WWE RAW 20th February 2012 - LIVE Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You're just making up where Wade's arms are, because you can't tell from the video where they are. But regardless of where his arms are, Dolph got thrown at an angle where he was going to hit the table if Wade and Truth didn't stop him cold. They usually catch the guy and fall backwards. Blame them for setting up the spot near the announce table, and blame them for standing too far back, but there wasn't a thing Wade could do once Dolph got launched at his head.
I ain't blaming Truth for being too far back. He was two steps in front of wade. And since the video is a youtube clip yeah you can see his arm. I'll agree on the fact that they should have done the spot on the opposite side the ring though. Having both his hands up to take the hit over 1 down which is why Dolph's legs hurt his left one and the other covering his face, would make the blow better for both he and Dolph, don't you think even if the result is Wade hitting the back of his head on the table? Are you arguing that Truth took the hit from the lower half and stopped that momentum, whereas Wade didn't stop any of the momentum of the top half at all?

I don't like to see any guy get hurt, but at the same time I hope Wade learns from the spot and Dolph is okay. Him learning from the spot only helps him to be safer and more reliable so they can put him in non-gimmick brawl scenarios unlike the past 4-5 months where he has done literally no actual wrestling. I hope he gets motivated, goes to the lab and puts in work to clean up his in ring skills and make himself a better worker and protects himself ans who he faces better

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I won't lie though, I'm glad as hell this wasn't WM and he wasn't catching Air Deadmen though with that lack of fundamentals, which is what I have said about why I want him nowhere near Taker that night anyhow. I'd want his ass to get pink slipped if it was him vs Taker for the streak and he botched that catch that bad much like I wanted Deuce

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
You're a Nope so you're blaming the white man over the Nope. That was all Truth's fault. Just like Truth botching his own flip dive on Miz a few weeks back. Yeah that prick hhh said it was Miz's fault but what the fuck does he know about diving or catching someone on a dive? He's never done either properly...

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Triple H has never caught a guy on a dive? Bitch please as he caught Air Deadman clean last year with Taker having a bad rotator cuff and with Cole's booth behind him, yet didn't hurt himself or Taker. Also, have you ever heard of Jeff Hardy, king of spots, who went over Trips for the IC title and had months of matches with him.

And Really, Truth didn't catch the legs and lower half? Bitch please

Come on with that shit. Don't be pissed that Truth can actually work a better match that isn't gimmick based and be trusted to keep an opponent safe and then just call him a Nope because Wade fucked up. Guess Wade didn't hurt Henry before in his career or Orton didn't get hurt working house shows with Wade to the point he needed to be written off and brought back after a break. He is fucking green.

Last edited:

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Will you lot shut the fuck up about the fuck up it was Big Show throwing Dolph way too hard that caused the fuck up in the first place.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thanks to that gif I' am def saying if you wanna blame one guy it's show for overthrowing him. Nothing could have been done about it by Dolph or Wade was just too much momentum to stop.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Will you lot shut the fuck up about the fuck up it was Big Show throwing Dolph way too hard that caused the fuck up in the first place.
Wade didn't put his fucking hands up while Dolph was in the air. Truth got his up beforehand. Wade no doing proper fundamental work before the catch when he knew the spot was coming was on him. He wasn't even in standing position as Truth was clearly there two steps ahead with both arms out and broke the lower halfs fall.

Did Big Show throw him hard? A bit. And we have all seen him throw guys much harder, higher, and faster than that with the other guy making the catch on point. Lord knows he has rocketed Rey multiple times for example

Is that catch still very manageable to the point Wade could break the brunt of the fall if he was in position next to Truth instead of behind him and to the right to boot and closed up that pocket, while having both hands out and ready like Truth had? Yes, he just didn't want to take the damn hit hard like Miz weeks ago with Truth which is why he covered his own face with his right hand and his left arm got trapped at his hip which is where he lifted it too after Dolph was already on the fall downward

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Seriously SAIYANS, get your head out of your ass and have a proper look. Yes, it was an unfortunate accident but there was only one person that was at fault and that person is Big Show as many others are saying and as the footage shows.

Here it is in 720p HD, watch it again and then tell me that Big Show isn't at fault.

