pointless. But hey, if it gets some guys more TV time, I don't mind.