WWE superstar released. Is this a sign of things to come?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WWE superstar Dustin "Goldust" Runnels has been released by wwe. His profile has been transferred to wwe's alumni page. With wwe releases coming soon could this be the beginning?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
...I would imagine. We all knew it was coming... I don't think there's much mystery to it, really.

Castiel

Reaction score
I'm going to guess he's just like Joey Mercury and he's still with them in a backstage role.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Honestly, there are a lot of guys that would benefit from being future endeavored...WWE has a lot of really talented guys that are getting nowhere.

Kushikimi

Reaction score
Goldust with WWE is just like Billy Martin with the Yankees... they fire him every now and then, but always finds a way to come back

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
they really dropped the ball not having the Cody/Dust feud imo....

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
they really dropped the ball not having the Cody/Dust feud imo....

I agree, they could have done a lot with that feud...it would of been a smooth transition for Cody to go from Booker to Goldy.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I wonder if this is what Kevin Nash was being all pissy about a week or so ago when he went nuts on Twitter?

Castiel

Reaction score
I actually only watched the Goldust (or rather Dustin) return last night when he stood up for Booker and such, it would've been so perfect and easy to switch over into a program between the Rhodes brothers when Cody was done with Booker, then Goldie could've retired or some shit.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I said a long time ago that it should have been Cody vs Dustin at WrestleMania but everyone was against it

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I still wouldn't support that match, for the record. Just 'cause it's got good feud potential doesn't mean I'd take that job off of Show who was deserving of a WrestleMania paycheck.

Castiel

Reaction score
Yeah, but you forget... Big Show fucking sucks. Plus he only took credibility off of Cody, Goldust would've helped him since I'm certain Cody would've got the W.

I said a long time ago that it should have been Cody vs Dustin at WrestleMania but everyone was against it

Seriously? I thought pretty much everyone, at least the people I've encountered, were for that for a long time now.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I despise Show actually. I think he sucks as a character and is nothing short of mediocre as a wrestler, but he worked year round to get on the card and deserved that bonus. Not only that, but Rhodes has gone over now, and the fact that he avenged that loss I think does more for him in the long run than just beating him in the one-off match.

If Dust and Cody were feuding now I'd be fine with it. Just not leading up to Mania.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I never got the Cody/Goldust thing tbh. It'd be a decent feud but at WM? No thanks.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I despise Show actually. I think he sucks as a character and is nothing short of mediocre as a wrestler, but he worked year round to get on the card and deserved that bonus. Not only that, but Rhodes has gone over now, and the fact that he avenged that loss I think does more for him in the long run than just beating him in the one-off match.

If Dust and Cody were feuding now I'd be fine with it. Just not leading up to Mania.

WrestleMania is the best time to build up a feud