WWE signs ROH Champion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
World Wrestling Entertainment has signed Ring of Honor champion Tyler Black a contract, according to multiple sources within the company. At least one WWE source has indicated that Black will be starting officially with WWE in September. I believe Black will be signing a developmental deal, but I don't have that 100% confirmed.

Black, 26, has been with Ring of Honor since 2007 and won the ROH championship in February 2010 from Austin Aries, He is also a former ROH Tag Team champion.

Black has several title defenses scheduled for September, including the 9/11 Glory by Honor Internet PPV, where he will defend against Roderick Strong.

ROH owner Cary Silkin issued a "no comment" when contacted this morning about Black signing.

Big signing by WWE getting the ROH champion. Will WWE let him finish out his pre-booked dates or will the contract he signs prevent him from wrestling for ROH anymore? I hope that he can finish the dates he is booked for before moving on. Quite a few ROH signees have gone on to do well in WWE so all will be watching if Tyler Black can do the same. Maybe this will lead to WWE resigning Danielson as well since his three month no compete clause must be nearing the end.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Black was not getting the love Silken expected so well this is disappointing ROH will live. Look for Richards, Edwards, and Strong to carry the brand for now. Edwards may eventually wind up in the WWE as well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This very intresting, not that I want to see Black lose the belt in a hurry, but I think Strong is due his run with the ROH title.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Things get even more interesting with Roderick Strong having a tryout match with TNA this week before IMPACT. Tyler Black has the build and look that WWE like now but I have heard that his promos need a bit of work. His look reminds me of CM Punk when he signed with WWE.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I need to see more of him, but another knock on him is that his in-ring styles consists mainly of high spots. Out of the two Strong is in need of a fresh chellenge more, but then again the wa TNA is being run right now their likely to waste his talent.