WWE RAW 8th August 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WWE-RAW-LOGO.png

Last week on RAW Triple H resolved the WWE Championship situation by booking John Cena vs. CM Punk at SummerSlam to determine the undisputed WWE Champion. RAW closed with Punk and Cena holding their belts high both declaring that they are the true champion. What will happen this week between these two?

In other happenings Kofi Kingston might potentially be starting a feud with Alberto Del Rio after he saved Bourne from a Del Rio attack. Could we see a match between these two at SummerSlam?

Beth Phoenix turned heel after winning a title shot at SummerSlam. What will Beth do this week?

Will anymore matches be made for SummerSlam? Kofi vs. Del Rio, Morrison vs. Truth, Mysterio vs. Miz, Ziggler vs. Riley?

Be sure to join in the discussion before, during and after RAW.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Unfortunately I won't be watching, well I'll try to off my iPhone 'cos I'm going away for a few days. I'll either read live updates of the show and watch it on Friday or so.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Its been a couple of weeks for me, and with this being the last raw before Summerslam think I will be a part of this tomorrow night.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Announced for RAW:

*WWE champion(s) CM Punk and John Cena will sign the contract for their Summerslam main event.

*Punk and Cena will both be in action, the first time Punk has wrestled on Raw since winning the WWE title at Money in the Bank.

I guess they needed Punk to wrestle again since it has been a few weeks but I would have thought it would have been more special if Punk didn't wrestle again until the PPV. Be interesting to see who they are matched up against. Maybe Miz and Rey Mysterio?

I will be online for the show.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I will be online now that I'm not going anywhere.

I see Punk vs. Mysterio happening and Del Rio vs. Cena (Why?) I don't know but I don't see Morrison or R-Truth wrestling, I see some big promo before a brawl having security stop them and announcing it for Summerslam (I believe it's not announced yet?)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was thinking that Morrison and Truth would face Punk and Cena but then they have done that same job on Smackdown against the champion and contender. I would have Miz and Mysterio since there are basically the next in line for the title so would be seen as the biggest threats. Plus they both have history with Punk and Cena.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I don't wanna see a tag match, not after last week's poor booking. I believe Morrison needs to cut a promo, he lacks mic-wise and for him to promo on R-Truth or something would help him and really get people into the feud. A tag match won't. Would like to see Rey vs. Cena and maybe Del Rio vs. Punk (Yes both are heels) but this would be something we want to see with Rey not happy about not getting his rematch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would still think that Miz vs. Punk and Mysterio vs. Cena is the way they will go.

Not sure what Morrison and Truth will do on this show. They need to do more on RAW and I wouldn't mind if Morrison was given some time to cut a promo or even just have a backstage interview with him.

I would like to see the tag team champions defending their titles on the show as well, last week there was barely any wrestling on RAW so they need to make up for it this week with at least five matches and none of those two minute matches.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Morrison/Truth promo will be enough for me.

Would like Riley/Ziggler promo to give more time, maybe a match that if Riley wins he gets a shot at the US title? Bourne distracts Ziggler allowing Riley to win, could work here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I want that match to be on the SummerSlam card but I don't know if they will have room for it. There has to be another confrontation between those two to follow up from last week. Not sure if Bourne will get involved in that or something with Del Rio/Kingston.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I see Ziggler/Riley happening for RAW after Summerslam but a promo between JoMo & Truth would work to announce their match.

If I see another Kofi/Del Rio match then I'll be annoyed, yes their matches are good but it's gone on every single week. Maybe The Miz & Del Rio vs. Bourne & Kofi?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well Kingston ran out to save Bourne from Del Rio so they have to follow it up with something this week. Maybe Swagger & Del Rio vs. Kofi & Bourne?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Forgot about Swagger seeing he's hardly used. That could work...

Who did Drew McIntyre piss off 'cos he hasn't been on Superstars nor RAW lately.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At least McIntyre isn't fired. Look at Masters, he was on Superstars regularly against Swagger yet he is fired. McIntyre will hopefully start being used but RAW rarely use their midcard wrestlers well.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I'm never allowed to be a part of these due to living on the West Coast, so I get to see Raw after like everybody else. But I'll put in my comments before the show from now one.

Things I'm looking forward to tonight:

The furthering of Zack Ryder. Hes been on 2 weeks in a row. Thats like a record! Maybe another tag bout tonight with Santino. Maybe even a promo.

Riley and Ziggler. They really got me interested last week. Would love to see Riley go for the gold.

Evan Bourne is another that has been being used regularly now, which I love. I think the Swagger/Del Rio vs. Kofi/Bourne is a good idea.

I hope McGulicutty and Otunga start to get used more.

Wanna see Drew with a match.

Maybe start up a Rey Mysterio story with the Miz, Miz needs something to do.

And finally, I have no idea what to think about the whole Punk, Cena, Trips deal. It's always a mystery.