WWE RAW 23rd April 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wait i know what the chain was for

[video=youtube;oKzN0ou618A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKzN0ou618A[/video]

Brock totally no sold it :side:

Good find. What a different Cena that was compared to the guy that is on tv now.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
was beth phoenix legit injured ?it sure looked like it.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Even an injured Beth is a better champion.

This is relevant right? Okay.

[video=youtube;SjiTdfpQXQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SjiTdfpQXQc[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You guys forgot about Punk's awesome fake being drunk segment.

AF.

Reaction score
Kinda boring RAW. Wasn't expecting anything spectacular.

CM Punk being fake drunk was probably the only thing I enjoyed really.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I hate how everyone just kisses Brocks ass. I never liked him in the first place, and that contract signing was made boring by him. I mean, seriously, how many times do you need to repeat the same thing. He talked for like 10 minutes, and said the same thing....disappointing. I hope Cena wins, so bad.

Raw was good though. The CM Punk segment was one of the funniest I've seen in a long time. I love this feud. Has an "attitude" era feel to it.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I agree the CM Punk segment was good. I knew that was coming. He did mess up on the backwards alphabet when he was trying to be perfect, but it was all good anyway.

I have renewed distaste for Tensai. His character simply doesn't work for me at all. I hope he pops a Tic Tac before doing all of that breathing crap he does.

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I wasn't overly impressed with the 3-hour Raw and I felt the last 45 minutes or so really dragged. But it's hard to follow the last few weeks.

Definitely enjoyed the Jericho/Kofi match, very unexpected treat that was.

Every week I laugh harder and harder at the whole Rosa/Primo/Epico team or whatever they are. Bless Rosa's heart, she tries so hard, so very friggin hard to make that team at least somewhat interesting, but no matter how much torture she puts her pelvis through by throwing her hips around in every direction they can possibly go, it just doesn't work. At all. :lmao

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
IMO the Punk - Jericho segment sucked, I wasn't laughing, I was cringing... poor go home show promo.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Nothing about the Jericho/Punk feuds reminds me about the attitude era.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Didn't think that much to the contract signing. It really dragged on and with the exception of the suggustion that Lesnar might actually have power in terms of running the show, nothing else interesting happened. Also a lot of it didn't make sense. Who was the heel of the segment? It certainly didn't seem to be the GM. Also why was Cena late coming out? That was never explained, why did he let Lesnar talk so long? And on the subject of Cena being made to look weak, it was odd that he just let his rival make those kinds of demands and gain so much power.

The funny thing is I still expect Cena to win on Sunday that just seems to be the way the story is going.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
You guys forgot about Punk's awesome fake being drunk segment.

Haha, I guess we did. That was one of the best parts of the show. I'm sure I would have proved I could say the alphabet backwards drunk if I would have remembered that.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Personally, I really enjoyed the vast majority of RAW which is quite a surprise because 3 hour RAW's are usually littered with pointless bullshit.

The contract signing tease up first was quite good and played into Brock's whole doing things on his terms. Edge's promo on Cena was pretty good, but like someone mentioned in here I think it could have been even more intense if they had Edge push Cena around a bit or slap him, but that might of come off too heelish. Hopefully Cena loses and they in some way shape or form continue this little angle of trying to get the real Cena back.

Kofi/Jericho was very good and would love to see an outright feud between the two with mic time for Kofi too. What got me thinking though is that these guys have faced off a few times now while Punk/Jericho has been feuding so I personally (obviously being a Kofi fan) think it would have been great to bring the real life friendship up between Kofi/Punk and how they travel together and been tag champs together. It could have added an extra later to the feud with Jericho sending a message to Punk by taking out someone close to him etc. Like I said, they seemed to have faced off a few times already, so why not have it actually mean something instead of just a match between Kofi and Jericho. Nice promo to follow the match.

Josh's face when he received the liquor basket was awesome.

Tensai beating Truth was just meh. From John Cena to R-Truth, massive stepdown. Hopefully he gets a proper feud after Extreme Rules.

Really good Kane/Orton promo and further added to Kane's character with him not giving a shit about Paul Bearer :)mark:) Nice little preview of Extreme Rules too with the Orton attack.

ADR & Cody vs Show & Khali. Shouldn't have enjoyed this but for some reason I really did. Thought it was fun.

Poor Josh, from being over the moon with a free liquor basket, to getting his ass kicked by Brock :(

Eve is going to be absolutely horrendous in this role, she couldn't look she's trying to force her act anymore if she tried.

Like the tag match earlier, I enjoyed the Divas match and was pleasantly surprised to see it got a decent amount of time for a change. Was expecting Beth to retain throughout the match but soon as she sold the ankle injury, I knew Nikki was winning. No problems with this really.

Punk's sobrierty test was alright, didn't think it was awesome like most people did but I didn't think it was awful either.

Sheamus/Henry/Bryan made perfect storyline sense, that's the best way I put it. Just wondering if they could have had Sheamus lose in less than 18 seconds from a Bryan distraction off of the first move of the match as a way for Bryan to taunt him. Guess it depends on whether you think it harms Sheamus' credibility or not.

Brodus stuff SUCKED, i'm not going into that.

Primo/Epico tag team match sucked too. Unless Santino is dropping the title at ER then winning the tag straps with Ryder almost straight after, give the fucking tag champs a win...

Contract signing I enjoyed. I'm glad it wasn't the typical standard promo > sign the contracts > brawl >someone goes through the table. I thought Brock's content was really good and made him come off as the asshole who'll do things when he wants, how he wants otherwise he's outta here as he only cares about himself. Here's how I interpreted the Cena stuff. I thought the wearing of the chain had two meanings, the first was in relation to Edge's promo about brining back the old John Cena to beat Brock Lesnar because as we all remember, when they feuded on SmackDown he was using the rapper gimmick. The second was simply used as 'backup' given Brock's volatile nature towards him and Josh since returning and how he's obviously scared of him given the late arrival to the ring and the constant closeups of him looking scared and gulping.

Thoroughly enjoyed the show outside the 2 tag matches prior to the contract signing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought it was a good Raw, only parts I didn't really care for were in the last hour, especially with that horrid ending segment. Brock needs Heyman more than I ever thought. Other than that, and the bits with Brodus and Khali, I thought Raw was good, much better than the last few 3 hours episodes.