WWE Raw LIVE Discussion Thread 4/1/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Actually Paul's family isn't ok with it and that is the only thing I care about
They gave their permission to WWE ahead of time. Maybe it came across different than they thought it would on TV but what's done is done.

WrestleMania is this Sunday and it will be over with. I only hope the payoff is worth it come match time.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

But they are...

If they didn't know what they were getting into they shouldn't have signed off on it.

WWE is kayfabe, CM Punk is not really some cruel senseless human being who would like nothing better than to destroy the memory of Paul Bearer.

The Viper

Reaction score

So, even if you thought it's entertaining (whether you did or didn't, I don't know), as long as Paul's family doesn't approve, that changes your perspective on it?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So, even if you thought it's entertaining (whether you did or didn't, I don't know), as long as Paul's family doesn't approve, that changes your perspective on it?
I get where Jake is coming from and I kind of agree. It doesn't have to do with the entertainment factor. If they don't approve, it shouldn't be done period. That doesn't mean I don't find it entertaining. I rather they have respect for a dead person's family than be entertained.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I get where Jake is coming from and I kind of agree. It doesn't have to do with the entertainment factor. If they don't approve, it shouldn't be done period. That doesn't mean I don't find it entertaining. I rather they have respect for a dead person's family than be entertained.
The thing is they did approve. They just changed their minds when they saw it on TV. There's nothing WWE can do it about it now.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Looks like they were fine with it. My only issue is if they said one thing and did another which is what the reports this morning are what it made it look like. You guys know I have no limits so rubbing the "ashes" of Paul Bearer all over yourself doesn't offend me. But I hate liars but like I said looks like everything is fine so it's biz as usual never mind me.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The thing is they did approve. They just changed their minds when they saw it on TV. There's nothing WWE can do it about it now.

I realize that, I was just answering Viper's post asking if whether their approval changed the way we perceived the entertainment.

The Viper

Reaction score
I guess I get that if the family doesn't approve, it shouldn't be done. If Vickie or the rest of Eddie's family didn't approve of Orton saying Eddie is a heel, then they should have never done it (despite that comment being a little unnecessary and very controversial) so this could fall under the same category but they did approve, they were just mislead somehow.

I don't think that's the WWE's fault.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Like I said it seems his son is fine with it and what was done is what he signed off on...it was just misreported (shocker) this morning...

I am cool with it as long as no one told them they were gonna do one thing then turned around and did another

The Viper

Reaction score
That would be such a dick move. I know Vince likes to do whatever he wants, no matter what, just judging by past history, but I can not see them getting his kids' approval for something not THAT bad, then turning around and doing something completely different.

His kids had to have been mislead or read the script wrong. I don't know. It's a little odd.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That would be such a dick move. I know Vince likes to do whatever he wants, no matter what, just judging by past history, but I can not see them getting his kids' approval for something not THAT bad, then turning around and doing something completely different.

His kids had to have been mislead or read the script wrong. I don't know. It's a little odd.
There really wouldn't have been any point to WWE asking the family's permission for the angle if he was going to do something different entirely.

If that was the case he would have just done it and not bothered asking anyone for their approval. He certainly has never needed to before.

The Viper

Reaction score
There really wouldn't have been any point to WWE asking the family's permission for the angle if he was going to do something different entirely.

If that was the case he would have just done it and not bothered asking anyone for their approval. He certainly has never needed to before.

That's exactly right. If they were gonna do something different than proposed from the very start, just cut out the middle man, don't ask for permission and just do it. That's why I'm not blaming WWE for this "mistake". If it even was that.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Vince can be a real piece of shit, it's been we'll documented :lol: I just hope Paul's kids weren't offended.

The Viper

Reaction score
Vince can be a real piece of shit, it's been we'll documented :lol: I just hope Paul's kids weren't offended.

If they were, I do expect an apology. Even though it's not the WWE's fault the kids were misinformed or read a script differently and expected something else.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If they were, I do expect an apology. Even though it's not the WWE's fault the kids were misinformed or read a script differently and expected something else.

"We're going to have Punk dump the ashes on Undertaker"

I'm not sure how much more straightforward that is. For the kids to misinterpret it, it must have been something totally different