WWE Payback Preview & Live Discussion - May 17th, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Orton with that power slam was nuts, Charlie's going to scorch his shorts!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Seth Rollins retains with the Pedigree? Will this cause friction with Triple H? Such an incredible match.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Orton with that power slam was nuts, Charlie's going to scorch his shorts!!!

That spot nearly soiled my pants.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Overall a good show, glad we could catch it together buddy. I'm off to hit the hay but I'll do my best to be around for the fallout tomorrow.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Overall a good show, glad we could catch it together buddy. I'm off to hit the hay but I'll do my best to be around for the fallout tomorrow.

It was a fantastic time. I hope we do this again. I look forward to discussing this show with you tomorrow. Such a great show in my opinion.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Every match was solid, that's pretty much all I can ask for these days. Good stuff, can't wait to see where we go from here.

Just found The Thing on random television so it looks like I've got the perfect movie to fall asleep to.

Austin Bates

Reaction score
Good show. No match was a dud. But I did forget that Truth vs Stardust did happen on the pre show when reminiscing about the PPV.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Finally got around to watching this PPV, just a few thoughts from the show.

Really thought that Sheamus vs Ziggler was a great match to start off with, a good match and the blood looked absolutely brutal.The Brouge Kick while Ziggler was on his knees looking half dead was a great finish to the match. Not a big fan of this whole arse kissing thing though, don't really see the point in it.

I really am loving New Day at the moment, they've really kicked it up a notch recently. I must say this every single PPV but Big E has IT, he's a fantastic wrestler and he has great charisma. He is the whole package in my opinion and he's killing it as part of New Day. Xavier and Kofi are doing great too along with Big E, they're just brilliant together. Tyson and Cesaro are of course great as they usually are. The match was brilliant too, I am always quite a big fan of 2 out of 3 Falls matches and this different change with this match. Loved the belly to belly on the outside by Big E.The backstage interview with Byron Saxton later on was great too.

Honestly not a massive fan of either Ryback or Bray Wyatt at this moment in time. However, I did think the match was very good. I did like the finish to the match as I like Wyatt using dirty tactics to win like a heel should.

The advert for MITD is a brilliant piece of marketing in my opinion, I think it's a class idea.

Cena vs Rusev was pretty awesome as usual, Cena is putting on great match after great match at the moment. It's nitpicking but I thought the ref was asking Do you want to quit way too often in the match. Overall, a really great match to watch with two incredible wrestlers. Nikki looked exceptional during the divas match as per usual, Tamina looks great in the ring too and could be a real force.

I really like both King Barrett and Neville so the match was always gonna be great for me. Two contrasting styles works perfectly in this match. I wish the match would have had a proper ending but hopefully it means there will be future matches between these true.

Finally, my most anticipated match of the night was up and it really did not disappoint in my eyes. Fuji was right, after that powerslam I did scorch in my shorts :lol: The triple powerbomb spot was amazingly good, they did it perfectly and I was very happy that Rollins won.

Overall, I quite enjoyed the PPV. I don't really think that there was a particularly bad match during the PPV and I hope Elimination Chamber is even better.