WWE Payback Preview & Live Discussion - May 17th, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
ctVNWKM.png

[video=youtube;IST6qRfVqwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IST6qRfVqwY[/video]​

Wrestling Punks wants to see YOU on Sunday, May 17 for WWE Payback, live from the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Maryland. It's sure to be a wild and crazy night so why not join in the fun and insanity that is WWE and Wrestling Punks~!

6RuTa9H.jpg

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns - Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

John Cena (c) vs. Rusev - "I Quit" Match for the WWE United States Championship

edR64sf.jpg

Tyson Kidd & Cesaro vs. The New Day - 2/3 Falls Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship

68VoEve.jpg

Ryback vs. Bray Wyatt

P1GMfDa.jpg

Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus

h6qXB74.jpg

King Barrett vs. Neville

zYrK6m4.jpg

Naomi & Tamina vs. The Bella Twins

YotAEdX.jpg

The New Mega Powers vs. The Ascension - Pre-Show Match

Last edited by a moderator:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
OP updated with Ambrose being added to the title match. Glad to see him in there even if he's only going to be the one taking the pin.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Zomg! shield will reform to take out Ortonz and join the Authority Bookz it

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
OP updated with all the announced matches. As usual, here's some random thoughts on each of them....

Seth Rollins (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Randy Orton vs. Roman Reigns - There's a lot of star power here and that's never a bad thing. Obviously these guys all know each other quite well and should have no trouble putting together a cohesive match. Don't think it'll end up being MOTN but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I expect lots of shenanigans and am wondering what's going to happen with the wild card Ambrose. I still feel he's just there to eat the pin, but perhaps he'll have some time to shine before that happens.

John Cena (c) vs. Rusev - I'd love to be right with my theory that Cena quits after Rusev threatens to hurt Lana only for them to reveal that they were playing him all along. It would do nothing but help Rusev going forward. That being said, I have to assume it'll be lolCenawins and then wonder what they'll have to do to build Rusev back up.

Kidd/Cesaro vs. New Day - These guys went balls to the wall at ER and I expect more of the same and the eventual MOTN. The 2/3 Falls stipulation is one of my faves and I can't help but think these guys are going to pull out something magical with it. Here's hoping I'm right!

Ryback vs. Bray Wyatt - Both guys should probably be doing something else on the card, but here we are so we have to deal with it. Should be a decent enough match but nothing overly special. Looking forward to seeing if Harper and Rowan come out to reform the family that shouldn't have broken up in the first place.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Sheamus - One of the few matches on the card that actually involves some sort of payback after Sheamus shoved Dolph's face in his arse (can't believe I just wrote that) last month. If this gets a little more time than that last encounter then I think it could be a lot better.

King Barrett vs. Neville - Man, there's a lot of rematches on this show eh? They had a great match at ER so I figure we'll get more of the same here.

Diva's Tag - Whatever. I'll be busy opening a bottle of wine.

Pre-Show Match - I remember when everyone thought Sandow was going to be a breakout star when he first showed up. Then I remember when everyone thought he was going to be a breakout star when he won the briefcase. Then I remember when everyone thought he was going to be a breakout star when he broke up with Miz. How's that working out for everyone? I don't know what Sandow did but WWE's handling of him has totally and completely sucked on every level and made me give zero fucks about him. Since I also give zero about everyone else in this match, I can't believe I wrote more words about it than any other one. :lol:

Anyhow, I'll most likely be here on Sunday unless I find something better to do. Anyone else planning on watching live?

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So who joining the party tonight?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I asked yesterday and nobody responded so I made plans to go out this evening. I'll probably be back to watch it by 10 or 11 though, so if anyone wants to wait until then to check it out I'll keep you posted.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I won't be able to make the live show tonight like usual, I hate working sunday nights, but I hope everyone enjoys the show. I'll be around just after for my live commentary.

I asked yesterday and nobody responded so I made plans to go out this evening. I'll probably be back to watch it by 10 or 11 though, so if anyone wants to wait until then to check it out I'll keep you posted.
I'll be watching Payback when I get home around 11 if you want to do it together?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I won't be able to make the live show tonight like usual, I hate working sunday nights, but I hope everyone enjoys the show. I'll be around just after for my live commentary.

I'll be watching Payback when I get home around 11 if you want to do it together?
Yeah, I should be home by then, or just a bit after. I'll keep you posted but I'm definitely down so don't start without me!

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Yeah, I should be home by then, or just a bit after. I'll keep you posted but I'm definitely down so don't start without me!

All right, I'll wait for your signal... I definitely won't start without you! Sounds like a great night for Payback :shifty:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Re: WWE Payback Preview & Live Discussion - May 17th, 2015

I am working this whole weekend and wont be home til about 1130 tonight and have to be up at 5am to go bavk for another 16 hours

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage

I am working this whole weekend and wont be home til about 1130 tonight and have to be up at 5am to go bavk for another 16 hours
May as well just stay awake and watch Payback with us.

Just kidding, if I were you I'd be hitting the sack as soon as I got in the door.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Damn, that sucks. Would have loved getting the whole band back together. Work can be a bitch.

Just kidding, if I were you I'd be hitting the sack as soon as I got in the door.
For a second I thought you were serious!

Maybe a few other peeps will get the clue and join us...

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

I plan on it hope i dont stay awake for ever laying in bed ttying to go to sleep