WWE Targeting China

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WON said:
WWE is very interested in recruiting athletes from China and bringing them to the US to work. WWE wants a top Chinese star, similar to what Yao Ming has been to the NBA. Based on the reactions from their recent tour, the feeling is that WWE can be a big success in the country, even without a native star.

WWE recently toured China for the first time and it sounds like everything went well there. Getting into China is a must for them considering the population that they have, it can be a big money earner for them. I can see why they want a big star, it would be like Great Khali and India, they keep him around because he is popular there. It will be interesting to see if they can get a wrestler from that country onto television within a year or two.

Dademo

Reaction score
Going to places like China is great for Raw and the WWE as a whole imo. Really shows how much they are growing, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in Russia/Korea soon.