• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
I just watched Clays debut... didn't anyone expect that to be the way he debuted? I know it's the complete opposite of what I assumed his deal would be. I think I love him now though, way cooler then the usual "I'm giant and I shall destroy you!" thing, but Henry and Big Vis have tried stuff like this only to be looked at as a joke. Wasn't Brodus supposed to be a huge deal?
Hawkins on Raw though! But a squash? Come on, that doesn't help the Hawkins & Reks team! They need to be in tag matches on Raw! Jericho never spoke again? People still cheered him? He cried? This stuff is so awesome yet frustrating! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ANYMORE!!!

The Viper

Reaction score
I just watched Clays debut... didn't anyone expect that to be the way he debuted? I know it's the complete opposite of what I assumed his deal would be. I think I love him now though, way cooler then the usual "I'm giant and I shall destroy you!" thing, but Henry and Big Vis have tried stuff like this only to be looked at as a joke. Wasn't Brodus supposed to be a huge deal?
Hawkins on Raw though! But a squash? Come on, that doesn't help the Hawkins & Reks team! They need to be in tag matches on Raw! Jericho never spoke again? People still cheered him? He cried? This stuff is so awesome yet frustrating! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ANYMORE!!!

About the Jericho part, I said this earlier in the thread, I understand what they're going for with Jericho and I loved it last week but good lord, I got so annoyed last night after that segment. I'm still interested, but you're right, it is getting frustrating. I really, really hope this leads to something NOT disappointing.

Castiel

Reaction score
I have no clue what exactly is could be leading to though, and that's what worries me!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Erm, I haven't watched the show yet but I heard Zack Ryder changed a tire? And Brodus Clay is doing a pseudo-Flash Funk gimmick? Wow, sounds like a damn trainwreck to me, can't wait to check it out this afternoon on the replay.

The Viper

Reaction score
Erm, I haven't watched the show yet but I heard Zack Ryder changed a tire? And Brodus Clay is doing a pseudo-Flash Funk gimmick? Wow, sounds like a damn trainwreck to me, can't wait to check it out this afternoon on the replay.

I thought the show was really bad but Brodus Clay was fucking excellent. It was entertaining. His match was a squash (AGAINST CURT HAWKINS) but he was fantastic even during the match. His mannerisms. Everything was great.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'm hoping Brodus has a new ridiculous gimmick every week at the order of Johnny Ace so he can help "get him over". That's the only way in my head this "Flash Funk" shit is justified.

But hey, Clay was trending on Twitter, I guess that makes this uncomprehensible shit acceptable huh?

EDIT: If I'm to give any credit to this, it's for bringing back Ernest Millers's WWE theme. That shit is great.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm sorry but that Brodus Clay segment was atrocious.

I won't mind it though it though if it's as Fuji suggests. Big Johnny slapping him with a lame duck gimmick week to week good be a fun train wreck angle.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It really does reek of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Clay looked like he was having a ball out there so as long as he stays committed to the gimmick he'll be okay, but anyone expecting a major push for him can kiss that goodbye for now.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I just started watching the full show and its nice to see TNA isn't the only company that does the backstage brawl thing.