WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Preview + LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Re: WWE Royal Rumble 2014 Preview + LIVE Discussion Thread

Flashes of last year when Cena won oh so predictably.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

And here comes the bitching and moaning.

Joey

Reaction score

And here comes the bitching and moaning.

Bitching and Moaning about what? That god awful RR? If it wasn't for Bryan/Wyatt - Rhodes/Outlaws tonight would have been a total shipwreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

I knew Batista would win. I'm not upset. I actually think Orton v. Batista is a match that has buzz.

It's the one match between the 2002 OVW call ups that hasn't been done yet at WrestleMania.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Bitching and Moaning about what? That god awful RR? If it wasn't for Bryan/Wyatt - Rhodes/Outlaws tonight would have been a total shipwreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No bitching and moaning that Batista won

Sabretooth

Reaction score

GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT ROMAN REIGNS ELIMINATED 12 SUPERSTARS

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT ROMAN REIGNS ELIMINATED 12 SUPERSTARS

You just found out? It was mentioned several times.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

I don't pay attention lol

The Viper

Reaction score

Eh fuck the WWE.

I'll still watch tho but the end pissed me off. I do love that Reigns was the runner up. He did great.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score

Wow. How in the hell could HHH n Company fuck up the Royal Rumble? REALLY? I guess the boos weren't loud enough. HHH couldn't hear them right? Yea. And this is the future of the WWE when Vince steps down? Fuck that. Where is Shane when you need him!!

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Wow. How in the hell could HHH n Company fuck up the Royal Rumble? REALLY? I guess the boos weren't loud enough. HHH couldn't hear them right? Yea. And this is the future of the WWE when Vince steps down? Fuck that. Where is Shane when you need him!!

Fcuk the crowd. Their one of those annoying crowds who boo unless they get what they want. Daniel Bryan was never gonna be in the rumble, Batista was always going to win. If they don't like it, then stop watching.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Fcuk the crowd. Their one of those annoying crowds who boo unless they get what they want. Daniel Bryan was never gonna be in the rumble, Batista was always going to win. If they don't like it, then stop watching.

Some of them probably will and if I could have gone I would have booed the fuck out of that too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Re: WWE Royal Rumble 2014 LIVE Discussion Thread

I really, really want Batista to win the rumble now.

Purely for the butthurt that'll be the result of it.

AND WHAT GLORIOUS BUTTHURT IT HAS BEEN *evil laugh*

In all seriousness, two sides to this.

1. As I said last night, DB was NEVER ANNOUNCED FOR THE MATCH. People getting upset when he wasn't number thirty is absolutely ridiculous and the fault of your own deluded imaginations. That being said however;

2. WWE need to WAKE THE FUCK UP. How many more main events do they need fans to shit all over to realise that people are sick and tired of the current status quo? How many more "Yes" chants do they need to figure out that this guy working the opening match and putting a guy over in order to work with Cena is the guy they should be pushing to the moon, not working as enhancement talent?

The last 10 minutes of the Royal Rumble was absolutely brutal to watch. I felt so bad for Mysterio, getting booed out the building simply because he wasn't Daniel Bryan. I can harp on about not being advertised, but the fact of the matter is this:

WWE is a business. Businesses are supposed to meet their customers needs and wants. Regardless of whatever was advertised, last night the PAYING CUSTOMERS wanted Daniel Bryan. And they got nothing. Last night, a business did not meet the needs and wants of it's customers, and those customers responded in force.

A lot of people seem to think Raw will be interesting tonight but here's the thing: Daniel Bryan upstaged the championship ceremony before TLC. WWE took note, ran one match with Orton, then continued on regardless. They put DB in a heel faction, realised their error, took note, then used him to put Bray Wyatt over before a Cena programme. WWE will acknowledge last night, take note, then move forward as always.

Postman Dave

Reaction score

Apologies for double posting, but I thought I'd put the positives in a separate post so they weren't overwhelmed by the negatives.

Bryan/Wyatt was good, REAL good. And the first two thirds of the rumble was real fun as always. Roman Reigns looks like a beast again, although my faith that WWE won't fuck him up is severely shaken.

NAO winning the tag belts in 2014 is weird as hell. It's a nice nostalgia win, but in a division with the Wyatt's, Shield, and Real Americans as heels, I can't help but be a little disappointed that they were the guys to unseat the Rhodes Boys. Good for them though, another tag title reign 14 years later is a hell of an achievement.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

Missed the show last night due to some family stuff but I watched this morning and....wow. Like most here, I thought Wyatt/Bryan was really, really good and easily one of the better WWE matches I've seen in some time. That being said, everything else last night sucked so hard I'm still amazed I sat through all of it without once pressing the fast forward button. It's sad when the entire crowd is shitting all over the show from the moment Orton/Cena started until the end of the Rumble. The only positive aspect I caught out of Cena/Orton was the fans chanting "WE WANT DIVAS". :lol:

As for the Rumble match itself, there's not much to say other than it's clear the fans (at least in Pittsburgh, which has awesome fans btw) weren't happy. Of course it doesn't matter what they think because WWE will continue to march to the beat of their own drum, whether its "best for business" or not. I really don't care at this point. I gave them a chance with the Rumble and they once again shit the bed, so thankfully Fuji's WWE experiment for 2014 is mercifully over and I can take solace in the fact that my Monday's are going to remain free. After all, I've got a sock drawer to re-organize and that seems more enticing than watching Raw right now.