• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well now I wouldn't say end of story...

TNA has no feuds with a marketability close to Cena/Rock. Nor do they have a more intense one. What's the best they have right now? Roode/Storm/Sting..? It's a nice feud but it doesn't even begin to touch Triple H vs. Taker, nevertheless CM Punk vs. Jericho or Rock vs. Cena. It's more on the level of Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show. Really, storyline heat is the main thing TNA is behind in, but to be fair, it is WrestleMania and all TNA's building towards is Lockdown (which, actually, seems to be their best PPV each year. But not their biggest either.)

I'm not really going to pick a definitive side, but WWE has edges over TNA, while TNA also has a couple of things over WWE.

Yeah exactly. Which do you think people rather see. John Cena vs The Rock or Bobby Roode vs Sting. Hulk Hogan vs Sting was probably bigger than Roode vs Storm now

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah exactly. Which do you think people rather see. John Cena vs The Rock or Bobby Roode vs Sting. Hulk Hogan vs Sting was probably bigger than Roode vs Storm now
I'd rather see Roode/Storm at LockDown then Cena/Rock at 'Mania. True story.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'd rather see Roode/Storm at LockDown then Cena/Rock at 'Mania. True story.

Same here, and honestly, they've built it up enough to give me way more interest in the match. That's probably just me, but again, this is all opinion based. TNA does what they can with the stars they have while WWE flounders away with their talent (for the most part).

Considering the vast amount of resources WWE has over TNA, you'd think they would look absolutely brilliant by comparison, but they don't, and that is why I think TNA is the better company right now. They do more with infinitely less than WWE can do with all their influence.

Reactions: 1 person

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Same here, and honestly, they've built it up enough to give me way more interest in the match. That's probably just me, but again, this is all opinion based. TNA does what they can with the stars they have while WWE flounders away with their talent (for the most part).

Considering the vast amount of resources WWE has over TNA, you'd think they would look absolutely brilliant by comparison, but they don't, and that is why I think TNA is the better company right now. They do more with infinitely less than WWE can do with all their influence.

Yeah TNA is better but I rather see Cena/Rock than Roode/Storm

W-olf

Reaction score

Well take into account your counting WWE's biggest build up of the year . And Tna's is Not until June there is always variable .

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ

TNA would be perfect if they'd just git out of the goddamned Impact Zone with those shitty Florida tourists.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
TNA would be perfect if they'd just git out of the goddamned Impact Zone with those shitty Florida tourists.

YEAH REALLY. TNA IS FUCKING Blue. WWE FUCKING HOSTS THERE SHOWS IN A DIFFERENT CITY EVERY WEEK. TNA STAYS IN ORLANDO FOR ALL THEIR SHOWS AND PAY PER VIEWS. HOW THE FUCK DO THEY EXPECT TO BE THE BIGGER COMPANY. IDIOTS

Swinny

Reaction score
So, this was the best I've seen John Cena in YEARS. I really hope this John Cena sticks around and it's not just 'cause he's in Boston. Much more hyped for this match after tonight.

W-olf

Reaction score
If it was enough to make you want to purchase WM they did there job hehe .

EWN

After RAW went off the air this week, WWE Champion CM Punk and John Cena defeated Kane and Chris Jericho. Punk hit the GTS on Jericho while Cena hit the Attitude Adjustment on Kane and pinned him.

As noted earlier, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels will be on next week’s RAW from Cleveland, Ohio.

Also announced for RAW next week, John Cena and The Rock will appear in a rap-off and sing-a-long competition. It is being billed as "The Rock concert and John Cena rap." That should be .......... interesting.

The Viper

Reaction score
YEAH REALLY. TNA IS FUCKING Blue. WWE FUCKING HOSTS THERE SHOWS IN A DIFFERENT CITY EVERY WEEK. TNA STAYS IN ORLANDO FOR ALL THEIR SHOWS AND PAY PER VIEWS. HOW THE FUCK DO THEY EXPECT TO BE THE BIGGER COMPANY. IDIOTS

As already stated, not sure if TNA expects to be the bigger company at any point in time.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I can see an argument for TNA being the better company based on propotionality. They've got more goodness-per-dollar than WWE maybe, but if you strip away that TNA is the smaller company, WWE still has the superior product to me and in general in terms of production value, sensibility, and of course, ratings. I like TNA just as much as WWE, but at the same time, I don't think TNA has the same steam as WWE right now, straight up. And that's just another thing to chalk up to cash, but honestly, ROH runs better storylines than TNA at some points and they've got EVEN LESS money. Although, I can't lie... every now and then ROH also has a few storylines that beat WWE's, but less than those who beat TNA's. I think TNA has made some good strides in creating star power with Bobby Roode and James Storm. Sting's star power speaks for itself, but TNA just misses "it" so I don't know if it'll ever top WWE as a whole. There's just something about TNA that seems to B-League. It might be smaller crowds or smaller names, but it just doesn't seem like the stars are on the same level as WWE's to me. But it's all just a matter of preference. I enjoy glitz and glam that WWE presents, but I can also enjoy the cult-ness of a low production show like ROH's or PWG's. TNA is somewhere in the middle and I think because it falls short of being high profile like WWE but is beyond the point of ROH, it seems akward. They pretty much seem like a company trying and failing to be big leaguers (although they are in fact big leaguers). I think that's why I liked their UK shows so much. That set was off the chain and the audience was at least twice what you see in the Impact Zone. It evoked a feeling of star power...

Anyways, I've already forgotten what the topic was. I know I went way off base with that entire paragraph I was just trying to summarize what set WWE and TNA apart for me.

Anyways...

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Viper, you really need to change your name to John Kerry.

W-olf

Reaction score
LMAO I am just now seeing the Kicked In the Penis LOL .

Postman Dave

Reaction score
watching this shizz now

- Great promo again by HBK & HHH, but I have an issue here that I'll go into later
- Santino winning the US title was a great moment, and instantly has already had a better title reign than Jack Swagger and his stupid haircut. Santino is over like rover, and his recent successes (battle royal win, 2nd in EC, 3rd in another battle royal) means that is he credible IMO
- Zack Ryder is such a loser. WWE have absolutely gutted any chance he has of being legit
- Not to sound like a smarky dick here, but surely there are some NXT guys or jobbers lying around to lose to Kane & Big Show in less than a minute? Do we have to keep using guys like Miz (who'll undoubtly be called upon for a title program in the next 6 months) and R-Truth for this purpose?
- #RockRevolution
- That said, I'm getting a bit bored of the amount of talking involved in the two main events. As good as everyone involved is, I need to see some action soon.