WWE RAW 25th July 2011 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
20110718_raw_rey_miz_l.jpg

Starting this early because there is so much to talk about and I am pumped for this episode.

Confirmed for the show:

The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio to crown a new WWE champion

This is the first RAW with HHH in charge so will there be any noticeable changes?

Will there be a new WWE title belt?
Who will win the title?
Will Zac Ryder be used on RAW now that it has a new owner?

This is going to be a good RAW, the way the last RAW ended set this up beautifully.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have another question.

Do you think that HHH will get rid of the anonymous GM?

Once there is a response or two I will give my thoughts.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No response yet so I will answer the questions I posed first.

There will be a few changes made to make it look like HHH has put his stamp on his show. I expect that the show will open with HHH explaining what happened and announcing some changes to RAW.

I think that there will be a new WWE title design revealed. They can't use a replica of the current one because it cheapens the title since it isn't the real thing, Punk holds the real title. So because of that they need a new design and HHH can reveal it before the title match on RAW.

As for the winner, I am going to go with Rey Mysterio winning the title and giving the crowd a happy moment with the new title. I don't mind either guy winning it but I have a feeling it will be Mysterio.

I do think that Ryder will be used this week on RAW. Triple H will say that now that he is in charge he will be using guys like Ryder who were ignored by Vince.

I also think that he will get rid of the Anonymous GM. He won't reveal who it is, he will just remove it and say that he is in charge from now on.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I won't be staying up for this, this week, as after such a great PPV last week, the raw which followed it was very flat, plus I need to catch up on some sleep. Still with the new direction promosed under HHH, and the title still being vacant I will tune into the repeat later in the week, and then post my comments here.

To answer some of the questions

I think they will introduce a new title belt.

I have a feeling there won't be a winner in the final for the WWE Title, just have a feeling this is something they are going to drag out until Summerslam maybe.

Do not think they will scrap the ARGM, although I expect HHH at some stage to issue a challenge for him or her to make them selfs known. I just think that if they simply kicked it to the curb after all these months, without the fans even finding out who it is, then it would make the whole thing a little pointless.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
With the GM I just can't see how anyone announced would make sense and it would be worse if they tried to put someone in the role. It would b better if HHH just fires him and they scrap the concept, the fans will be happy since it was an annoying addition.

They have announced that the Mysterio vs. Miz match is happening and it would be bad if they delay it yet again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I hope he gets rid of the anonymous GM, that gimmick ran its course a year ago.

Trips said it was a clean slate at Comicon so hoping it's like that. Or would appear to be anyways. Just want to watch a show with wrestling. Seems to have been more in ring action since Triple H stepped into the executive position.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
There should be a few changes with Trips "in charge". Expect a new title and if there is a new champ I'd think Mysterio wins it. The only way I see the GM thing ending is if Trips says it's him. I don't think he will be on the show every week so it probably stays. Don't expect too much in Raw anymore and that's probably why I enjoy it more often than not, because my expectations are low.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^Maybe HHH could say that the GM was actually Vince that it was one of his crazy ideas and that was another reason he had to step down?

Even if HHH isn't on RAW each week I don't think they need to have someone actually be the GM. There shouldn't be a need for a GM to make a decision every week. Anyway HHH will be backstage every RAW so they may as well use him as the GM. Or he could give the role to someone like Regal.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That would make alot of sense, and besides that. If Triple H is going to have a role on the show. There shouldn't be another authority figure to contradict him. This isn't TNA.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
This is the first RAW with HHH in charge so will there be any noticeable changes? There will be a few changes made, what changes? I'm unsure but I do see HHH being on TV for a couple of months to get things underway.

Will there be a new WWE title belt? Hopefuly yes.

Who will win the title? Mysterio but Del Rio will cash in, sets up a triple threat.

Will Zack Ryder be used on RAW now that it has a new owner? No. He will be on Superstars. HHH has been part of creative control for some time. I do expect Ryder/Santino to team up on RAW however, looks like Vladimir is going to go his own way or something now which is weird.

Will the GM be scrapped? Yes, HHH reveals it was Vince's idea... As above post.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I just think that fans would want something to happen at the end of the ARGM angle, yes it has become annoying and drawn out, but every long running angle should lead to something. I am not saying that it should be a long run thing, just that HHH calls whoever it is out, they reveal themselfs, and then we get like a min-feud for a week or two just to tie it all up.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Just two minutes left;

– Reigning Florida Heavyweight Champion Bo Rotundo worked a dark match prior to tonight’s Raw taping in Hampton, Virginia. He defeated Primo.

Nice to see Bo used in the dark match, possible call up to the roster soon? Haven't seen much of his work however.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
WWE Title already?

We get the same old spinner belt... FUCK!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
What the hell no new belt. Still don't think they're crowning a "new" champ tonight.

TheZig

Reaction score
I might be mistaken but did i just see Skip Sheffield with the Raw roster backstage?