WWE NXT Takeover Headed to WrestleMania 31?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
We noted earlier this year that WWE would be running live NXT Takeover specials every four months or so. This was later confirmed by Triple H during a media call. The next special is confirmed for December 11th.

The next Takeover special would come during the month of March 2015 and there's a lot of speculation within WWE that they may bring the NXT crew to WrestleMania 31 weekend in the San Francisco area. There would be issues with running an event the size of Takeover with WrestleMania Axxess but it is possible and would put NXT on a much bigger stage.
I'd love to see this to be honest if they could find somewhere to stage it

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Better just be Axxess events, dues need to be paid.

People like Lance Storm never got to work Mania, but some developmental guys can? Fuck that.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Shit, Nobody works on SD during the last week before Mania. Give the kids from NXT Smackdown's Timeslot for the night and let them go off.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I always hate the last SmackDown before Mania, I'm all for that idea, MOM.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Better just be Axxess events, dues need to be paid.

People like Lance Storm never got to work Mania, but some developmental guys can? Fuck that.
Lance Storm got fucking boring chants vs The Rock. He didn't deserve to set foot in a mania.

And as fort his, it should be done like the first nitro in an open setting. And it shouldn't be takeover, it should be NXT Arrival which one be like their anniversary special

Reactions: The Cork

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lance Storm got fucking boring chants vs The Rock. He didn't deserve to set foot in a mania.

And as fort his, it should be done like the first nitro in an open setting. And it shouldn't be takeover, it should be NXT Arrival which one be like their anniversary special
Batista got no chants when he was in the ring with The Rock stfu

Fact still remains some wet behind the ears nobody shouldn't be at a Mania unless he is part of someone's entrance......Dues need paying.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
The NXT roster as a whole is leaps and bounds ahead of the main roster. What NXT does in a hour beats 3 hours of Raw. It's pretty sad when the development guys are showing up the main roster.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
What blatant bias, nXt roster has 5 guys and 3 girls who are competent enough to have a botchless match and don't have some goofy gimmick that would die on the main roster.

Even KENTA looked like shit when I saw him face Ascension.

Only sad thing is how people dont go out of their way to shit on nXt the way they do for Raw. Probably because it isn't viewed as a WWE product IMO.

Reactions: The Cork

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The NXT roster as a whole is leaps and bounds ahead of the main roster. What NXT does in a hour beats 3 hours of Raw. It's pretty sad when the development guys are showing up the main roster.
Cmon its akin to if the ECW brand was relaunched in the ballroom like ons2 weekly as opposed to big arenas like sd.

Raw is given shit because it was never based purely on wrasslin as much as entertainment.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Not even close. They're just booked well in that hour. It takes way more to have a 2 or 3 hour show than a 1 hour show that's mainly just matches.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
It's an all-star fantasy Indy show, any card with KENTA, Steen, Generico, Prince Devitt, PAC, and IWC favourites like Tyson Kidd & Regal is gonna get smark panties wet.

It's shit tho. Bingo hall wrestling - no buys.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
It's not like Raw doesn't have matches that develop with already established stars.

I agree that NXT should be separate from Mania. You are supposed to work your way to that event not just given a freebie.

Weez

Reaction score
Nah. If the brand REALLY took off, I could absolutely see them trying to do an NXT Arena show on Friday Night, or Hell, Saturday Afternoon/Evening before the HOF. Ya know WWE always wants to rip every single cent from you they can lol.

I love NXT. I think it's a great show, but I don't have any illusions about what it is. It's a development show. I look at the stupid gimmicks that I can't believe someone thinks will REALLY work (and then the NXT Audience loves it like indy smark fucks. Adam Rose? Are you fucking kidding me? Leo Kruger was badass ffs.) I watch NXT weekly but I skip most RAWs now but I'm not about to say it's a better show, it's just more what I give a shit about. WEll, that and I gotta justify this 9.99 sub for something, right?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I'm a huge fan of NXT, but c'mon...Mania? That show is for the creme de le creme. By that, I mean buyrates, buyrates, buyrates. Who's going to pay to see someone like Adrien Neville, or Tyson Kidd, even as gifted as they are in the ring? 100 people tops? The NXT guys need to get more over if they want that spot.