WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion - 09/2/13

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
No he's not. He's going along with it. He's abiding by HHH's rules. Show is the one going against authority. It's been 3 weeks and Bryan hasn't got some sort of revenge on Orton. At the end of every show, Bryan looks weak as fuck.

How is not giving up his title match not going against authority.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
No he's not. He's going along with it. He's abiding by HHH's rules. Show is the one going against authority. It's been 3 weeks and Bryan hasn't got some sort of revenge on Orton. At the end of every show, Bryan looks weak as fuck.

getting everything they have thrown at you and you coming back every week is the opposite of the looking weak dude.. [MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION] you can explain this better I am half drunk

Kushikimi

Reaction score
I also think its them showing how afraid they are of him. If DB beat down his foes every week he would look like Hogan or Cena but him getting the shit kicked out of him every week makes his pursuit of the title all the much better and when he does beat Randy it will make him look that much better because he has shown he can still win with all the shit that has happened to him.

I get that... but is there a need for that to happen each week? They could just do one week where Bryan gets the upper hand on The Shield and Randy refuses to go in to the ring because of that and simply stands outside rising the title above his head, just to show he's the champ and not Bryan.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
getting everything they have thrown at you and you coming back every week is the opposite of the looking weak dude.. [MENTION=51]Fuji Vice[/MENTION] you can explain this better I am half drunk
I did in my last post.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Ok... why does Bryan needs to be out on the canvas each and every week? Is there a need to that?

Stone Cold defied authority and he didn't end on the canvas each and every week... neither did Punk.

Why does everyone want him to be Stone Cold? Stone Cold was fucking boring he stuns everyone and never ever gets his ass beat down...this is a new compelling character that has people invested in him...he is the underdog.....really they are doing something here...I mean you guys have watched wrestling your whole lives you should be able to understand how good this is for DB in the long run

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I get that... but is there a need for that to happen each week? They could just do one week where Bryan gets the upper hand on The Shield and Randy refuses to go in to the ring because of that and simply stands outside rising the title above his head, just to show he's the champ and not Bryan.

I would not be surprised if that didn't happen here soon but right now they are making it look like (no pun intended) he has no chance in hell of winning and are trying to break his spirit. It's like breaking a wild horse it takes a while to break the will of that horse, just like DB. His will is so strong and by them doing this they think he will give up.

The Viper

Reaction score
Vips they really aren't making Bryan look bad this one night was about Show and Cody, next week it will be more people....the one constant is that DB is the one standing up to it and in the end he will perceiver

He has no credibility right now. Bryan is going into Night of Champions in a couple of weeks as the #1 Contender to the WWE Title, yet, he keeps getting his ass beat every week. I'm not saying it's his fault and that he's being a bitch, he just looks really weak. He just stood there for 5 minutes while Show was contemplating what to do.

He seriously couldn't just duck and have Show hit Reigns? It's just so annoying. I like that they're not likeable heels but the whole focus should be on Bryan since he's on this quest for the title but it's all about Show and has been since the night after Summerslam.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why does everyone want him to be Stone Cold? Stone Cold was fucking boring he stuns everyone and never ever gets his ass beat down...this is a new compelling character that has people invested in him...he is the underdog.....really they are doing something here...I mean you guys have watched wrestling your whole lives you should be able to understand how good this is for DB in the long run

I was with you until you said Stone Cold was boring.

Sent from my GALAXY S®4 using Tapatalk 2

The Viper

Reaction score
In all honesty, how is Bryan supposed to look strong when the odds are so overwhelmingly stacked against him? The fact that he still goes out there and tries to compete even though he knows he's going to get screwed and beaten down is the most compelling thing about his character. That's what separates him from Stone Cold and why its alright for him to be on the mat at the end of the show.

Bryan has fought against multiple people before, as you know. He's single handedly taken out The Shield now. Now that they're with HHH and Orton, he's incapable of doing that other than when it's in a match?

Sabretooth

Reaction score

But Bryan has been the underdog his whole life and the Corporation is preying on that. The fans are so mad at that, they want Bryan to say fuck the corporation. Hes defying authority even though he'll get beat up all the time.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He has no credibility right now.
I don't think that's true either, he has major cred from his clean win over Cena, at least in my mind.

Seriously, how is he supposed to beat down everyone that's attacking him? That's the whole point of this angle in the first place. As for your point about being incapable of taking down the Shield in that situation tonight, how is he going to fight them off after getting beaten down for a bit by a guy who's twice his size? He was tired and it showed.

Kushikimi

Reaction score

Is just the closest comparison I have now... I don't want him to be Stone Cold... but everyone has some sort of "knack" in them and from time to time you get one up on what ever is kicking your butt. I haven't seen that from the storyline yet. He needs at least one "good" night. That's all I think this is lacking. One night in which Bryan outsmarts his foes or simply puts himself in position to say... "I'm not falling for that anymore".

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I don't think that's true either, he has major cred from his clean win over Cena, at least in my mind.

Seriously, how is he supposed to beat down everyone that's attacking him? That's the whole point of this angle in the first place.

Personally I think the fact that he keeps getting his ass handed to him and continues to come back gives him credibility.

Sent from my GALAXY S®4 using Tapatalk 2

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Stone Cold is hands down the most absolutely overrated Superstar to come of the Attitude Era...IMO

and I give up trying to explain this shit and how this isn't making Bryan look bad...holy fuck...

The Viper

Reaction score
I guess it makes it look more real because he does keep getting beat down and that's what any normal guy would go through in that situation but it just irks me that Bryan can't get a hand in at all unless it's a part of a match.

He tried to attack Shield and Orton on SD but was unsuccessful. Okay that's fine. Then he just got his ass beat at the end of the show. Fuck, might as well have Show face Orton instead of Bryan.