WWE RAW 27th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Which speaking of Sal very much looking forward to seeing what he has to say in his review on The Rock promo since I actually can't recall his overall views on Rock.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well neither is the whole fruity pebbles, lady parts, etc stuff to be fair tho. I thought tonight he put a nice twist on it with separating Dwayne from Rock.
I didn't mean it like that really. I meant that Cena has done the whole moviestar, Dwayne and him never been here insult so in order for the feud to move forward, Cena needs to bring something fresh the next promo he cuts because if he doesn't then we're just going to get the both of them using the same insults through to Mania which will blow.

I mean I get they are in business with them or whatever but I still just can't deal with it. They've calmed down on it in comparison to how they were doing it months ago and then Rock had to comeback and overload the shit back up in one promo.
I dunno you know, there was that one week they didn't have no Twitter references on the show but it's come back heavy the last few weeks which the Punk/Brown stuff and even before Rock got on screen last night it was plastered all over. Finally...

:twitter::twitter::twitter::twitter::twitter:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I agree they both need to bring something new to the table next time they met just seemed like you were only putting that on Cena and not Rock too. Last night Cena kinda somewhat switched it up and made it fit as a perfect reply to Rock so didn't have an issue with it.

And as far as the twitter thing goes it did kind of comeback strong just not as strong when they really started to get insane with it like having a match over the trending superstar of the year or whatever it was.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Guess if I ever wanted to jokingly say Triple H is a better mic worker than Rock (Which may be unpopular but I think he is) I could say Triple H cuts 20 minute promos all the time and doesn't need notes on his wrist, lol.
Triple H is definitely better. Most people tend to view wrestlers with a ton of catchphrases as being the best mic workers, but that's not entirely true. Rock is a great speaker, but Triple H is just more believable. He isn't always hyping himself either.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think he is better because he is a complete mic worker face or heel. Rock can do serious promos but he did tend to lean on his catchphrases too much sometimes. Triple H doesn't need to really do that at all and knows how to put over a feud and a match as good as anybody. Also think he fully gets it when it comes to when to be serious and when to add in comedy. Not saying Triple hasn't had his share of corny jokes but still.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think HHH is probably the best mic worker they have ever had as a total package. Rock's main problem is that the people hang on his words and sometimes force him to doing something silly because they get so hooked in his delivery. When it comes time though to sell a serious feud or slightly comical one, I'll give the stick to Trips and let him work because he is that damn good at it

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
That is kind of true about sometimes being forced to do comedy more and it was evident yesterday. What was also evident yesterday however is he doesn't have that off the top of his head snap back to counteract anything you say with substance. After Cena busted him out he just started going to his basic mic work.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Think that comes from being away so long at times.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I too agree on HHH being a better mic worker, even back ten years ago The Rock was decent on the mic but never really connected further. Where as Stone Cold Steve Austin and HHH really brought out the feuds and made it interesting. Last night's promo from The Rock wasn't impressive and for him to write notes on his wrist is just an all time low. If I was Cena, I would have said... "Forgot your lines"? Or really stepped up, while Cena made his point and got it across I felt that The Rock needs to improve quickly on his promos and really stop the corny jokes.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
:lmao at people thinking the notes weren't deliberate.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You seriously think Rock would purposely embarrass himself to give Cena ammo against himself? That doesn't make any sense.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
HHH is good on the mic. You don't need catchphrases to be the best mic worker, even ask Rowdy Roddy Piper. At Piper's age, the guy gets me emotional with his promos.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
You seriously think Rock would purposely embarrass himself to give Cena ammo against himself? That doesn't make any sense.

Yes. I think that The Rock having notes written on his arm was deliberate so Cena could call him out on it (what else could Cena call him out on to look strong for this promo?) and get an upper hand on Rocky. The Rock is an actor as well, so why wouldn't he be able to remember his parts? Just think about it. It gave Cena something to come out and "shoot" on. The Rock had been delivering promos long before Cena started in WWE, and did we ever see that before?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If that was the only thing Cena could say to get the upperhand on Rock then this feud is in trouble for the build. I think you're vastly underrating Cena's mic skills to think he needed to be fed something by Rock just so he could get the upper hand. That wasn't the only thing that Cena had to shoot on as this whole feud has been about shooting so I don't get your point on that. I would believe it more that it was something that they came up with together if it wasn't for how awkward the promo seemed to end after Cena's part. If it was pre planned then interesting way to go but I'm leaning toward it being something that was on the fly.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I dunno, but the expression on Rock's face after Cena called him on those notes changed in a big hurry. Wouldn't be surprised if that legitimately irritated him.

Of course, it always could have been scripted, but it seems a little unlikely Rock would have intentionally done that to make his entire speech seem silly after Cena called him on it.