WWE Royal Rumble 2016 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Rumble time!

#excite

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
FUCKING YES AJ STYLES

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Sami/Owens is my everything.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Sami/Owens is my everything.

True that.

Although, I think we're in store for some Styles/Owens and that is just too sweet.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
[MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] what did you about the end of the Royal Rumble? Final thoughts on the event?

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Fell asleep during the early stages of the Rumble but watched it when I woke back up this morning.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty solid show. I always love the Rumble, AJ coming out was amazing, I honestly didn't think he'd make his debut just yet. Miz coming out and going on commentary was great too.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION] what did you about the end of the Royal Rumble? Final thoughts on the event?
Gonna write something longer tomorrow, but big improvement on the last two years. Yet somehow has made me less excited about WM.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
I bet Henry and Swagger are glad they won the kick off match for that little time in the Royal Rumble.

IC Title match was real good. Owens stole the show and thinking about it, Dean really looked good too. Surviving Last Man Standing and being in the final two in the Royal Rumble.

US Title match was fine. Good to see Kalisto with the title. Hope it does not turn into a best of five or seven accidentally with Rio.

I really dislike that I don't care about the tag title match. The New Day are funny but it doesn't matter to me if I see them win or lose.

Love the video package for Divas title match. Really showed who was the heel and who was the babyface. I enjoy that.

Match cut out on me so can't really talk about the quality. Sasha getting involved is eh. Its muddy water at the moment but I'd love to see her as a babyface so I have "permission" to cheer her.

Problem is that I actually really enjoy Becky after the video package. She is an awesome babyface wanting to be a role model and such.

Great to see AJ in WWE. Rumble was fine, better than past years. Reigns walking away didn't make a lot of sense too. He could walk to the back, why not just walk to the ring. All of the interference eliminations suck too. I was surprised Lesnar didn't break someone's neck after being eliminated by guys who were not involved in the match anymore.

Also, why couldn't Reigns just come in and eliminate Triple H for best friend Ambrose? Would be helpful for someone to point out that Dean wants to fight his own battles when odds are even, and Reigns knows and respects that.

League could have also interfered to take out Dean. They also could have made sure Reigns was eliminated too instead of temporarily injuring him.

So I suppose there are a lot of illogical stuff in this Rumble, but I really did enjoy the match. The AJ Styles Clash whole night tease was great. Also loved Cole hyping him up.

Overall I liked the PPV. B or C grade.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Granted i've have zero interest in this feud but it's just crazy to me that it's 2016 and HHH is main eventing Mania as the champion. Like I get it, they want to use HHH as the guy to give Roman the big moment at Mania but could they have not at least come up with something that's a little different than what we saw 2 years prior? It's like they saw how awesome the Bryan/Authority angle was and they're just trying to recreate that angle with a guy they actually want as their top guy, except the reason why that feud was so great was because of how real it felt while this feud doesn't have any of that. The sooner they end this played out, garbage Authority angle the better.

I agree with you, but its no surprise really. HHH has all the power and despite the signs that his ego is a bit more in check in recent years I'm not convinced it really is. The current central booking plan just seems recycled from the late 90s without a plan b. Another problem is that they have not created enough top heels to do the job which HHH is doing with Roman.