WWE Smackdown: April 2nd 2010 Report By John

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
The John Report: WWE Smackdown: April 2nd 2010

This is the first Smackdown after Wrestlemania, So i'm hoping new feuds are made and some interesting business goes down.

We start of Smackdown with our world heavyweight champion, Chris Jericho. Todd Grisham claims Jericho is "the greatest at what he does." Matt Striker reminds us that Jericho is still our champion, Just incase you didn't see the massive belt on Jericho's chest or the fact the nameplate says World Heavyweight Champion. Jericho informs us he is still the champion and he is the best in the world. He's saying what the announcers just said. Great. He holds the belt high as the music of Edge is played. Our announcers remind us Edge was 1 second away from capturing the belt. Jericho tells Edge to get out of his ring which angers Edge and they brawl until Edge spears Jericho. We think it's going to go to the commercial break when .. Wait! Jack Swagger hits Edge with the MITB case. "Get a ref out here now!" utters from his mouth as Matt Striker jumps out of his seat screaming.

Match Number 1: Chris Jericho Vs. Jack Swagger [World Heavyweight Championship]

The ref runs down as Striker is still screaming. After several minutes of ear-ache after listening to Striker, We see the referee rings the bell. Gut-wrench powerbomb! "We have a new World Heavyweight Champion!" Jack Swagger holds the belt high as we are shown both Edge and Jericho laid out. Mr. Point-our-the-obvious Striker tells us "We have a new champion!"

Match Number 2: R-Truth and John Morrison Vs. Cryme Tyme

Not a bad match here, But not a good one either. The fact is that there wasn't much in this match to make it either good or bad. Total domination of Cryme Tyme. JTG tries to comfort Shad as they both get to their feet. Shad grabs JTG round the throat and pushes him setting him up for the big boot.

The end of Cryme Tyme! I am so glad. The fact remains that they aren't good as a team and the gimmick is stale. Good Riddance.

Winners: John Morrison & R-Truth

Backstage Jack Swagger approaches Mickie James, Tony Atlas and Jesse. He looks at them and taps his championship until they all say "Congratulations". He then See's Shelton Benjimon and tells him "Maybe they should call me the gold standard." I would love a Swagger/Shelton match.

We are shown another review of the break-up of Cryme Tyme. Shad is shown backstage having an interview where he claims "Its my time".

The music of Drew McIntyre is played.

Match Number 3: Drew McIntyre Vs. Matt Hardy

Drew McIntyre attacked Matt Hardy before the match and delivers a Under-hook DDT to Matt Hardy. Drew stands over Matt with his championship in the air. I think it's safe to say Drew won this one. I'm slightly amazed as to why Vince didn't overrule Drew's loss to Taker. He's just a normal IC Champion now. Shame.

Winner: Drew McIntyre

We see another video package about Shawn Michaels and his farewell.

Vickie Guerrero is shown in her office with a necklace titled 'Cougar'. She is shown with Michelle and Layla. Vickie states that wrestlemania was amazing. But she is sad that the frogsplash by her is being called a hogsplash and she will rename it as the cougar splash.

In walks the World Champion, Jack Swagger. Michelle and Layla applaud him. Jack wants to know if Vickie has seen Teddy but she tells she is the consultant on Smackdown. Jack says he would like to make a State Of The Championship address tonight. Vickie congratulates him and allows him. Jack in return gives her a kiss. Michelle, Layla and Vickie giggle as Jack leaves. This push of Swaggers is interesting me alot.

Match Number 4: Great Khali Vs. Dolph Ziggler

Runjin Singh dances again as Khali makes his entrance. We are remembered that Khali is 420 pounds. The announcers play up the fact that Dolph probably won't be able to defeat Khali. However, As the match progresses Dolph is able to put the sleeper on Khali. Khali tries to do everything to get out of the move but he passes out. After the match, Khali informs us he's leaving WWE to go and rest back in India. He's just decided this without clearing it with Vince first? Very clever idea.. But i'm glad he's gone for a while anyway and we can all stop dancing uncontrollably during his entrance because he won't need one.

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

We see CM Punk walking backstage with Serena and Luke Gallows.

The "Smack of the night" is photos of Mysterio defeating Punk at wrestlemania.

