Wwe Network - 1 Million Subscriber

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
variety

Surpassing 1 million subscribers since the end of October represents a growth of 37% since the third quarter. Around 24% of that came from new members in the U.S.

The actual number — 1,000,648 — is the current subscriber count, as of Jan. 27, and after “Royal Rumble,” which was available in 170 countries and territories.

That’s after a group of very vocal fans took to Twitter shortly after the event, causing the hashtag #CancelWWENetwork to trend, to voice their disapproval of the show’s outcome.

:network::reigns:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
#CancelWWENetwork shouldn't have been taken serious because you only need a phrase said 6000 times to cause a trend topic on twitter. The real number was roughly around 30 thousand from what I read online and mostly from the the same people saying it all night. Stocks are up, network reached its goal and those vocal critics are once again proven to be a minority.

Good for WWE, I won't be getting any money so that's all I can say.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not saying they haven't passed that mark because i'm pretty sure it would be illegal or some shit to mislead shareholders and what not but I can't help but feel like this was just released to try and cover over that shitstorm of a PPV and all the negativity it received.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Misleading stockholders is a crime yo, Vince can't beat the government twice.

Can we all agree that people online like us in forums or twitter/facebook etc..groups, don't make much of a dent in the overall fanbase.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Not saying they haven't passed that mark because i'm pretty sure it would be illegal or some shit to mislead shareholders and what not but I can't help but feel like this was just released to try and cover over that shitstorm of a PPV and all the negativity it received.
It was reported this was the number as of Monday afternoon, and that the gained more than they lost after the rumble. The fact is its "negativity" isn't that negative when you get more subscribers, reach your goal, and see some kind of payoff. Pleasing Bryan contingent happened last year and it lost them money and a payoff, they won't let some jeers or tweets bug them.

They gave in last year and Bryan got his moment but it hurt the company. Bryan missed the first raw after winning for a honeymoon. Missed another for a death. Got hurt, held the title up for two months, and they got nothing out their supposed headliner. To top it off he couldn't heal in time and needed almost over half a year to comeback. In hindsight they could have went with their guns and had their title in every media shoot there was attached to the star of one of the most profitable global movies there was last year.

Jeers be damned, reigns is the guy this year. They have to stick to and with that. They can't paint Bryan back in and hope he doesn't fall apart again let alone that he can survive Brock flinging him around. You also don't want to offend Rock by fucking over his cuz, when you can possibly talk Rock into teaming with or facing him which is huge since Rock has 3 more hits coming with Fast 7, GI. Joe 3, and the DC movie

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I note how it says 'since the end of October', when November was free trial month.

Its PR spin IMO, anything to bleach over the Royal Rumble bad press.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Didn't have anything to do with the network finally hitting the UK? Or Rumble being popular.

Nope, this thing is a flop.

Would increase more numbers in Canada if Rogers was actually available to all of Canada and not just the east coast.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Didn't have anything to do with the network finally hitting the UK? Or Rumble being popular.

Nope, this thing is a flop.

Would increase more numbers in Canada if Rogers was actually available to all of Canada and not just the east coast.

We get a 2 week free trial too, offer still ongoing from launch date.

These numbers are doctored.

PR spin.

Twitchy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
heathslater
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
alsnow
Favorite Wrestler
melina
Misleading stockholders is a crime yo, Vince can't beat the government twice.

Can we all agree that people online like us in forums or twitter/facebook etc..groups, don't make much of a dent in the overall fanbase.

^^ agreed.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
We get a 2 week free trial too, offer still ongoing from launch date.

These numbers are doctored.

PR spin.
Lord of the Reigns popped buyrates.

Patched the potholes the Yes Man left behind :vince4:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think the likes of Dale are just trying to put this prospective yes it is progress, but they still have a long way to go, and yes there could be a certain amount of spin on this.

The suggestion that WWE lost money last year because of Daniel Bryan's push doesn't wash with me. To me wrestling is just going through one of those spells like it had in the mid-90s where people just arn't that interested in it (including myself to be fair). WWE has lost money, or at least not made a profit for most years since about 2001.

Weez

Reaction score
Can't we just say that the WWE Lost money because even with a million subscribers bringing in 10 million a month, that isn't going to make up for $50-60 ppvs 12 times a year? Wrestlemania poips over a million buys, the rest are what? 250-300k buys? That was one of the things Ole Phil Brooks was curious about. How are you gonna pay the talent their ppv rates if you're not making enough money on the ppv?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Can't we just say that the WWE Lost money because even with a million subscribers bringing in 10 million a month, that isn't going to make up for $50-60 ppvs 12 times a year? Wrestlemania poips over a million buys, the rest are what? 250-300k buys? That was one of the things Ole Phil Brooks was curious about. How are you gonna pay the talent their ppv rates if you're not making enough money on the ppv?
You don't get that 50 back with ppv. They weren't even getting half that but for WM from cable companies

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The PPV providers were making half of what WWE were pumping out, mainly the reason why ppvs are $50 and not $30 like it used to be, Network makes sure they get the whole pie.