WWE superstar released. Is this a sign of things to come?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Punk vs. Cena and Orton vs. Christian last summer says otherwise, brother. It's a good time for money feuds, but domestic fans are going to be hesitant to pay to see Goldust who is rarely active.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Punk vs. Cena and Orton vs. Christian last summer says otherwise, brother. It's a good time for money feuds, but domestic fans are going to be hesitant to pay to see Goldust who is rarely active.

Yeah and because he's barely active makes it better. He can say that he wants to have one more go against his brother to see who's better. Cody can laugh and call him a has-been and all that shit.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He might be semi-active, but he's not Undertaker. He's not even Triple H. He's not even Mick Foley for that matter. I'll go as far as to say that, hell, he's not even Jerry Lawler! It'd be a good fight for the more educated fans, and the feud could be pretty much golden, but it'd be difficult to get mainstream fans who don't see Goldust as being that legitimite to buy into the hype on a grand stage like WrestleMania.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He might be semi-active, but he's not Undertaker. He's not even Triple H. He's not even Mick Foley for that matter. I'll go as far as to say that, hell, he's not even Jerry Lawler! It'd be a good fight for the more educated fans, and the feud could be pretty much golden, but it'd be difficult to get mainstream fans who don't see Goldust as being that legitimite to buy into the hype on a grand stage like WrestleMania.

Yeah because he's only wrestled for 20 years and has one of the most recognizable gimmicks in history

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah because he's only wrestled for 20 years and has one of the most recognizable gimmicks in history

To wrestling fans, not mainstream fans, which is the point EC was making.

The Viper

Reaction score
Most mainstream fans don't even know they're legit brothers so I doubt they would buy into it for that reason alone.

Goldust is also not really a draw anymore. Even to wrestling fans.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
To wrestling fans, not mainstream fans, which is the point EC was making.

Fuck mainstream fans. If they don't want to accept all aspects of wrestling, let them go watch something else

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Fuck mainstream fans. If they don't want to accept all aspects of wrestling, let them go watch something else
Yeah, you'd be real good running a company that's trying to make money.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I want to entertain people that actually know about what they're watching

I hope that you and those shows that you'll be doing in junior high gymnasiums are quite the hit.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Wow. Here's a novel idea. Do both! Entertain fans and market to the masses at the same time.

This bitterness over Goldust not feuding with Cody is so pointless since Wrestlemania was more than a month ago. Let it go and get on with your life ffs.

The Viper

Reaction score

....the mainstream fans are still watching the product so why wouldn't you wanna entertain them as well?

I'd despise you if you owned a wrestling company and only cared about the hardcore wrestling fans.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So why the fuck are they watching wrestling if they don't know/care about it