CM Punk and gallows along with Serena walk to the ring. Luke tells everyone to open their eyes to listen because Punk is here to save them. I have to be honest, His first heel storyline with Hardy got me bored and i didn't watch any of his promos but as he develops now I find him and his storylines very interesting. Serena tells us to respect Punk and quite frankly, I do. He's trying to spread a good message and the fans in Las Vegas need to realise that rather than playing their little slot machines. Punk tells us that Las Vegas is the city that needs to be saved. Punk tells us in Las Vegas you can get an alcoholic beverage anytime you want. He says the town is a lie. He says the town is full of people lying to themselves. He says they are just like Rey Mysterio. This man is awesome and really can get heat from the crowd. Punk tells us Mysterio continues to lie to himself. Punk tells Rey that he needs to be straightedge. Punk tells us he wants a rematch. Punk says if he loses to Rey, He will lose his hair. Punk says that's how much he cares about Rey.

We go to commercial as Punk stands in the ring.

Match Number 5: Michelle McCool and Layla [With Vickie] Vs. Beth Phoenix and Tiffany

I love the entrance made by LayCool. The turn around thing where they show their ass is amazingly beautiful. Striker tells us he's attracted to Vickie, Oh Gawd. Tiffany is kinda getting better abit. Striker also tells us Beth is hot. The end happens when Layla misses a kick and Beth hits the GlamSlam. Vickie teases getting in the ring but Michelle pulls her out of the ring.

Winners: Beth Phoenix and Tiffany

Backstage, Chris Jericho catches up with Teddy Long. He demands the decision be reversed so he can get his title back. Tedd says he will not do that but asks Chris if he wants a rematch tonight. Chris says no because his ribs are hurt. Jericho says that Swagger will not get away with this.

Todd Grisham and Matt Striker talk about the Hart/McMahon match from sunday and we see a photo of the Hart Attack from the top turnbuckle to the floor.

Josh Matthews is shown with the Hart Dynasty. Jack Swagger appears.

Match Number 6: Kane Vs. David Otunga, Bryan Daniel, Heath Slater, Darren Young, Wade Barrett, Skip Sheffield, Michael Tarver and Justin Gabriel

Kane appears in the ring and tells us he's a frustrated monster and is getting bored. Kane tells us he needs to take his frustration out on someone. He says he will take it out on the entire NXT roster.

Bryan starts off with Kane. I like the fact they all teamed up on him then the ref rings the bell lol. The match just starts getting interesting and the ref rings the bell. All the NXT rookies run out the ring as Kane sits up. It's nice to see Kane get some time on Smackdown, Hopefully the return of his monster heel gimmick is soon.

Winner: Kane by DQ

Once the commercials are over "Did you know WWE are now up to 16 million views of the photos of the Undertaker/Michaels match." At a matter of fact, I didn't. I don't research things like that.

Jack Swagger approaches the ring. Jack tells us this is the first of many state of the addresses he will be giving. He thanks alot of people and tells us this is the best moment of our life. We are all witnesses to the moment Swagger becomes champion. He will be champion for along time so we need to give him respect.

Jericho comes out and demands the championship to be given back to him. He says Jack committed the biggest crime in WWE history because Swagger stole the title from him. Edge then appears. Jack leaves the ring as Edge arrives. Edge challenges Swagger to a match. He says if it wasn't for him, Jack wouldn't be champion. Jericho tells us Edge has no right to request a match. Edge tells Jericho to shut his mouth. Teddy Long comes out and has something to say. Teddy says Jericho Vs. Edge will wrestle for the right to face Swagger for the world title.

Swagger appears on the apron and distracts Edge long enough to allow Jericho to hit the codebreaker on Edge. Swagger gets in the ring and hits a doctor bomb on Jericho and Edge. Swagger stands over Edge and Jericho with the belt on his shoulder.

That image closest one of the best SDs this year imo.

soulpower

Reaction score
Not a lot of wrestling, but it was still a very exciting show. I'm looking forward to a rematch between Punk and Rey, and I hope that they get more THAN SIX F'N MINUTES THE NEXT TIME!

LKP

Reaction score
VERY Very good smackdown it had it all. New world champion, teams disbanding heel turn and a good product. If they keep this up on a Friday night wwe will have a new number one show. And raw can take a back seat. And if Orton gets traded to smackdown during the draft its going to get even better.

seX-Power

Reaction score
For a Smackdown with no matches above 'meh', it sure was entertaining.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Every single second of Jack Swagger = win. I like how they are making him serious business and not coming out doing push ups. I didn't mind that but I like the more asshole look when he walks.

seX-Power

Reaction score
He didn't act goofy once in that whole show. Wow.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Haven't seen the whole show but from what i have seen. It's been a pretty damn good show up to now. I will prob edit and add ti this once i have seen it all. SES just about to come on so im off