WWE RAW 30th April 2012 LIVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why is Orton vs Punk the better match up? We got that last year, so why have it again so soon? espescially considering the Punk didn't get the upperhand much in the feud.

Beacuse Orton is the best wrestler in the business, and is infinitely more interesting than a 5ft 3 dwarf getting a push on the back of a one word catchphrase.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Beacuse Orton is the best wrestler in the business, and is infinitely more interesting than a 5ft 3 dwarf getting a push on the back of a one word catchphrase.

Orton is the best Wrestling in the business? Lol sorry but that is the biggest load of bull I have heard in a long time. Orton is good, but he's not the best.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Theres nobody better.

Maybe watching ROH and jap wrestling has tought you that a ton of kicks & chops = GREAT FUCKING TECHNICAL WRESTLING, but in the real world, ie, the WWE, you need more than that.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Theres nobody better.

Maybe watching ROH and jap wrestling has tought you that a ton of kicks & chops = GREAT FUCKING TECHNICAL WRESTLING, but in the real world, ie, the WWE, you need more than that.

I know right, throwing hissyfits in the ring because someone didn't do there spot the way you wanted it done, makes you the next Shawn Michaels.

Orton has great timing, but to say he is the best in the business is stretching it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, I don't even watch Ring Of Honor/Indies so yeah. I get Wrestling you need more then that, but you also need to be able to carry yourself well and cut a decent promo majority of the time. Punks promos outshine any of Orton's recent ones, and I'd go as far as saying that at his best D-Bry can cut a better promo then Orton, which sends me to sleep. Not only that but Orton's attitude isn't exactly the best to make him the best in the business.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's more realistic than the indies, yes.

ROH try so hard to be like MMA they are actually going the opposite direction and look faker as a result.

I mean when it takes 17 Canadian Destroyers off the top rope through a burning table just to get a 2 count on Davey Richards, then the match ends by a punch to the heart, its kind of hammy to watch.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I don't know about you guys, but I'd pay to see a guy kick out of 17 Canadian Destroyers through a flaming table, that'd be special.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Would say wwe fining a guy 500 k which is probably more than Sheamus makes, a midget going through a wall like a cartoon, Taker and Kane's paranormal powers, giving birth to hands, etc kinda fuck up that argument.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't know about you guys, but I'd pay to see a guy kick out of 17 Canadian Destroyers through a flaming table, that'd be special.

I wouldn't.

Being able to kick out of everything doesn't make you special, it makes you a mark for yourself.

Learn to sell Davey ffs.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Would say wwe fining a guy 500 k which is probably more than Sheamus makes, a midget going through a wall like a cartoon, Taker and Kane's paranormal powers, giving birth to hands, etc kinda fuck up that argument.

Would you rather watch that, or a show where every match is basically a carbon copy of Lesnar/Cena but re-inacted by vanilla midgets adding a few extra meaningless flips in there. Plus it looks like it's shot on a camera phone in a school gym with 50 fans who all look like Jonah Hill pre-weight loss.

I'd try and cite an example of their storylines but they don't have any, every feud is "grrrrrr I am intense and you must respect my honor". Steve Blackman sounds like The Rock on the mic compared to those guys.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Does this mean Rey should never win a match then you know cause he's all small and shit and Big Show should never lose?

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

You forgot Austin this. 13 minutes in

[video=youtube;2d_fIg7A7qE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d_fIg7A7qE&feature=relmfu[/video]

Would you rather watch that, or a show where every match is basically a carbon copy of Lesnar/Cena but re-inacted by vanilla midgets adding a few extra meaningless flips in there. Plus it looks like it's shot on a camera phone in a school gym with 50 fans who all look like Jonah Hill pre-weight loss.

I'd try and cite an example of their storylines but they don't have any, every feud is "grrrrrr I am intense and you must respect my honor". Steve Blackman sounds like The Rock on the mic compared to those guys.

Shows how much you know about what goes on in the indies.

[video=youtube;1uEItmSP2mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uEItmSP2mg[/video]

BANG STORY LINE

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Everyone knows that those guys on the indies would much rather be selling tadpole splashes and dancing with the Funkasaurus then barely make 50 bucks in a gym.

They are not marks.

Seems like Smark is the new mark.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Everyone knows that those guys on the indies would much rather be selling tadpole splashes and dancing with the Funkasaurus then barely make 50 bucks in a gym.

They are not marks.

Seems like Smark is the new mark.

How is that relevant? Just because they would rather be in WWE does not mean that they can't do amazing things wherever they are.