5:47
[video=youtube;gyT4bxoACZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gyT4bxoACZM#t=347s[/video]​

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
At 6:27 Wade's left arm isn't even up to make the catch which is my point. The fact is his left arm gets caught on the way down for all 3 men, which is where he gets hurt. His right arm makes no catch and acts as a shield for his head and face which is understandable because as I said Big Show threw him a bit hard and human reaction naturally is to protect your face and eyes. You can see that on slow mo if you have tivo.

Big Show threw him a bit hard, not discounting that. Big Show didn't not launch Dolph any harder than he would a guy like Rey for example.

Truth clearly if you watch the replay in slow mo takes the blow with both hands and arms up. There is no way around that.

Wade's left arm isn't up for the catch at all and is on his side when Dolph starts the downward trajectory for the throw. When the contact of Dolph's body hitting Wade's happens Wade's left arm does not extend as a whole, but his forearm does like when you naturally bend it. All 3 men go down and Dolph's body falls flat with Wade's elbow taking the brunt of being caught between Dolph and Truth because his left forearm is extended but still at his side. That is a common basketball injury for anyone who has ever fell off the rim dunking. Wade then beats the mat out of frustration.

It was a combo of fault to go around. The agent who had them do the spot out right between the ring and announce table. The guy with the bright idea to put all the chamber participants in a battle royal especially less than 24 hours later. Big show for throwing him hard. Wade for not having that left arm up and extended in a cradle position ready for the catch like Truth.

The only guy who legit has no responsibility is Truth, as he took the hit. He had both arms and hands ready. He broke the lower halfs fall.

I've watched it in 1080p with slow mo, just like I did Kofi when he should have torn his knee up on replay

Last edited:

SAL

Reaction score
Let's put this to rest guys. It's Wade Barrett's fault because Psych has a boner for him since someone got hurt in a Barrett match two years ago.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing is about this is despite who's fault you think it is while Dolph took a rough bump Wade the guy being blamed here by PSYCH is the one who got hurt the worst. So even if Wade was being blamed here which I don't he's still the guy who got hurt the worst part of the deal.

PY.

Reaction score
Wow, kinda sad that there's arguing over who caused the injury.

Overall, it was a pretty good Raw. I didn't like how they focused so little on the WWE Championship picture, but everything else was pretty good. Was hoping to see some seeds planted into what Beth will be doing at Mania, but there's always next week.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Did I say YAY I'm glad Wade got hurt?

I wish he didn't. I don't think he is a good wrestler, and I honestly think the company has went out their way to hide that these past months with gimmick and tag matches to stop him from straight one on one wrestling like everyone else on the blue brand the past 4-5 months as he has not had one straight one on one wrestling match that is 5+ minutes and not a squash.

I said I hope Dolph was not hurt because he earned a WM spot this year. I hope he was not hurt because he put his faith in the hands of those three men and 2/3 goofed and could have hurt him when he was helpless.

I think Wade being hurt could be a blessing in disguise for him in some respect though. He has time now to go to the proverbial lab. He can watch tapes of himself, get in ring time in FCW with Steamboat who helps all injured guys and girls get back in shape, and he can fix his fundamentals to become a better and safer worker who doesn't get stuck in tag or gimmicks every week. He could hone his craft and comeback far better than he was when he left. I even said, I hope and bet that he gets on Mania to still get the pay day.

Just to be clear

SAL

Reaction score
Yes, but it fits Psych's narrative of Wade being an unsafe worker, so he's pushing his argument with nonsense about where Barrett's arm was 3 seconds before Show let Ziggler go. Show absolutely chucking Ziggler gets the huge majority of the blame.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wade's arm was down after Dolph was in the air and being thrown is my point. Read carefully. He had his arm tucked on his side with just his forearm out when he got hit body to body, over extended outward and forming a cradle like Truth had both his arms. He landed flat on his elbow which is a common thing that happens to anyone who plays or has played sports and had their arm stiff their in that position. You can get hurt like that in basketball if you fall off the rim and land on your elbow with body weight like he did or in football if you got tackled and land on your side with your arm in that position.

It is a 4 way blame like I said. I just put it writer, agent, Wade, and Show in that order of blame.

The writer should have gave them a promo heavy night so that the guys could recover from the chamber match with a live SD tomorrow to worry about as well. The agent should have booked the damn spot on the side the ring facing the titantron where there is more room for error. Wade should have had his hands similar to Truth and been ready for the catch over reacting after Dolph made contact. Show should have toned down strength because Dolph is not Rey so he is harder to stop when his body size gains momentum.

Last edited: